*** May Babies ***

Pixie81

Mummy to Oliver & Amelia
Reaction score
I thought I would start a May Babies thread on the Second Trimester Forum as I can't seem to find one on here already.

I'm due 1st May. Look forward to seeing all you lovely may ladies coming over here in the next few weeks. :happydance:x

Hi Pixie! I'm here with you too! We are both due May 1! Cool. Is this your first? This is my second. Wonder which one of us will pop first??

This is my second too, although my son is almost 10, so looooong time since I was last pregnant. I don't remember much from last time so it feels like a whole new experience! Lol.

How long was your last labour?

thought id stop by and say hello, il be here on wednesday! woop woop

Last time around I was in labor for 18 hours and ended up with a c-section, as I never dilated past 2 cm. I am hoping for a vbac this time though!

Nice to meet you all ladies. my last labour lasted 4 days! I went into hospital and was told I was 3cm dilated so they left me in overnight. However by the morning I hadn't progressed so they sent me home. A few days later I was in agony. I went back to the hospital and was monitored and then they broke my waters for me. After that the labour started properly and I gave birth 9 hours and 46 minutes later!! I only used a TENS machine for pain relief and was surprised by how easy it was!

I'm hoping for a faster delivery this time and hope to use a TENS again at the beginning and a water birth later on for the actual birth.

Pixie - WOW! That is an amazing birth story! You are lucky that things went so well for you... (I mean besides the long wait to get really going!). I am impressed by the lack of meds! What is a tens machine? I've heard of em, but don't know much about em. I would LOVE to be able to go without major drugs - especially the epidural which FREAKS ME OUT... but I am such a wuss. Once the pain kicks in, I know I'll be begging for it, no matter how much I DON'T WANT IT! LOL!

My problem was that my water broke on its own - WAY EARLY ON - but I never went past 2 cm! They gave me the pitocin, but that didn't help. I have heard that pitocin doesn't work well though - unless you are past 4 cm already!
Actually - my water didn't REALLY break on its own ... my doc had stripped my membranes the afternoon before. I think thats what caused me to rupture before my body was fully ready....

This time I just want to be LEFT ALONE to go into labor all by myself! Then I want to stay home as long as I can stand it before I go to the hospital.

Time will tell.

Does 2nd tri start at 13w? If so, I'll know tomorrow what day this week I'll be moving lol

I think it starts at 13 weeks, yes Shawnie.

Logans mama, a TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) machine is a little machine which is attached by tiny wires to 4 sticky pads that stick on your back. When you have a contraction, you turn the little dial up however's comfortable for you. It delivers small electrical pulses which are sent to your nervous system where your brain sends out natural endorphins to block the pain. It feels a little bit like pins and needles, but doesn't hurt at all (unless you do what my mum did and turn it right up to the maximum by mistake!!) Lol. I highly recommend them. I have heard though that they are only helpful if you start using them straight away when you first start getting contractions. Also you can't use them in water for obvious reasons, so you can't use them in a birthing pool.

You can hire them from most places. I hired mine from boots for about £25 for 4 weeks. I'm definately using one this time.

xxx

yea shawnie according to alllllll the books it starts at 13 weeks :) which will be me tomorrow!!

YEY may babies in 2nd tri :happydance: i know ive still got a a few weeks till i move to 2nd tri but i feel so much closer now theres a may babies thread here :flower: (im due may 27th) cant wait to move over here lol

Hey pixie im here with ya due May 2nd :)

Good to see so many May Mummies-to be here! Hows everyone feeling today?
I have been feeling really hormonal the past few days. I just want to cry for no reason! Last night I was so tired that it made me cry! I felt so much better after i'd let it all out though and my DH gave me a big cuddle (I think he was secretly laughing at me too! Lol).

I have the Pregnancy Bible and it says that around week 13 you will notice hormonal changes. Sounds like i'm right on cue! Anyone else feel like this?

Ooooh, LogansMama, just realised you're from South Florida, so you won't have a Boots where you are to hire a TENS. I am sure they must have TENS in the states though. I envy you so much. My DH and I took my son to Florida for our Honeymoon in June! It was amazing! I really miss the heat and the sunshine :-(

Yes we have TENS here. I have a few friends on them (non pregnant related) I have a set a friend gave me and tried them once for muscle pains, they take a long while to get used to, or at least for me they did. I never use it. I find out today if I move over to 2nd tri tomorrow or or sat! Yay!

Do you have your scan today Shawnie? Hope it goes OK! Keep us posted! xxx

Thank you Pixie, I sure will...Yep my NT scan, I was told they would be dating me for sure today along with other things.

oh good luck then shawnie!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->