May 2012 babies - so far 8 yellow, 22 blue, 21 pink!

Zephyr: My mom was telling me that I had a very similiar issue as Aria. In my case, it was because the esophageal sphincter was n't fully developed and that was why I threw up so much - maybe this is what Aria has. In my case, it just got better with age, but in some cases I think there is a procedure they can do to help tighten the sphincter.

Waves: Thats so great that you have your mom close by to help! Hannah is certainly making her mommy run circles!

Luci: Congrats on the house!!

Rjsmam: YAY!!! Finally!!! What a lovely name! I hope all is going well! Congrats hun!

Venus: Congrats of your LO too!

hoping: Im of the opinion that sweeps will only work if your body was going to go into labour anyways. I had 3 VERY favorable sweeps, and Gabe was still nearly a week overdue!

and now for Gabe News: Gabe is still struggling. We had a Dr appt on Wednesday, and sadly he had lost weight, and when I had the breastfeeding nurse in, we realized that while he was latching on, he wasnt actually drawing any milk out, and so his bad mommy actually hadn't fed him in a day or 2. Now he's pretty much refusing to latch, and when he does, he has this flutter type sucking with very little swallowing. So now we have to supplement with formula. I'm trying to pump, but I'm not getting very much out like I was a week ago... I think the time he wasn't drawing any thing out affected my supply. And him not doing his part with breastfeeding now isn't helping things. So the nurse is coming back today to weigh him and see if we can get him back on the boob. We are now onto the last ditch effort. What we are doing is working on his latch, and once we get him well latched, we insert a tube into the corner of his mouth, with the other end in a bottle of EBM or formula, so that when he sucks, he gets a bit of the top up, which will help keep him motivated to keep on sucking. It looks pretty complicated to set up, but its all I can do to get this kid on the boob. If this doesn't work, Im going to have go to straight formula. Im completely devastated and heartbroken, as I was sooo looking forward to breastfeeding, but Gabe's needs come before my wants.

I posted this in the other May thread I'm in but I hope that some of you having issues with BF and the guilt associated with it find as much comfort from this thread as I do- its about BF guilt and just tons of women who tried and weren't able to successfully BF for long for whatever reason:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/f...astfeeding-guilt-grief-support-thread-80.html

As for me my chunky butt is almost 3 weeks old tomorrow! He was very very crabby yesterday which I attribute to a growth spurt= taking in way more formula than usual= tummy aches and gas= getting overtired from the gas and pains=super fussy. He slept almost through the night (funny I say that now, to me, "through the night" used to be at least 7 hours sleep, now if I can get him to sleep 4 hours its "Through the night" LOL). So I am hoping this weekend will be relaxed and calm.

Kinda bummed, was going to go out on the Harley with the hubby on Monday for a memorial day ride with a bunch of people, and was going to drop Jackson off with Grandma for the day, but the weather is supposed to be horrible and although I have leathers and rain gear I don't want to be riding in the rain at all... so kinda bummed. I asked my mom last night if she would tell me if I was asking too much of her because she does come over a few times a week to help me and she told me I wasn't, but that at some point she was going to stop coming over to give me naps because I should learn to sleep when he sleeps. It's so much easier said than done! I swear as soon as my head hits the pillow I get maybe an hour tops before he's up. If he's in the living room with DH or my mom he will sleep for hours so that's why I always ask someone to come by! But it's getting easier, my body is getting more used to the 3 hour stretches of sleep.

Great link Kendra!

Gabe is up to 6 lbs 9 oz! He gained 3 oz in 2 days! Had the nurse back today, were trying this sns system that tires a bottle of supplement around your neck and a tiny tube goes from the bottle into baby's mouth when he latches.its supposed to encourage baby to suck while on the breast to help strengthen the jaw. Iknow few people who have done this and it worked for them. So going to continue with the formula supplementation, and hopefully as Gabe gets bigger, his latch improves and we can do this successfully...

