*** May Babies ***

well i have this: An employee’s OML will start at the earliest of:
• the date she has notified the company that she intends it to start (see
above);
• the first day after the fourth week before her EWC on which she is
absent
from work, wholly or partly because of pregnancy/ pregnancy related
illness;

so presumably that means that they can't make me leave before 36 weeks :)

certainly sounds like it :happydance: here it's crap, u go off sick with spd 4 instance and it'll be taken off your mat leave. so u have 2 ask dr 2 sign u off with somethin else! madness!!!

I think we should start a new list with our due date, bump flavour and when we start our mat leave. I am so excited about my mat leave and I still have ages, I stop the 23rd April when I'll be nearly 38 weeks!

2 long b4 mat leave 4 me! 3 months still!!! i start on 26th april when i will be 38wks

I start maternity leave after 33 more weekdays- I've got 3 days AL to take too! I'll be sooo glad to finish, and I did my good turn of the day this afternoon- a girl I went to school with works in the same office as me. Her contract finishes March 31st, but she really loves her job and wants to stay. Mine runs until December 31st but I'm finishing on March 12th- I went to the boss and asked about Sian taking over my contract, he said yes :happydance:

well done on your good deed katie! wish i was finishing that early! cant afford it tho! grrr

well im now full full full with a tiny bit of room for an egg custard :) we went to table table and i had a 6oz minute steak burger with salad, oh it filled me up a treat, then i popped to sainsburys and got an egg custard to have with a brew now.

im so glad i dont have to worry about maternity leave, i was rather lucky last time, i was due early/mid november but had loads of holidays to take, i think it was like 5 weeks and 2 days so i finished the middle of august and the maternity leave started after that the 5 weeks and 2 days, i already planned to take the full year maternity leave they allowed you and to be honest i knew i wouldnt be going back if i could help it, the place was going down hill.

good news on the benefit malpal! i wondered if id qualify but dont think we will, we are on the normal family element at the mo and i doubt we would be eligble for the higher rate.

I can't really either. But I just really really really beyond hate my job! :lol:

i need to say this...my boobs are getting in my way!!!! im sat here with one of those lap trays on the sofa colouring in with soph and my boobs are getting in my way, ive also got my egg custard on it and i cant reach it properly to have it over the plate cos my belly is in the way! think its getting time to make my bump my tray

Hi girls, not been on this thread for a while. It takes me so long to read through everyones journal and my own.

I'm with you girls - can't wait to go on maternity leave :haha: seriously, I am on countdown already and I don't have long to go as leaving at Easter, working up till the holiday but don't go back after :yipee:

Macaroni cheese tonight to continue the food discussion :haha:

Oh Jolou - hope they are not too sore too your big boobies xxx

nice to see u widger! and today they have been fine but can bet ya life on it when i goto bed they will be sore and i wont be able to get comfy.. poor mark gets told of for even moving in bed if it means my boobs are slightly touched lol

good evening guys. i would like to leave work now please? and i still want a hot cross bun :D

i am going on maternity leave at the end of april, due at the end of may. mat leave to start mid-may methinks. i have holiday to use up but if i use it all then i'll be off work for ages before my due date and i would rather be paid the cash at crimbo for any i don't use...

abz xx

Hi Ladies,

Quorn sausages, baked beans, fried egg and mushrooms for me Mmmmmm!

I am mulling over dates for mat leave at the moment. I have quite a lot of holiday to use up so I think I will start my mat leave on my due date and use 4 weeks holiday before hand. That way I will leave when I am 36w and have the whole of May off :mrgreen:

Oh Cactusgirl - your post from this morning made me laugh so hard :rofl: Try not to worry about the pain of labour - our ancestors have been having babies for millenia and our bodies are built to do this and if it all gets too much theres always an epidural ;)

We are still in clear-out/re-organise mode in our house - we WILL get there!

I hope to have the nursery more-or-less done by the start of March but to be fair there is not an awful lot to do - it is really more putting things away once we have some storage (cue ikea visit 20/02/10 :mrgreen: ) and making it look pretty. Rather than re-decorate or have a mural/wall stickers we have decided to put up pictures made by different family members and friends. So far my nieces are painting a rather magnificent dragon battle on a big canvas and my Mum has copies of some picturesI drew when I was little which are really cute.

Like Logansmama I had issues with my groin :blush: I have had a dull ache to the left of my pubic bone that has come and gone for a week or so. I did loads of walking on saturday and OH MY GOODNESS it went from a dull ache to feeling like someone is trying to rip my leg off! I have been taking it easy since saturday which has helped alongside keeping my legs and knees together as much as possible -hopefully it will clear up soon.

Have a good evening everyone :hugs:

Wow ladies - you have all been busy discussing (mainly food) today!!! I had a beef and pasta casserole for dinner made by DH and am waiting for my hot choc pudding to be ready in a few minutes for desert!!
As for mat leave - am I the only one still enjoying work and not looking forward to leaving???!!! My mat leave starts on my due date - 1oth May and for me it seems too soon!!! I am weird huh???!!!!!!!
Hope you are all having a good evening xxx

Wow ladies - you have all been busy discussing (mainly food) today!!! I had a beef and pasta casserole for dinner made by DH and am waiting for my hot choc pudding to be ready in a few minutes for desert!!
As for mat leave - am I the only one still enjoying work and not looking forward to leaving???!!! My mat leave starts on my due date - 1oth May and for me it seems too soon!!! I am weird huh???!!!!!!!
Hope you are all having a good evening xxx

i have been having them for a while now. started off as if i'd strained muscles. now i'm just damned uncomfortable all the time and when at work and have to sit in the same position for 10 hours i feel like i'm walking like i've wet myself as it really hurts when i move my legs much :(

abz xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->