*** May Babies ***

Go out go out go out. I don't know what you have in Prestatyn, but I'd put good money on there being a pub that does nice food.. that's really what I feel like tonight, but I'm up to my limit on my overdraft and don't get paid until Friday :(
All this talk of food is depressing, and I'd like a McDonalds Coke (I know, what a crank! It's just better than Coke out a can!). Maybe some sweet n sour sauce too? And chicken nuggets.. mm. Can you tell I'm skint and have had to make do with boring sandwiches for lunch :lol:

aye there is some nice pubs around, we got table table that i might take sophie to, theres also a place called the clwydian its a bit like a weatherspoons, cheap meals but taste ok, we went there on saturday night for a meal and sophie had a kids sausage and mash, a drink and ice cream for 4.50, normally kids meals are small, this was like an adults size or at least a light bite size!

well i have chicken dinner leftovers from last night but am waiting to eat them since i'm here so late. i just have bread and jam for toast other than that so don't want to eat the dinner too early and end up with jam sarnies for tea :D

ohh chicken dinner
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i know what im doing tomorrow, its salmon with chili and corriander paste ontop that i do myself, home made potato wedges with black pepper spinkled ontop and some roasted aubergines, courgette, sweet pepper and red onion, i cook them in balsamic vinegar and loveeee it

I just went in the staff room and one of the advisers shared his shortbread with me.. No luck on finding a cup of tea though, everyone here drinks coffee! I've ran out of teabags and milk since I only bring in enough for 5 cups- I usually only have one in the morning but yesterday the heating was broken so I was drinking tea all day to stay warm :dohh:

oh no katie. no tea!! well i'm tucking into my chicken dinner. jolou, that meal sounds amazing!!

i dont think id cope with no tea!

mmm that meal is, only takes a couple of min to prepare then how ever long the veg and potatoes take, i usually have it all done in 40 min, i had a craving for the veggies a couple of weeks back and have it now too

yeah. i have veg days. i totally have a thing for gravy though. i mean, i usually love the stuff anyways, but i want it all the time now and have to make food to go with it, ha.

really thirsty at the mo actually... water...

mmm all the talk of food is making me hungry! making sweet and sour chicken with rice 4 2night. waiting 4 the 1st of the viewings of r flat 2 show up. late. i hope it's not a no show like yesterday or i shall be FUMING! the 2nd 1 is at 7pm so i warned them that the kids would be in the bath or having their supper! hope it doesnt put a potential buyer off!!! DH is depressed as is still waiting 4 a job offer. he turned 1 down yesterday as the place was crap. he went 2 see it and there were boarded up businesses everywhere and nowhere close 2 even get a sandwich or a cup of coffee. we r keeping our fingers crossed that he gets this other 1 which is in a much nicer area and closer 2 the flat we have found in leeds.

I have a weird craving for smash and meatballs out a tin! I make Vinny get me them nearly every night :lol: :blush: I want things with loads of salt (like KFC!), really gone off sweet stuff - except certain moments when I'm like MM CHOCOLATE MM ICE CREAM MM SUGAR!
Hope the viewing goes well tonight maybebaby!

Thanks guys, now I called OH and asked him to bring chicken although I made lasagne on Sunday :wacko:

I'm back to talk food again!!!!!
We're having homemade beefburgers, homemade chips and salad.... move over nigella!!!!
Obvioulsly i'm having veggie burgers being a veggie, but still good!

Abz... think the sick/mat leave may vary then from employer to employer. My mat policy says that the earliest i can be made to go onto mat leave if i'm on sick leave is 36 weeks. I checked last week with my HR dept to clarify as like you didn't want to be made to start my mat leave at 29 weeks. So i have been signed off until 34 weeks, then i have 2 weeks hols to take, so my mat leave will officially start at 36 weeks. Obvioulsy if the babies come before then it will automatically start.

Have also just found out that once the babies are here i may qualify for the sure start grant, for which is payable for each baby. That would be £1000! I can't claim it now as i'm not on any benefits, but when the babies are here i will automatically be getting the family tax credit at the higher rate as i'll have 2 babies under 1 and another child. Meaning that i will be eligable! Didn't believe it at first but have had a call back from the benefits people saying that i will. Am just getting the forms all ready to send off when the babies are here, as i'm sure that will be the last thing on my mind!

xxx

great news on the benefit malpal! with 3 under 2 u will need all the help u can get, i'm worrying about 3 under 5! not sure what i will be entitled 2 when we move 2 the uk. i wont be working at least 4 a while as childcare is so expensive! here my mum looks after the kids whilst i work. god i'm going 2 miss her!!!

had the 1st viewing just now. the woman was in her 40's and seemed impressed (we spent over £20,000 on kitchen, floor, doors and bathroom 3yrs ago so it is all in good nick) let's see what the next people think!

glad the viewing went well hon :) good luck for the next lot :)

great news about the grant malpal. i really need to get on and get my forms and things sorted to hand in to HR. I will have a look at our maternity policy. i could be wrong about maternity leave starting early if i'm off sick, but i don't know where i would have gotten the information from if not here :S maybe someone just told me. i'll look into it anyway, thanks. but i'm back at work. i haven't been off on extended sickness. i'm just worried that with my hips hurting so much i may have problems towards the end. especially if it does turn out to be spd.

abz xx

abz - if we get a sick note saying anything pregnancy related then they take it off your maternity leave. i dont know if it is the same 4 u.

goodness ladies all this talk of food is driving me nuts!!!

Think we are having left over sausage casserole tonight!!

Malpal great news on the grant!!

Maybebaby - that sounds positive on the 1st viewing. And good luck for the 2nd. Maybe they will get into a bidding war!!

i don't think they can take it off your maternity leave can they? i've never heard that before so it might not be here. in fact i'm pretty sure that if it's pregnancy related then here it can't be counted against you if you have a high absence rate. just the non-pregnancy absences... i'm going to go and read it all again now, ha.

abz xx

haha that'd be great cactusgirl! we have greatly reduced the price 4 a quick sale. it's £10,000-20,000 less than most properties in this development and done up 2 high standard so fingers crossed!

well i have this: An employee’s OML will start at the earliest of:
• the date she has notified the company that she intends it to start (see
above);
• the first day after the fourth week before her EWC on which she is
absent
from work, wholly or partly because of pregnancy/ pregnancy related
illness;

so presumably that means that they can't make me leave before 36 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->