Waves: Thats so great that you have your mom close by to help! Hannah is certainly making her mommy run circles

She really is haha. It's even better now because my mom put her 2 week notice in at her job so she'll have even MORE free time to help us out. She's likely going to be our babysitter so I can return to work.

were trying this sns system that tires a bottle of supplement around your neck and a tiny tube goes from the bottle into baby's mouth when he latches.

Good luck with the SNS. A friend of mine on Facebook has been successfully breast feeding with one and her daughter is closing in on almost 2 years old? Maybe a little over a year old... but still, it's helped her big time. She uses donor milk as well so that she's not supplementing with formula and her daughter only gets breast milk - an option for you if it works and you want to avoid formula for whatever reason.

Took Hannah back to her doctor for a follow-up from her hospital stay. She's still 8lbs 6oz (she was the same on Monday when we were discharged) and her doctor tried to get away with saying "Well, because she had a virus, it's hard to say how painful the reflux really is for her." This was after a week prior telling me, "She has thrush and just started a new formula so it's hard to say how painful the reflux really is for her." I wasn't leaving without a solution so she prescribed Prevacid solutabs. I have to give her the first dose in a few minutes here which should be fun & challenging.

It just aggravates me... they say because Hannah's gaining weight that it can't be "that bad." My child screaming bloody murder because of her reflux is bad enough for me to want to help alleviate the pain any way I can and all the precautions they told me to do (elevate her bed, keep her upright after feeding, etc) doesn't do a darn thing. So fingers crossed this RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE medication works.

Good luck waves i hope it helps :)

Kendra thanks for the link imma have to get on the computer later and have a look! I feel very guilty that im breastfeeding max but aria is on formula :( i dont get much time with her cos max is always on the boob.

Bumpin that is interesting actually.....the medication we were given doesnt really help much but the spewing seems to be getting better very slowly over time whether thats cos of the meds or what i dunno but im testing her out on expressed milk later today hopefully she keeps that down! Sorry for your troubles too i hope everything works out.

I brought an electric pump cos the manual one was a pain in my ass and have been trying to express for aria. Managed to get 100mls this morning so will test that on her later with the meds. I hope she can keep it down. Jst cant get over how easy the pump is!

I was going to try my cloth nappies today too i have gone thru so many disposables!! We go thru a big huggies box of 108 nappies in about 4 or 5 days its just madness!!

My lump has gone down too....still there but a lot smaller. Hoping it doesnt cause too many more problems. Just glad i didnt have to go back to hospital.

Hope everyone else is good.

Cloth nappies was a complete failure, I got shat on. Max decided it was a great time to do one of those newborn really explosive poos and it went everywhere!! all out the sides and everything.
He usually poos often in manageable amounts so I thought cloth would be okay but he got me a good one!

Hey all, a quick update from my phone. I'm due a proper update & will do so when I get chance to turn laptop on!

We had a 6hr discharge from hospital so we were home same afternoon Eva was born. I will write up my birth story soon - have been having flashbacks but already its fading. I have stitches & a graze (nice) & currently agonizing nipples when Eva latches. She's not been weighed yet so I not yet sure if her feeding is ok. She wants to feed 24/7 & had v little sleep so I hope all this nursing is successful! Need to buy nipple cream today for sure!

X

The constant feeding is to help build your supply so hopefully it's going well for you!!

Rjsmam thanks for the update. And yep keep up with the constant feeding, this will help bring your milk in and give you the right amount for Eva.

Can't wait to see pics if her!

I was hoping to get a little sleep before heading out for a bbq but little Lola doesn't want to be unattached from me so am currently relaxing with her. Its so hot here at the moment can't sit in my living room because its boiling!

I am so glad it hasn't gotten super hot here in Washington State yet. We've had some nice days but it isn't getting above 70 which is fine with me! We live upstairs and don't have AC so I don't want it getting too hot for LO.

