May 2012 babies - so far 8 yellow, 22 blue, 21 pink!

Oh wow i didnt even know that! I was drinking alot of milk when i wsas feeding her. That makes me feel a bit better all the possibilities my midwife was saying were kind of scary and i been trying to not think the worst but when its ur little baby not doing the basic thing like eating properly its hard not to.

I have an appointment in about 6 hours.

I couldn't believe it today, I got Jackson weighed and less than 3 weeks after birth he is 7 lbs 13 oz, which is over a lb above his birth weight!

Oh wow i didnt even know that! I was drinking alot of milk when i wsas feeding her. That makes me feel a bit better all the possibilities my midwife was saying were kind of scary and i been trying to not think the worst but when its ur little baby not doing the basic thing like eating properly its hard not to.

I have an appointment in about 6 hours.

Oh I completely understand. But from all I've read/researched and been told... you can help determine if a baby has a milk or soy allergy by eliminating them from your diet and seeing how they do that way. Hopefully that's all it is with her :)

My sister took this pic today he's so beautiful :)

Attachments

• 156452_10150916336032002_507592001_9812680_1167896072_n.jpg
    156452_10150916336032002_507592001_9812680_1167896072_n.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 4
Well they are going to treat aria for reflux which I find strange since she never cries or seems uncomfortable at all. I have been told to keep her on the thick formula since its the only one she is keeping down. Was prescibed medication for constipation for her because of the thick formula. And given gaviscon to try in expressed bmilk or other formula to see if she stops vomiting then. Going back in a week...........i guess they have to rule out everything and this could be quite time consuming then? I hope this is all it is! I dont know enough about reflux to know myself but i always assumed babies were very colicky if they had that.....aria is definitely not colicky she sleeps and eats thats it.

Sheesh another me me post.... But quite exciting me thinks

Eva Mairi was born at 6.37am in the birthing pool at the hospital, 7lb 9oz & gorgeous :cloud9:

X

ah congratulations rjsmam! beautiful name, can't wait to see piccies!

So is it just me left? I had a sweep today, 1 cm dilated so my body is thinking about maybe having a baby....surely there's someone else still waiting?

Ah hoping! I was sure there was someone else!

How come not till 41+1 is that just when they can see you? How are you feeling are you super ready or still ok?

Congrats rjsmam!!! So many pink babies over the past few days! Can't wait for pictures, and more pictures of all the beautiful May (and April) babies :) I really like the idea of us having a baby group too, talking to you ladies is less scary than asking the entire forum haha

I'm still waiting too. I don't get a sweep until 40+1 either, but I'm only 39 at the moment. Had an appointment with the consultant today to discuss my birth now I'm under consultant led care. They said because I've had a problem free pregnancy, not to rule out a water birth, but its very unlikely they'll find a midwife who would be willing to assist me in one, because they can't guarantee I have no infections etc in my blood, so they wouldn't be too keen on putting their hands in the water. I spent 20 minutes attempting to have my bloods done, but all it resulted in was me throwing up and nearly wetting myself from fear :(
So all in all a pretty crappy morning! :( Pretty much wasted my day too, as I got there at 10:45 and have only just got home!

The only positive is, we finally!! got the OK from the estate agents, so we collect our keys at 12pm tomorrow :D Can't wait to move into our beautiful new house!

I am still waiting but I have been bad for neglecting BnB lately :blush:

I am 39wks today and have stretch and sweep booked for my midwife appointment at 40+1 xx

Well they are going to treat aria for reflux which I find strange since she never cries or seems uncomfortable at all. I have been told to keep her on the thick formula since its the only one she is keeping down. Was prescibed medication for constipation for her because of the thick formula. And given gaviscon to try in expressed bmilk or other formula to see if she stops vomiting then. Going back in a week...........i guess they have to rule out everything and this could be quite time consuming then? I hope this is all it is! I dont know enough about reflux to know myself but i always assumed babies were very colicky if they had that.....aria is definitely not colicky she sleeps and eats thats it.

Hannah has reflux and I will say she's a very fussy and colicky baby. We haven't given her meds yet though. We follow-up with her pediatrician tomorrow after the hospital stay from earlier this week and she'll be prescribing something then. I really hope it works. She started spitting up stomach acid and bits of formula yesterday :/ In doing research on it though, I have read there are some "happy spitters" so maybe she falls under that category?

It's weird though because from what I remember reading, Aria was having weight gain issues correct? But she's not fussy. Hannah's gaining weight just fine but seems to be in constant pain from it. Silly how these little babies work! Hopefully all that helps her though!

Hannah spent the night at my Mom's again last night so we could catch up on sleep from the hospital stay/the last few days. Her reflux is getting worse and her appointment is tomorrow... can't come soon enough!

I can't believe she's 4 weeks old tomorrow and will already be 1 month old on Sunday! Where has the time gone?!?!

I had my little girl on Monday May 21st. She was born at 9:27am weighing 7 lbs 9 oz and 20" long. Her name is Fiona Mae.

My water broke around 3 in the morning when I rolled over in bed and after 6 1/2 hours of natural labour (gas & air) and a total of 12 minutes pushing, she was out and in the world :) My midwife let me leave 3 hours after the birth (straight from the birthing room) which is what I requested since I have a 22 month as well and didn't want to be away from her.

Breastfeeding is going pretty good and I am healing nicely.

Attachments

• Fiona-006.jpg
    Fiona-006.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Fiona-012.jpg
    Fiona-012.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 4
where i live they don't do sweep until at least 7 days post due date!! Which sucks. If the sweep doesn't woek I am hoping they will take me in before the jubilee weekend for induction as don't want to be lwft until after then!

Congrats rjsmam and venus!

Waves yeah aria lost more than 10 percent of her birthweight and was gaining very slowly when we put her on formula cos she was vomiting most of it. The biggest weight gain was the last but only because of the thickened formula which she keeps down but she is still just under her birth weight.
She sleeps a lot she was very colicky att the start but that was cos she was hungry.
You sound like you are having such a rough time with hannah! Im so sorry hopefully she gets over whatever it is soon and the meds u get work. I have not tried ours yet will be trying later today. Let us know how ur appointment goes!

Congrats on the new house luci!

Good luck for your sweep cliqmo, nothing has come of mine 24 hours later so fingers crossed something naturally happens before my next one on thursday next week!

Hoping good luck for your sweep too!

If either of you havent had a sweep before i didnt find it too uncomfortable but was a little shocked with the amount of blood so if they do it at your home make sure you put a towel down first - I didnt!

Venus, what a lovely name - congratulations on such a lovely birth :)

Sorry about the silent reflux waves - hope you get something that helps asap x

I am so, so excited!!!! We get our keys in just over an hour, to the beautiful house I showed you all a few months ago :D :D
I did 3 solid hours of packing last night, but had to stop because I was getting really bad pains in my bump and back. Maybe doing more packing and unpacking today will kick start baby into action!
It is so, so hot today!! but I can't wait to move into my beautiful house! Am a bit nervous about living with my OH for the first time though!!!

Congratulations rjsmam on your little girl, lovely name...that was also on our shortlist before we settled on Lola. I hope you are settling together.

Venus congrats on your beautiful arrival aswell...so many little girls!

I bought Lola a playgym yesterday and she seems to really enjoy it. She's even managing to grab the hanging toys so glad I got it. I've tried her with some tummy time and she is quite happy with that aswell.

I've got my little nephew later so he and Lola can spend some time together.

I hope everyone else is well today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->