*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Hello ladies, May I join..
I just found out that I am expecting post TR baby # 2
I am due May 8th after 10 months of TTC...
I have four daughters aged 21,20,18,18 months..
I had a tubal ligation back in '93 and a reversal in '08..
We are so excited but this will be our last

Congratulations and welcome!! :hugs::flower:

I go in on Thursday but I think I'm just peeing on one of their tests so they know I'm not making it up lol

I'm not seeing a doctor and my private US is booked for 22nd sept. I should probably see the midwife around then too, just waiting for her to contact me

Welcome and congratulations to all the new bluebells!!

I haven't rung my midwife yet.....may ring the surgery tomorrow & self-refer. Not sure at what point she'll want to see me though.

Met with my 8 month pregnant friend today. My daughter ended up pouting, asking "How does she get a baby in her belly so easily and I'm still waiting for a baby in your belly??" Decided to tell her at Christmas, we'll buy her a "sister" card & a t-shirt that says "Big Sister"!
9 months is an awful long time for a 5 year old to wait!!

Oh bless she'd be asking every day, Is it coming yet? :haha:

:hi: beautiful ladies!!! Congrats to you all on your :bfp:'s :wohoo: I am due on 14th May and I was hoping I could join you?? xxx

After my horrific first doctos appointment...

I have booked an appointment with my doctor for thursday next week, i'll be 6 weeks.
And have emailed the hospital i want to have baby at about process for registering with midwife as we are due to move in next few months, so would like to see midwife team in that area.

Do you think doctors appointment next week is ok? Or should i see someone sooner? xxx

Next week will be fine. You dont need to see a doctor anyway, you can self refer to a MW but 6 weeks is a good time to see one if you choose to hun xx

I have the worst cold ever!! I've had to resort to taking some paracetamol before bed cos I am rough, Hot,sweaty and achy and can't stop sneezing!! Bugger offf!!!!!

Next week will be fine. You dont need to see a doctor anyway, you can self refer to a MW but 6 weeks is a good time to see one if you choose to hun xx

I have the worst cold ever!! I've had to resort to taking some paracetamol before bed cos I am rough, Hot,sweaty and achy and can't stop sneezing!! Bugger offf!!!!!

Ouch...

May be a silly question, but why a midwife? Is that a standard practice in the UK?

Ouch...

May be a silly question, but why a midwife? Is that a standard practice in the UK?

Hi Bumpin,

In the Uk we are under midwife care (whole pregnancy and delivery) unless there is a problem or complications x

Thanks for clarifying, I was wondering why a lot of people were talking about going to a midwife...I didn't know they were so popular! I like that idea, pregnancy and delivery is so medicalized these days.

Hi Bumpin,

In the Uk we are under midwife care (whole pregnancy and delivery) unless there is a problem or complications x

We have it similar here in Finland. I think I have doctor visits every 3 months or so. Otherwise it's the midwife. Our US are done around 10 weeks and then around 20. Nothing more unless there is a problem.

On another note, having a nauseous morning... blah

Interesting. Here we have the option of going to a midwife or doctor. I prefer a doctor just because this is my first pregnancy and I have a lot of medical conditions that I would need monitored while I am pregnant. I know a midwife knows how to look for those things as well but I just feel more comfortable with a doctor. I don't know when they will do u/s here as my friends that have been pregnant were high risk so they got them a lot more often.

Ouch...

Hi Bumpin,

^^This :flower:

I've just registered with my midwife, so just need to wait for her to ring me back.

Feeling quite nauseaus today & just want to sleep.....should make the most of a quiet house, hubby in work & daughter in school!!

Morning ladies :coffee:

I called the EPAU and they've booked me to go in on Friday morning and I can't wait :happydance:

They should do a blood test to check hcg levels and hopefully a transvaginal scan too.

Only slight problem - not sure if OH can get time from work to come with me :cry:
I hope he can. Especially if I have a scan, as July was awful, I was alone for the first scan when they couldn't find where the baby was and my hcg levels were so low. I was so scared that I couldn't make sense of what they were saying to me. I know he wants to be there so much, for good or bad news.

Hope everyone is feeling ok.

I didn't sleep so well with bad back and hip ache and then had indigestion pain at around 5am this morning :wacko:
Poor OH was so helpless and I was just moaning at him to move or stop snoring - he couldn't do anything right. I'm a right moody cow if I can't sleep :blush:
It's going to be a loooooong 9 months :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"