*** May Babies ***

Yes I agree a lot of the comments have been nasty in that thread. But in their defense, I cannot see how any person with common sense wouldnt realise it is animal abuse on a high scale both mentally and physically (this being written with the risk of getting all you ladies against me...).

Ah well its closed now. Hopefully the OP will make a balanced and sensible decision with the info that was given.

whats all this about yogurt and salt & vinegar crisps?
We are all foodies on this thread lol

Mmm chicken pasta Hope&Faith that sounds lovely.

You know there is not nearly enough talk about food on the third tri May Babies thread :haha: thats why I keep coming back here :winkwink: Not sure how long we can get away with posting about May Babies on the 2nd tri boards though! I suppose we could always speak to a mod about re-naming and moving it to a group section of the forum?

ha. maybe that would be a good idea :D may babies foody thread :D

well i'm getting chinese for dinner. chicken and mushroom with boiled rice :) after all my intentions of a healthy dinner. i suppose i could be getting a much worse chinese. ha. ah well :) i got lots of birthday money from thomas's folks and it's obviously for the baby fund. but i'm sick of being given things for the baby when they are supposed to be for me. i mean, i love them. don't get me wrong. but thomas didn't get a gazillion christmas presents that were all baby things. he got things for himself. i got loads of things for my tummy. ha. does anyone else find this? like i said. i love all the things i've been given for bump, but they aren't for me. everyone said 'ooh, enjoy this birthday, and enjoy this christmas. it will be the last one where you get anything for yourself...' turns out that was actually last year :D

so although i am putting the majority of the money in the baby fund, i decided i wasn't going to feel guilty about buying myself a chinese out of it too, hee.

abz xx

all this talk of food has made me hungry its been at least 30 mins since my last feed!! Im now munching on Garners Pickled Onions!! Yummm they are the best pickles ever!

well i had to change my food plan as suddenly i felt poorly again but managed some toast and now i fancy some chocolate! mm yummy! My psychology essay is done! Right back to transcripting this interview before one born every minute!

ah. so that's where you all are :D

well my chinese was lovely :D

congrats on the essay hope :)

and remember. i need the one born every minute goss. ha.

i'm off to bed now. hoping i manage to get to sleep before midnight tonight. have to get up at six and it's getting harder and harder to do.

abz xx

One Born Every Minute was a bit rubbish tonight in my opinion! Although I did shed a little tear when Joy's baby was finally born! Hmm I've missed all the food talk, not good! I really really feel like chips and gravy..

I officially talk too much, that was my 2500th post!

and does anyone with an iPhone/iPhone loving OH play Doodle Jump?! THE most addictive thing in the world..

good morning chaps. katie!! the first thing i read about this morning is chips and gravy!! how could you!! now i want them :D

mmm food talk already! I love it! I just had some coco pops for breakfast, just deciding what to do today, there is a tree planting in my grandads memory tomorrow but not sure whether to go to my mums today and spend an extra day as its going to be as easy to do it once LO is here. hmm what to do!

I actually managed to get some sleep again last night which was nice! Hope everyone is ok x x x

Morning Girls,

I am starting the day with some banana and blueberries topped with natural yoghurt and a spot of honey. I always start the day so well - it is just the naughty stuff I eat in the afternoon and evening that is my undoing!

However, when I was sorting out some clothes for washing this morning I got out my regular jeans and out of curiosity put them on. They still fit over my hips and do up :shock: OK they are tight and I would not want to sit down in them :haha: but it does give me hope about being able to fit back into them again at some point.

Congratulations on finishing the essay Hope&Faith and also on the good nights sleep :thumbup:

My hips still feel like my pelvis is on fire whilst being ripped apart :wacko: but I spoke to my MW yesterday and have an appt with the physio on Monday so hopefully they may be able to do something to help me out. In the meantime though I think I am starting to adjust to the broken nights of very little sleep which will be useful for when LO arrives :winkwink:

Abz, I totally know what you mean about presents. As we did not tell many family or friends about LO until right before Christmas most of them had already bought presents. However my Mum is a last minute shopper and got me a lovely teddy bear, it has one of the bean bags you can warm up in the microwave and put back in the bear's tummy so you are cuddling a warm bear, and a book to help you teach your baby to speak. They are lovely gifts and very much appreciated, but were more a present for the LO than me I think. It is my birthday in a few weeks and I have been dropping hints all over the place about some cd's I have been hankering after for a while.

Oooh - good news! I got my pay review letter for this year today. Now admittedly my annual payrise is only a mere £63.50 (works out about an extra £4 a month net in my pocket), however I did get a bonus of a few hundred pounds :thumbup: It has made me very happy as the bonus will pay for 2/3 of our wedding costs rather than me raiding our savings :happydance:

Well enough chit-chat from me - have a good day :hugs:

all this talk of food has made me hungry its been at least 30 mins since my last feed!! Im now munching on Garners Pickled Onions!! Yummm they are the best pickles ever!

