*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Im Meghan - will be getting a more recent bump pic soon, but here is my 29 week bump!

:hi: ladies!!! Just had a little catch up :haha: corr you have been busy!! Hope everyone is okay after their aches and pains, no sex and peeing pants episodes, sounds just like my life at the moment too :haha: oh the glamor of it all :dohh:

Sorry been MIA for a while I have been on nights so all I do is eat work, sleep, shower eat work etc etc

It was my Bday last week and we went out for a meal on Friday and to the cinema which ended up being on the Sat instead as I passed out in the restaurant :rofl: oh dear!!! I was fine, wasn't embarrassed about what happened but just a little embarrassed at how the staff handled it :dohh: oh well all is okay and bubs is fine albeit still breech but won't worry about that just yet!!!

Oh and my name is Jen btw :)

Hi Jen :wave:
Sorry to hear about the fainting!! Hope everything is ok xx

Thanks lovely :hugs: I was just worried they thought we were trying to get out of paying the bill as it happened as we were paying for the meal :haha: but yes all okay! Hope you are okay? Is your bubba still breech too? x

:haha: quite a good way to avoid paying!!

Yeah I am fne thank and yep, she's still breech. I keep trying to spend time on all 4's etc but she's not for shifting yet!! You hear so many people saying there babies flip all the time, but she doesnt, she stays with his jabbing feet down!! x

I know :rofl:

I know that they have plenty of time to turn but I still worry :nope: mine hasn't budged either!! I think she has then have a quick feel and no head still under my ribs - hope they both turn!!!!

Hey everyone, I'm Kez - I don't have any recent bump pictures tbh - been too busy!

How does everyone know what position they're baba is lying I havent a clue!

The cloth diapers/nappies sound good - we want to use them and will be researching the different UK brands soon!

This is my 3 rd baby and I know how the pther 2 felt, then at my MW app she told me baby was breech and I can only feel kicks downwards! xx

Im fairly certain that baby is head down, even though most of the movements I feel are low down. Baby had the hiccupps for the first time last night and I felt the movements dead center and just above my pubic bone.

So I need some advice on a bit of a sticky situation.

When I was in my 2nd last year of university (so this would be the end of 2005) I was overwhelmed with schoolwork and life, and the girl I considered one of my best friends decided she was going to just stop talking to me. I had tried several times to talk to her, and try and find out what her issue was. I called her daily for 2 weeks and never got an answer. I heard through mutual friends that her issue was that I had no time for her, and she couldn't believe that I was too busy to party on the weekends with her. So I let it go, moved on with my lifeI finished school, moved to another province, got myself settled and quite happy with my life.

Now fast forward more than 6 years later: I got an email from her on facebook. I guess she had seen a conversation between me and a mutual friend discussing my pregnancy and thats what propmted the message. In it she tells me that she misses my friendship, and blah blah blah. My first inclincation is to say f#$% it, and not reply (Im pretty good at holding a grudge). OH thinks that I should give her a chance being that we were such good friends at one time and all this stuff happened when we were young and she just didn't understand the stress I was under and blah blah blah... so now im at a loss of how to respond. What do you all think?

I like second chances, so I'd probably just message her back and in a nice way explain how the end of your friendship affected you and at the moment being pregnant you're not looking for any stress, but you'd wuite like to meet for coffee and catch up with each other. There probably will be one of two outcomes, 1) you'll meet and it will be like old times and you'll want to rekinlde the friendship or 2) it will be awkward and uncomfortable and you can have your coffee, say your goodbyes and just keep a basic distant relationship.

Thats just me tho :flower: Good luck xx

I wouldn't be able to meet for coffee or anything, we live in different provinces, with 2000 kms in between... so its not like we would be able to "have a friendship" I just dont know if its worth it...

Ah, I forget not everyone is accross the town from each other!! Hmmm, might not be worth it then x

Yay!! Another cloth diapering mom!!! I'm way too excited to start cloth diapering!!

Monique ---- I am going to take your advise and tomorrow my best friend and I are going to a local store that sells different brands and styles of cloth diapers.. I'm going to ask what they recommend, as far as the GroVia's which I'm super attached to already having only seen a few different styles and types I'll be reallly comparing them to the other ones that I see and feel.

Also!!!! Tomorrow I'm going to look at a baby monitor I found on Kijiji... it's an "Angelcare" monitor. It's the one that comes with the sensor mat to tell if the baby stops breathing.. I'm really excited to see how it works. She's only asking $40 for it and in the stores they are well over $100 and up. I'll also be picking up all the small things I have forgotten over the last few months, can't believe tomorrow I'll be in the single digits for weeks left!!! YAY!!!

