*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

That photo shoot idea is SO SO SO cool! If DH seemed really interested in my pregnant body verses the non pregnant one (not that he complains AT ALL and he says I'm beautiful) I would totally love to do that! Wish I could see a picture just out of curiosity. What kind of clothes/accessories did you have?

Go on to my profile page, I loaded one of my favs - dont worry, its nothing scary :haha:

WOW!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! That is SUCH a good picture!!! I really need to get on booking my maternity photos lol

Wow! What an amazing photo! I bet you will also be happy years from now to have had them taken.

Diana - can't recall what I used once I got home but they were something long with full absorbancy without perfume... probably some eco-brand. I didn't have any problems. I always find that when I have my period, for example (before I switched to the moon cup) that I would get irritation/rash downstairs. I think it's just from the constant moisture and period blood exposure. I would put a little of zinc baby rash cream and I got instand relief.

That photo shoot idea is SO SO SO cool! If DH seemed really interested in my pregnant body verses the non pregnant one (not that he complains AT ALL and he says I'm beautiful) I would totally love to do that! Wish I could see a picture just out of curiosity. What kind of clothes/accessories did you have?

Go on to my profile page, I loaded one of my favs - dont worry, its nothing scary :haha:

jeez, you are one hot mama!!!! =D

One of my best friends is a really good (amateur) photographer. She's actually a graphic designer, and I keep meaning to have a session so she can take photos of me, my husband and bump (with plenty of clothing on, though :haha:)

I need to get working on that, she's going back to Argentina in two weeks :cry:

Man I forgot you can't use tampons after you have the baby! Great :(

Thanks Ladies! I was sooo thrilled with how well the photos turned out, I generally hate 95% of all photos of me, so having enough photos to fill an album was wonderful!

Not much new here. I finally see an OB on tuesday!

Also!!!! Tomorrow I'm going to look at a baby monitor I found on Kijiji... it's an "Angelcare" monitor. It's the one that comes with the sensor mat to tell if the baby stops breathing.. I'm really excited to see how it works. She's only asking $40 for it and in the stores they are well over $100 and up. I'll also be picking up all the small things I have forgotten over the last few months, can't believe tomorrow I'll be in the single digits for weeks left!!! YAY!!!

i cant recommend angelcare enough. i just wish id had ours from the beginning with #1. we didnt get it until he was about 4/5 months and started rolling and decided he preferred to sleep on his front which panicked me hence wanting the sensor pad monitor. but if wed have had it in the early days i think i would have been much more relaxed and not checking up on him every two seconds lol.
we got a second hand one first but it broke as it just got bashed to death on our travels visiting friends and family but i think even at full price they are worth every penny so we just bought a brand new one this time.

well were back from hospital now. i got admitted late last week with a suspected clot on my lungs:cry:
after having alot of people looking at me very worried and having x rays and being injected with radiation for scans it turns out it was only indegestion!!!!:blush::haha:
yes it sounds funny now but im still upset i had to put my baby thru all that crap just for friggin indigestion:growlmad:

Man I forgot you can't use tampons after you
have the baby! Great :(

I didn't know this :nope: .What a bombshell :dohh: I hate hate hate towels- hopefully it will all seem worth it once LO is here :cloud9:

I cant recommend angelcare enough...

We're back from hospital now. I got admitted late last week with a suspected clot on my lungs :cry: after having alot of people looking at me very worried and having x rays and being injected with radiation for scans it turns out it was only indigestion!!!! :blush: :haha:

My sister used the Angelcare and swore by it too, so that is definitely still on the purchase list :thumbup:

Sorry to hear you have been having a stressful time in hospital- glad all turned out well in the end :hugs:

Cliqmo, trust me once you've given birth the last thing you will want to do is stick anything up there :haha: the pads are amazing, I had soo many stitches last time and the huge pads were a godsend and like a cushion for my bits when I sat down haha x

couldn't agree more with Becky! on top of that I would be surprised if you could keep a tampon in especially initially :dohh: I couldn't think of anything worse than putting a tampon up my hooha after birth :shock:

Yep the tampon thing makes me cringe :haha:
I love big fat squigy maternity towels to make sitting down and getting up again much more pleasant !! Yay for the sexy side of Post natal time!!! x

Since we are on this topic, for those of you already experienced mommies:
Where do you get maternity pads (I know some of us are in American and some in England or beyond...) but anyway, I buy most of my stuff on amazon but this is all they have:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...itary+pads&sprefix=maternity+sanitary,aps,199

They are mostly regular Maxi pads. And the ones that are maternity are fricking expensive!!!! Are regular maxi pads enough??? 0.o

I read somewhere that regular maxis are enough and that you should bring your own anyway cause the crap they give you at the hospital is granny panties and a freaking foam brick LOL

I thought the point of mat pads was that they didn't absorb like normal pads for periods do, and they are easier to spot signs of infection?
I got mine from tesco last time but I know mothercare do some with wings now which I might try out x

Tbh I have never even seen maternity ones around like any store here :shrug: maybe I didn't look hard enough though. Last time I just bought a large package of mixed absorbencies then 2 small packs of like overnight ones just in case and it was enough I even had quite a few left after. I honestly did not like what the hospital gave me it had like a plasticy feel to it and was so huge that it hardly even seemed to fit properly at all it was just very awkard to even walk with.

Normal pads have a mesh on them which can catch on any stitches. Not reccomended for those first few days. MAternity pads are soft and more like cotton wool much better fro tender lady bits x

This conversation is freaking me out more than any episode of OBEM has managed to!! :dohh:

I had a d&c after miscarriage a year ago and only wore a pad for about an hour before switching to tampons :eek: ... The idea of appreciating awful bulky wadding for the brief reprieve of discomfort makes me want to cry :haha:

Cliqmo, trust me once you've given birth the last thing you will want to do is stick anything up there :haha: the pads are amazing, I had soo many stitches last time and the huge pads were a godsend and like a cushion for my bits when I sat down haha x

My sentiments exactly. I couldn't believe the size and thickness of the ones that were available to me in my hospital! I didn't know they came so big... they also had really ghastly netted underwear to wear them with and I was very comfortable!

On another note, I cheated and took a belly picture a few days early since I thought I was looking cute. We've been taking every 5 weeks until we hit 30 and then every other week. Here's me at 29+4

Attachments

• P1050657.jpg
    P1050657.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe