May 2013 Babies

Big congrats and hugs to everyone and our beautiful babies.

I honestly don't miss being pregnant at all! I was so sick of being sick, I even threw up while I was pushing him out!!
I am soooo tired but so in love with my little man, I wouldn't change him for the world. It's funny, I always said I would never co-sleep but at the moment, it's the only way for any of us to get a wink of sleep. He seems to be really insecure at night. I'm hoping I'll be able to phase him out of our bed in the next few weeks.

I'm with you Court, planning on one more, a little brother or sister for Jack. I'd hate for him to be an only child. But the thought of starting this whole pregnancy process again is really daunting. We'll leave it a couple of years before we try again I think. What will be will be...

Jack is having a nap, so I'm going to try to catch 40 winks before he wakes up, never know when I might get another chance!

:hugs:

Awww ladies some of these posts made me cry.

I miss having her insider and hiccuping and kicking and hearing her heartbeat on the doppler.

But I love being able to move freely and for some reason all pregnancy I couldn't stand the idea of intimacy. So half those hormones have gone. DH and I kiss and cuddle every night now - I can't wait for my bleeding to stop!

I have also learnt that her outside hiccups are even cuter than when she was in my belly. And putting my head on her chest and hearing her heartbeat is so magical.

We're going to have at least one more - but want a big gap so not for 5 years or so.

To be honest I can't believe my luck that I have Leo... he made it and he is healthy and perfect! I don't know if I am brave enough to risk my luck ever again... I couldn't go through more m/cs... 6 over 13 years was far too many for far too long to bear...

I do NOT miss pregnancy. Not at all. I hated him kicking me and not being able to comfort him or get him to stop. I hated not being able to breathe, feeling exhausted, not being able to go up a flight of stairs, and not being able to walk faster than a snail's pace because I'd get BH. I hated not being able to workout or lift things. I was basically incapable while pregnant and I hated it.
I LOVE being able to cuddle, and hear his sounds, and tickle his feet and stroke his hair. I LOVE baby smell. Mmmmmmm. I love SEEING him grow. Seeing outfits that don't fit, diapers that are too big and suddenly too small. Pregnancy versus newborn? Newborn wins for me hands down, don't miss it at all! :)

Definitely a whole new set of worries! It just doesn't stop does it?!? I had a dream I was pregnant again. Crazy! We probably won't prevent but after 13 years of marriage I have not gotten pregnant once without an RE. That and I'd be scared to death of losing it. It's best we just stop here.

Here here Mighty!! Agree with everything you said... except for working out, I am far too lazy for that! :haha:
But definitely give me baby over pregnancy any day, even if I do look like a zombie at the moment.
♥

I have to say I did love being pregnant, apart from the last couple of weeks. I didn't enjoy what we had to go through to get our gorgeous little boy though; I only had one loss, but I don't want to go through that again. So yeah I'm in the baby on the outside rather than the inside camp. I love interacting with him and being able to cuddle him. I'm also loving being a normal size again and I can't wait for two weeks time when I'm allowed to start exercising again. Oh and I got my stitches out yesterday. You can already barely see where the scar is and it's soooo low down, bikini's aren't going to be an issue later on. It's literally just above my pubic bone and I have no idea how they got the baby out that low down.

:hugs::hugs: to everyone.

We are thinking of one more probably when Xavier is between 18 mos and 2 years. I am so afraid to start ttc as we had so many problems. Not sure if we are pushing our luck. I think if we do go for the last it will be more of a ntnp as opposed to actively trying. I'm hoping since they found out I have hypothyroidism I won't have anymore losses.

The worries never end. I worry about my older one in school, my middle one when he sleeps and if he's getting enough attention and the baby about pretty much everything lol. I don't think it stops when they turn 18 either bc I can't imagine not worrying about my kids lol.

How are all you ladies doing with your babies? Isn't it amazing that we worried for so long and after so many losses we are now holding our little miracles?

Hugs to all of you <3

B did great the first week and now the last 3 days has been screaming and won't sleep a block. :( It's wearing on me and dh goes back to work Monday. I don't know what to do. I can't pinpoint what is wrong if anything.

We gave in and bought a pacifier, it's a godsend! Also our little man doesn't burp very easily but my godfather, who's an OB, showed me a trick. Stand up holding baby vertically to you & supporting the head. Slowly bend forward at the waist still holding baby close so baby is more or less perpendicular to the floor, and then stand up straight again. Doing that 3 or 4 times seems to dislodge the gas bubbles and we've gotten some amazing grown up sounding belches out of him. lol Hope that made sense.
:hugs::hugs:

Thanks for the tip! I get more burps rubbing DS's back than pounding his back but I'm definitely going to try that!

We ended up in the ER thursday. I called the after hours and they said to get him evaluated. They found nothing. He hasn't done it since thank goodness. He was way overtired and then the crying probably caused tons of gas. I gave him gas drops and he slept pretty good from exhaustion that night.

How are things now Iluv? :hugs:

our little guy's been suffering from reflux pretty badly the last few days. We've angled his mattress up tonight & it seems to be helping a bit so far. I'm so paranoid at might that m going to miss him spitting up and choking on it.

Hope everyone's doing ok. :hugs:

He's okay! :) I'm on my own tonight for the first time. DH's vacation ran out. I'm a nervous wreck. Man I hate anxiety!

You'll do great hun. I did my first night on my own as well & it was a lot easier than I thought, though mainly because the wee man was a complete angel that night. Not looking forward to when hubby goes back to work.

Manu: Don't worry about lil man choking on spitup. There is something very magical about how babies are made, they have the most robust system to keep stuff out of their lungs. Because they spit up so often, they have a very good cough reflex. It is very rare for them to choke (until they are given solids, and even then babies are made to cough up stuff). Don't panic or worry about him spitting up, the worst part of that will be doing the laundry. Lil man will be fine. :)

ILuv: I hope tonight goes okay for you!

We're doing okay here. Got a three week checkup today, Colton is 90% in height and weight. Pede was like "What do you have in your breastmilk??" LOL He was impressed with his weight gain so far. Everything else checked out okay, yay! Last night was hard though, I swaddled Colton up but he REALLY didn't like that. He lay next to me crying for 10 or 15 minutes before he finally went to sleep. It's the first time he's had difficulty going to sleep, I felt bad for him AND me!

Horrible night of no sleep! DH swears he sleeps for him. I'm thinking he lets him cry it out a bit and that's why. B knows I'll just go get him. ;) We have a weight check on Friday to make sure he's past birth weight. As much as he eats, I'd be shocked if he wasn't. Glad to hear everyone is doing well! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->