Bumpin I think your old school friend sounds high maintenance :eek: What kind of friend ditches you because you are busy? :dohh:

In my experience she is unlikely to have changed (people really do get older and not wiser!) however I suppose as she has gone to the effort it might be nice to get in touch??

I would say have a polite FB exchange but keep her at a (physical and emotional) distance, with bubs on the way and life ticking along nicely without her it doesn't seem like you have lost out on much without her in the last 6yrs and she is quite likely to still be an 'all or nothing' type of friend anyway :thumbup:

I'd send a cautious message with an open mind. It might actually be a great thing she is far away. A FB friend doesn't have to be high maintenance. I just bock what I don't want and you can easily decide at any point that it's not working for you. Just do what feels right. I would pop her a message though. She might even just need to explain herself and move on with life. Just don't stress either way.

Im Becki :hi:

And this is my 28 week bump picture taken yesterday!
https://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n525/boothh1234/ff02da9b.jpg

woooow, there's a lot of new posts =D

Thanks for the pics and names, glad you liked the idea!! I'm due for my 28-week pic this Tuesday ^_^
I'm getting so excited to meet our little girl!

I don't know if I told you but I'm on antibiotics (amoxicilin). I've been taking them since Wednesday and my sore throat is still not competely gone =S
I hate being on antibiotics and I hate how many people have looked at me judgementally when I told them I was. Both my doctor and midwife said it's ok, and I don't want my infection to go to my lungs... why are you trying to make me feel even more guilty?
Amy has been moving and kicking as usual.

The good news is that people have been buying us a ton of stuff. Amy's grandparents are spoiling her so much! Between my mom, my brother and my in-laws, we got the high chair, the stroller (pram), an ergo baby carrier, a gym mat, an exersaucer. Those are all super expensive things.

Beautiful bump pic!!!!

Ok ladies.... so I gotta ask... cuz it's nearing the time and I've gotten all of my hospital bag and diaper bag packed except for ONE thing........ Post Partum Pads....
With my son the hospital supplied me with them for about a week until I went to another part of the hospital (*because we had the stay at the NICU) then I was on my own... My mom was the one who picked them up for me last time since I was at the hospital 24/7 and she got me "Always" pads... they ended up giving me a HORRIBLE rash and I can't for the life of me remember what we had tried next... any suggestions???

woooow, there's a lot of new posts =D

Thanks for the pics and names, glad you liked the idea!! I'm due for my 28-week pic this Tuesday ^_^
I'm getting so excited to meet our little girl!

I don't know if I told you but I'm on antibiotics (amoxicilin). I've been taking them since Wednesday and my sore throat is still not competely gone =S
I hate being on antibiotics and I hate how many people have looked at me judgementally when I told them I was. Both my doctor and midwife said it's ok, and I don't want my infection to go to my lungs... why are you trying to make me feel even more guilty?
Amy has been moving and kicking as usual.

The good news is that people have been buying us a ton of stuff. Amy's grandparents are spoiling her so much! Between my mom, my brother and my in-laws, we got the high chair, the stroller (pram), an ergo baby carrier, a gym mat, an exersaucer. Those are all super expensive things.

That really sucks that you have a sore throat :( I'm allergic to Amoxicilin (*as well as a TON of other meds)... they tried to give it to me when my little chihuahua bit me instead of her chew toy early on in the pregnancy for infection... we ended up on the phone with "infectious diseases" to see exactly what I could take... People can be so judgemental over things... you need to take care of YOU too because the baby needs you to be healthy. If your dr and midwife say those antibiotics are fine then I would tell people to screw off lol.

That's SO exciting that people are buying you lots of nice things!!! It's so nice to have a good family <3 My parents along with my "soon to be" in-laws were great when we had our son and they have been great with helping with this little one too :)

Beautiful bump pic!!!!

Ok ladies.... so I gotta ask... cuz it's nearing the time and I've gotten all of my hospital bag and diaper bag packed except for ONE thing........ Post Partum Pads....
With my son the hospital supplied me with them for about a week until I went to another part of the hospital (*because we had the stay at the NICU) then I was on my own... My mom was the one who picked them up for me last time since I was at the hospital 24/7 and she got me "Always" pads... they ended up giving me a HORRIBLE rash and I can't for the life of me remember what we had tried next... any suggestions???

Get the thick ones, normally own brand maternity pads will do prob get them from your health/drug store or from a baby store etc not sure where in Canada though :dohh: anyway don't get always or bodyform or anything that are for periods etc etc or perfumed ones because these are designed to draw fluid away and have other chemicals in them, this is what causes rashes and infections and are bad espesh for people who have stitches. HTH :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->