Mmmm pickles totally rock.

My favorite onions are the tiny silverskin cocktail onions - trouble is I can near-enough eat a whole jar in one go :blush: At least they are low in fat and calories!

Whenever I have a sandwich for lunch, instead of crisps I often have a little bowl of pickled onions and beetroot to munch on Mmmm nom nom nom :munch:

Not sure pickles would sit too well on top of the yoghurt I just ate right now though :haha:

oh well done hope for finishing your essay - do you have many left to do now?

Frufru, you still fit in your regular jeans?!?! I've not fitted mine since 12 weeks :wacko: i'm gonna be a bloater for ever more :cry:

but i'm sure some mini-eggs would make me feel much better :haha:

:hugs:

Morning Girls,

I am starting the day with some banana and blueberries topped with natural yoghurt and a spot of honey. I always start the day so well - it is just the naughty stuff I eat in the afternoon and evening that is my undoing!

However, when I was sorting out some clothes for washing this morning I got out my regular jeans and out of curiosity put them on. They still fit over my hips and do up :shock: OK they are tight and I would not want to sit down in them :haha: but it does give me hope about being able to fit back into them again at some point.

Congratulations on finishing the essay Hope&Faith and also on the good nights sleep :thumbup:

My hips still feel like my pelvis is on fire whilst being ripped apart :wacko: but I spoke to my MW yesterday and have an appt with the physio on Monday so hopefully they may be able to do something to help me out. In the meantime though I think I am starting to adjust to the broken nights of very little sleep which will be useful for when LO arrives :winkwink:

Abz, I totally know what you mean about presents. As we did not tell many family or friends about LO until right before Christmas most of them had already bought presents. However my Mum is a last minute shopper and got me a lovely teddy bear, it has one of the bean bags you can warm up in the microwave and put back in the bear's tummy so you are cuddling a warm bear, and a book to help you teach your baby to speak. They are lovely gifts and very much appreciated, but were more a present for the LO than me I think. It is my birthday in a few weeks and I have been dropping hints all over the place about some cd's I have been hankering after for a while.

Oooh - good news! I got my pay review letter for this year today. Now admittedly my annual payrise is only a mere £63.50 (works out about an extra £4 a month net in my pocket), however I did get a bonus of a few hundred pounds :thumbup: It has made me very happy as the bonus will pay for 2/3 of our wedding costs rather than me raiding our savings :happydance:

Well enough chit-chat from me - have a good day :hugs:

Hey Frufru , let me know how you get on on Monday, My hips are really bad now I walk like John Wayne lol

oh yeah, and congrats on the pay rise and bonus frufru - i missed that in my despair over the jean fitting issue :winkwink:

Sooo jealous about the jeans Frufru, my size 8s would go NOWHERE near me now. Funny enough though, my hips wouldn't be as much of a problem as my knees :wacko: I hate that I gain weight in my legs first! I've got a night out planned for the beginning of August and praying I'll no longer be whale sized :dohh: And congrats on the pay rise/bonus!
I'm jealous of your nice family day H&F, have fun, and if I forget to say it later- I hope the tree planting tomorrow goes well, it's a lovely thing to do :)

On the chips and gravy topic, I really really really want some again- and there's no chippy near my work :cry: I can't actually even afford to be going to the chippy as I had to give in and buy some clothes yesterday. I only had a pair of jeans and 2 tops that actually fit, as almost all the maternity clothes I bought were for work. Now I've got 10 weeks off I realised I needed some clothes for outside work!! I've spent half my wages already :( And it's only the 3rd! I always do this..
Luckily for me I'm applying for the SSMG, just need my MW to sign it on Tuesday. Vinny gets the disability element of WTC, so we're eligible which is going to make things a little bit easier!
What has everyone got left to buy? I've only really got to get the steriliser, bath, some more bedding and some more clothes. I'm so lucky that everyone's bought stuff for me. Having a baby is SO expensive :lol:

Well I have another 2 individual essays to write and then some presentations but the biggest thing is finishing my dissertation which is coming along but I really want to get it done and out the way soon incase the baby comes early.

I have just got to my mums - not sure where she has disappeared to but has given me a chance to get a little more work done. mmm I want something to eat but cant find anything I fancy!

You're getting there hope&faith - i remember not so long ago your list of coursework sounded pretty long and you've got through so much of it now! well done for you, it can't be easy concentrating at the moment!!!

:hugs:

Its really not easy! Baby is very quiet today so hoping to get some time to lie down and have a feel soon. I will be so happy when I finally hand in all this work it will be a huge relief! Hmm just watching a home birth programme not sure if i want a water birth or not ... maybe I should look into it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->