I can't believe LO is 3 weeks today! And that I have to go back to work in a little over 3 weeks :( Not sure how we're going to do the daycare thing... my mom is unemployed right now and if she still is in 3 weeks she may be willing to watch him but I don't know. Hubby isn't working but goes to school, he isn't supposed to have classes during the summer but if he doesn't go to school we don't get a stipend for housing like we have been getting from the VA. So we're between a rock and a hard place. Hoping things will align for us in the next couple weeks.

thanks Waves! i think my milk is coming in properly today too so hot painful breasts which makes me need to feed - but pains like red hot pokers when she latches due to chapped nipples..... youchies!

Rjs I had the same problem when my milk came in. Still struggling with my boobs now and get engorged and all that... I know it's gonna take a few weeks to settle down. Can't wait till this breastfeeding is established and no longer hurts! Also looking forward to her being a bit more stable and be support her head and stuff. I'm so scared of this newborn stage! not looking forward to OH going back to work next week and me being on my own. He does so much!!

Lola went to her first bbq yesterday which was lovely. The only annoying thing that I'm concerned about is someone kept letting their son touch her and kiss her...yes I didn't get chance to stop them and he had an awful cough!!! He wasnt ill and was running around all over the place but I'm so worried now that Lola might get a cold and she's too little for that. I'm hoping the antibodies I'm passing on through feeding her will stop her getting anything.

My LO won't sleep in the crib or bassinet but will sleep in the bouncer- I believe because he is surrounded with padding in the bouncer and it simulates the womb. I bought a sleep positioner and have seen the horrible reviews of it because of babies that are able to turn over in their sleep suffocating with them. I don't intend to use it longer than a couple weeks to get him used to sleeping in the bassinet and since he can't roll over yet I am hoping its ok... I just don't know how else to get him to sleep in the bassinet. I've tried rolled up receiving blankets, and swaddling him (he breaks out of it, doesn't like to be tightly swaddled anymore), so I don't know what else to do. But if you google sleep positioner there is nothing but horrible articles and warnings about them :(

Just a quick post to say I'm still here and still pregnant!

First sweep didn't work but this morning I've woken up and found for the first time that I've lost a bit of plug - only a bit but it means a lot to me now I'm overdue, my poor feet are so swollen nothing I do gets them down in this heat so fingers crossed I go into labour soon.

Good luck Frangi and yep you must be ready to go any time surely!! Good luck, least you know now that within a week you should have your LO :D

Kendra, how frustrating! I dont know much about the sleep thingee but I hope it works! I've been sleeping Aria in a bouncer too for her puking.

So its been a few days and at first the meds we were givn seemed to have worked but we are back to Aria vomiting every feed again and have had to start using the thickened formula more right when we just had her constipation under control!! GRRRR I hope she doesn't go back to being constipated :( We have another appointment on Thursday for a follow up so we will see what our next options are since the last lot were useless.

can you put dark karo syrup in her bottle? my dr said to do 1/2 tsp in 1-2 bottles.

Zepher- sorry to hear things dont seem to have improved :( how is Max doing?

I'm still here, and still pregnant lol. I havent had any twinges or anything, and i don't think i've lost any plug, so its looking like i'll be a june mummy instead! Please don't kick me out though haha.
I moved in to our beautiful new house on fri, so now i'm officially living with a boy for the first time ever!!! So far we've survived a trip to ikea, assembling flat packs, and him accidently pulling a cupboard door off in the kitchen, so fingers crossed things will be ok!!
Friday was the hottest day we've had in cardiff, by a long way! Its getting cooler again now, with a nive bit of breeze. Am buying a cheap paddling pool today, so i can sit and wallow in the garden like a hippo.
Have got the midwife on fri, at 40+1, where i'll be offered a sweep. Not entirely sure if i want one, i've heard they hurt and i'm a bit scared!!
Starting to get nervous about labour now, and am torn between being.uncomfortable and wanting baby out, to being scared of labour and wanting it to stay in lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->