*** May Babies ***

ok I'm going to sound really stupid now....what is this HIP thing? i thought it was something to do with selling your house? :dohh: xx

oh my word. lots to catch up on.

shawnie honey. hope your little one stays where she is for a wee while longer :)

good afternoon. i feel like poop. had a horrific night last night. woke up with the most horrible pains in my tummy. had to stop myself from going into a mad panic. they passed after a couple of minutes but damn it hurt. bump has been kicking me all last night and through this morning and i'm getting the odd nudge right now, so she must be ok? but i got so scared. i don't know whether it was BH, as i don't know what they feel like, hip and pelvic pain, as it was lower down that the pain was, or whether little bump had got herself wedged somewhere and shoved. with such a sore pelvis that's kind of how it felt? anyways. i'm a bit of a nervous wreck today as a result. and working to 11pm again!!

but, i did buy some hot cross buns on the way into work. i just feel too sick to eat them. think bump may have shoved herself up higher as my stomach keeps rolling over, bleurgh.

abz xx

ok I'm going to sound really stupid now....what is this HIP thing? i thought it was something to do with selling your house? :dohh: xx

I hope not :( Thats not gonna be helpful at this point in time :D Its a health in pregnancy grant hun. You get a £190 payment which is supposed to be to put towards healthy eating during pregnancy. I think everyone is entitled to it but im not sure. Its available from 26 weeks and i believe u need a mat1 form or something like that from your midwife. She will probably ask you about it at your 22 week app, if not ask her. Im not actually sure where we get the forms to apply for it, i have the mat1 form, but arent really sure how i go about claiming it. Ask your midwife she will be able to explain all x

Thanks Scampie :) I think i've got my MATB1 form, althought it seemed to be a card rather than a form :S I'm a bit behind with all this becasue I've only seen consultants up till now. Got a MW appt this afternoon (first one with her since my booking appt!) so I'll make sure I add that to the massive list of questions I've got :happydance: xx

You get the form from your midwife at 25 weeks, she signs a form a bit like the tax credit one, you have 31 days to send it off from the date she signs it. You dont need a matb1 for it, at least I Hope not as she didn't give me one lol. Every pregnant woman gets it providing they live in uk. It can be used to keep yourself healthy during pregnancy or to go towards buying things for baby :) hope that helps.

EDIT: just remembered when i got home i dont need a matb1 as i dont work lol

ergh i feel like crap today, still light headed and not quite with it, and now i have all over tummy ache :( i blame it on January blues i think lol

I feel horrible today as well really tired and generally down in the dumps. Just waiting for a hot chocolate! x

i keep getting little cramps in my lower tummy (feels like ligament pains or something) and i am so so tired after the debacle in the middle of the night. i may have to caffeinate if i'm going to last here until 11pm!! can't believe i have only been here 3 hours. feels like it's been an age!!

abz xx

just got my first kick in the ribs :D or punch. since i'm still being kicked in my lower tummy, and my ribs, and i doubt the wee blighter can move that fast, she's obviously stretched herself right out!!

abz xx

i'm in so much pain with my ribs. it is awful when i am playing the piano, which is crap as i am a music teacher mainly!!! lol!

shawnie - hope LO stays put 4 a few good weeks more at least!

abz - i have had pains 2. i thought i was going in2 premature labour as they were coming and going like contractions, they felt like period pains and i was starting 2 get worried!! rest up!

well no word from estate agents about offers on our flat which is crap but on the upside DH got a good job offer 2day from the firm he wanted :happydance: so at least we have money sorted, tho is going 2 b strange managing on 1 pay after having 2!

yay grats for hubby maybebaby :)

looks like we all feeling down in dumps and aching today lol

so glad your hubby got his job sorted. that's one weight off your mind :) and you might hear from the estate agents yet. they might be working out an offer.

am glad other people have had pains. i honestly thought i might be going into labour as it hurt. i wasn't expecting BH to be painful, and i can only think that's what it was. but it may not have been. who knows.... at least bump has moved around a lot today so i know she's ok. but i'm going to be on tenterhooks for ages now. i just know it. i see my mw on the 5th so hopefully after that when i've heard her heartbeat again i'll feel better :)

am just eating a rather large bowl of custard. haven't fancied those hot cross buns!!

abz xx

aww bless ... i think i felt a high kick the other day but she goes from really high to really low so fast!

haha my OH just text me saying he is tired and not had much sleep the last few weeks and me being pregnant is getting the blame! cheeky sod apparently he read that both the lady and her partner get less sleep as she gets further along...funny he seems to be snoring when im tosing and turning lol he has now told me to look into these maternity pillows cos im taking the covers away to proper my leg up....

ha. my friend gave me one of those. i call it 'the sausage' and it has revolutionised my comfort when sleeping. even if it just ends up being used as another comfy pillow. ha. but usually i have it under my head and between my knees. or when i'm leaning over from my side to my front it's great for putting one arm and one leg over, so i kind of feel like i'm sleeping on my tummy, but i'm not :)

abz xx

i think thats what im missing, ive found msyelf rolling over and waking myself up when i do cos its not comfy. hmmmm if he is williing to buy one i aint gonna complain, ive seen one on ebay that can be used as long pillow across the bed later or maybe for sophie to use

i think they usually cost about £30. i was lucky in that she didn't need hers any more. i love it :)

My oh bought me a dream geni pillow to try and get some sleep at night ... now he finds he keeps running out of room on the bed! Well there are two of me and only one of him!

i'm just glad that since we moved the bed, OH is next to the wall or i'm sure he'd fall out of bed on a fiarly regular basis!! ha. it was a necessity as i kept having to clamber over him to get out the bed and go to the loo in the middle of the night. not good!!

abz xx

I thought you were having a boy abz! I saw on facebook you'd decided to call him Ethan!
Urgh can't believe it's only Wednesday, this week is dragging so bad, think it's because I'm waiting for payday! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->