May 2017 Testers - 59 Mother's Day Hopefuls & 14 BFPs so far

I get that totally Belle. My plans don't change much whether kids are had or not. Things like going to the movies and such are tougher, but overall my life is boring, my homesteading wouldn't change and my exercise and such won't stop when pregnant or having a babe.

Bloblo I think at 9 dpo you're better off waiting a couple more days to test. If you get a negative you won't believe it anyway as it's too early, and if you get a positive it will be a super squinter and you will be worrying if you just have line eye or not. Ultimately testing now isn't going to give you the answer you want to know.

I hate to say it, but I have had lots and lots of bfp dreams during the last 1.5 yrs TTC and they haven't amounted to much. I think for me they're just bittersweet wish fulfillment dreams. I've stopped having them and I think it's because part of me has stopped believing it could happen for us.

You are right... testing early is stupid :blush:
For sure wishfulfillment is a strong possibility. I was supposed to be finished with my first trimester now :cry:
I do feel really good though - even if i am not pregnant this cycle, it will be ok :thumbup:

Ya that's fair, it sounds like you are pretty set cp. Maybe it's the phase of life I'm in right now too. The decisions I make now really will impact how the rest of my life will go.

As it stands I have a good chance of being able to have kids eventually. I think it's around 80% of those with unexplained go on to have children with or without treatment. It's just that I was already in the 15% who didn't conceive the first year, and I never thought that would happen. So I recognize now there is a chance I could be in that small subset of people who don't ever conceive.

I guess I just don't know what will happen, just like any other person won't know what will happen. It just sucks because with something like kids you go your whole life expecting that you will one day have kids, and one day have grandkids. I'm having to rethink the entire trajectory of my life and what I want out of it all. Which if you think of it, is a pretty incredibly privileged way of thinking about the future. I know I've been lucky, and here I am hoping for more.

Belle it will happen for you! I know it. And you CP.
You both deserve it!
It took me since Dec 2015 to conceive and after all the tests etc I was almost ready to give up... Last month we used nothing, no preseed, no softcups etc because I simply didn't think it would help or happen anyway... And here I am 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant.

Petrified something is going to go wrong though....

I shall be continuing to follow you both until you get those BFPs, I hope it happens soon ladies!

I dreamt of a bfp last night. Plus I've been having crazy graphic dreams for 2 nights now (haven't had that ever except for a few days before my previous bfp).
Im considering testing this afternoon on a 3hr hold (9dpo)... should I?

I'm 9dpo. I gave in and tested!!!! I had 1 test sitting in the closet from last month and it was POSITIVE! IM SO EXCITED! 9 months later and I'm finally gonna have my last little baby! Oh little baby I already love you so much. 9 months doesn't seem so long now. I was in the verge of making a lady appointment too!

I actually think it is quite silly to test earlier then your missed period, especially now because I've always tested early thinking it won't do no harm and always been negative until now on my last cycle, I got a clear positive at 8dpo even the doctor agreed it was positive but then in the days that followed as you do I did more tests and got all negatives and turns out to be a chemical pregnancy so from now on I will never ever test early, well maybe a day because my LP is 15/16 days
But because I've been trying so so long I felt like I had finally done it when I see that + that I felt like I lost something that technically I never had in the first place as if I hadn't been impatient and test early I would never have known it was a failed implantation

I get that totally Belle. My plans don't change much whether kids are had or not. Things like going to the movies and such are tougher, but overall my life is boring, my homesteading wouldn't change and my exercise and such won't stop when pregnant or having a babe.
You will get there soon :)

AFM I think I finally got my LH surge
Today at 6am that's the darkest I've ever got on an OV stick in my whole time trying but I've always stopped testing once EWCM comes and because I'm using a donor there was no point, but this cycle I have kept on going just in case for some reason, and boom EWCM started yesterday so I called my donor over again to visit today so I'm hoping this is my month
And OPK is lighter twice since even after holding pee so I hope I ovulate tonight or tomorrow
The line is not quite as dark as control line but as good as I think, it's darker here then in the picture though
Let me know :)

Attachments

• IMG_1180.jpg
    IMG_1180.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 11
I did another OPK today (CD12) and it was positive! I BD on CD7, CD10,CD,11... hoping to get 3 or 4 more BD in...

Thanks London, statistically about 50% of unexplained people will get pregnant from 12 to 24 months of ttc with or without treatment. So it does happen. Its just that you don't know which group you're going to fall into when you're in the midst of trying.

Bloblo I do hope you get your bfp and that it will be a sticky one. Those milestone "anniversaries" are tough.

I agree Pixie I don't test early either unless there is a specific reason why I would need to (a big event with alcohol for example). I think it causes me more heartbreak and frustration than anything.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Belle!

I totally agree with the testing too. I never tested early. Getting AF always seemed less painless than seeing a BFN. I tested the day AF was due and got a BFN, day after AF a squinter on an IC.... Wasn't till I was 2 days late that I got a proper line on an FRER.

I was just thinking about adoption tonight and asking myself how long I will try conceiving before I adopt. I am thinking at this point that 36 is the age. I am almost 34 now so I will give it another 2 years or so. God willing I would like kids whether I can have them myself or not.

I tested yesterday BFN. I'm pretty sure I'm out, no symptoms at all. AF due Tuesday.
Might test again tomorrow but I have no hope for this cycle.

Got my BFP today at 13 dpo!
I'm really happy, but scared at the same time: two pregnancies so far which ended in two MCs. Hopefully this time I can hold a healthy baby in my arms

I'm really happy, but scared at the same time: two pregnancies so far which ended in two MCs. Hopefully this time I can hold a healthy baby in my arms

Congratulations! I really hope that for you too xx

Congratulations nilaut, try not stressing to much, hope this is a stick bean for you . Happy&healthy 9 months

Hi ladies hope you are all well today.

I'm going crazy today been symptom spotting this cycle and had load to spot, but today @ 13dpo all symptoms have gone? I'm so tempted to test but trying to hold off. I did have 1 small amount of naussea when I woke but it quickly vanished..

Congratulations nilaut, try not stressing to much, hope this is a stick bean for you . Happy&healthy 9 months

I'll try not to stress to much, but it'll be difficult. Luckily sommer not far and so there is lots to do outside. :dance:

Awaiting AF today (or tomorrow or the day after) My cycles are so unpredictable, but usually 31 days long. Still bloated. Boobs feel a teeny bit better today. Was sore last night though. CP was really indicating that AF is on her way this whole time, but today feels softer and moved up to medium. Duting my only other pregnancy my CP stayed pre-AF until about 2months into my pregnancy. This feels like the longest cycle ever! Still feeling positive. (The I know I might be wrong-kind of positive, but positive). Last cycle was 13 April. So exactly 31 days ago... Ready for whatever happens.

Good luck to all the ladies still going to test this month! Wishing you all get your P+

Sorry about all the BFNs girls
Maybe next month, stay positive :hugs:

Congratulations, try not to think of the your previous MCs as that may make you stressed, I know it's hard not to, but I really hope it's a sticky bean this time :)

As for me I'm on CD21 and only just received my FIRST high on the CBFM advanced after 14 days of lows(my first month using a monitor again) i was starting to lose hope and as there's only 5 test left for the monitor I'm hoping to get peak pretty soon
so none of my OPK could have been positive yet but they are getting pretty dark
So guess I'll be testing around the 29th or 30th now instead of the 24th(which is good because payday not until 25th)
Donor visited yesterday and is revisiting tomorrow
I really hope this is my month and year :flower:
Feeling hopeful now as wasn't sure if I was going to even ovulate this month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back