*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

I never really bled after my D&Cs and was never that sore but honestly it gets so bruised during birth haha, I remember that first wee and couldn't even feel it coming out cus everything was that swollen and I couldn't even wipe had to dab with wipes oh I'm crossing my legs thinking about it hahah x

I was in the hospital for 4 days since I had tearing and stitches downstairs. I was def dabbing dry after the toilet and showering for at least 2 weeks. I loved the big bulky pads for no other reason than they provided padding! By the time I got out of the hospital, the regular huge pads you can get from the store were fine. Nic, never thought about the netting on some pads. I don't think mine had any. Good reminder though to make sure I get some without it again this time around. Of course I'm hoping for an easier birth, no tearing, and a shorter visit this time too!

Yeah there is NO WAY you wanna be sticking ANYTHING up there after birth lol. WAY too painful! The hospital gave me a squeeze bottle to use every time I went to the bathroom. I just filled it with warm water and as I was peeing I used the warm water to dilute it. I used that for a few weeks everytime I went to the bathroom and it was great. I also had a the "WORST bladder infection" the dr said he'd ever seen from the catheter (which I told them would happen if they made me have one) so of course if you've ever had a bladder infection you know that it BURNS to pee. As for pads after birth I ended up going with "Kotex Overnights" it's what the pharmacy suggested. DO NOT BUY "ALWAYS Pads" the pharmacist said they are not good for after birth and most people get a reaction to them after having a baby. We'll see how the Kotex goes.....

I am SO glad that you guys have great reviews on the angelcare!! I'm so excited to use it! I had the same thing with my son where every SECOND I was up checking to see if he was breathing. I'll for sure be able to sleep a LOT better with this monitor. I just remember my son coughing on his vomit and having to put him upside down and hit his butt to get him to breath. It was the scariest thing in my life watching my baby turn blue.

Yeah there is NO WAY you wanna be sticking ANYTHING up there after birth lol. WAY too painful! The hospital gave me a squeeze bottle to use every time I went to the bathroom. I just filled it with warm water and as I was peeing I used the warm water to dilute it. I used that for a few weeks everytime I went to the bathroom and it was great.

One reason I love living in Finland is that we have these wonderful little hand showers hooked up to the sinks and they are fab for washing up. They have been a lifesaver with washing poo off cloth diapers too! The pressure is determined by how fully you turn on the sink so it was perfect for after birth. A warm gentle flow always felt soothing and made me feel clean. Don't worry you first-timers! This too shall pass. You'll be too enamored with your baby to mind or you'll be fast asleep! :haha:

I feel a bit mean scaring first time mums :blush: It's worth every pain, ache, bleed, stitch I can promise you that xx

Oh that DOES sound awesome! I wish we had that here... I'll have to invest in something similar to rinse off my diapers.

And yes, first time moms.... It's OBVIOUSLY not that bad or NON of us would be doing it a second and third time around lol. I would go through it a million times over because nothing compares to seeing and holding that baby <3 you really forget about all the pain and everything the min that baby is born :)

Hahahaha, you ladies have been great with all the responses. The kotex Vs Always bit of info was very useful. I'll buy overnight pads and talk to my midwife about those first few days.
And don't worry, you are not scaring me at all. If anything, I am getting more and more excited!!! =D

people have been super generous and given us plenty of stuff, I feel like I'm all set to go! hehe. And I still have my babyshower this Sunday. I don't know where I'll put everything.

As for the monitor, we live in a super small (very very small) house, so I'm not getting one at least until we move. She'll sleep right next to us, anyway, and for the rest of the time, trust me, I'll hear her. But, it's good to know AngelCare has possitive reviews.

I had my glucose test done today. The midwife was surprised because I drank that thing super fast :haha: They'll call me if it comes back abnormal but the drink wasn't at all bad (I didn't know what to expect, so many women hate it). Everything else was great. My belly was measuring 27 cm (I'm 27w6d), blood pressure was great and baby's Hb was 155. Midwife was happy with everything.

Vesper, you are looking cute! I should take another photo tonight, I'll post it later.

Last note... I can't remember who was depressed because last month they gained 7 lbs.. (maybe it was diana?) Anyway, I wanted to say that the same happened to me between weeks 20 and 24, I put on 8 lbs (I had been gaining a pound a week before that). And then, this month, I only gained 1 lb. I didn't change my diet or anything, I just let my body do what it needed. Midwife was happy with the weight gain and baby is growing. So... for me, that goes to show that sometimes we just need to let our bodies do what they need to do and stop obsessing over things (and I think doctors and midwives can make the obsessing even worse sometimes).

Ok, super long post. Talk to you all later =)

I put on 8 lbs over xmas...

I think i've gained a totoal of 13 so far...

We are making it sound bad but at the time you don't really notice because you're too occupied with the new baby, it's only looking back you remember it was horrible, same with pregnancy though I honestly forgot about all the discomfort and bad bits until now when they are all appearing again :haha:

Iv put 23lbs on so far but I'm only 7lbs over pre pregnancy because of the weight I lost in first tri, my jeans still button because my baby likes to sit super high, I cheering myself for the jeans but really I wish he would drop abut so I could breathe and not have to live off gaviscon lol x

I've gained 24 lbs total. I didn't lose any weight at the beginning and put on 6 lbs during the first trimester.
Anyway, I ddidn't want to turn this into a question of how much weight we've gained, it was more to make a point that our bodies know what to do.

I've gained 24 lbs total. I didn't lose any weight at the beginning and put on 6 lbs during the first trimester.
Anyway, I ddidn't want to turn this into a question of how much weight we've gained, it was more to make a point that our bodies know what to do.

Hehe I'm hoping my body kows what it's doing because I'be gained way more than what you ladies are posting! :blush:

I have gained 28lbs (2st in UK money) already and I am several weeks behind most of you :dohh:

Initially I was freaked out but I am doing virtually no exercise compared to normal because I sold my horse and I am eating whenever I am hungry (probably 90% of my consumption is healthy stuff, just in volume!) so I figure weight gain is pretty inevitable :shrug:

I am determined to trust my body for now and will focus on getting back in shape later :thumbup:

I gained loads with my son and he was healthy and perfect, this time I had abit extra already so that's probably partly to do with it! As long as you eat healthily and try and have a healthyish life style then the weight you put on is what's needed isn't it, everyone is different! x

How is everyone?
1 more week for me til I hit the 30s can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going,
Realising I'll be at term in 8 weeks has panicked me into baby shopping! I bought bottles, blankets and a playnest yesterday aswell as some more clothes socks bibs etc, and bought the bouncy chair last week, just looking at play gyms and swings this morning! x

Hi!!
Im heading toward 32 weeks and I can't believe it!1 Had 2 days of period pain, crampng ad painful BH so I cleaned my bathroom in case I needed to be checked and my MIL had to come round :haha:
I'm really sore, but nothing like blood or waters etc so I think it's just my body getting ready, and the fact it's baby 3. I must pack some stuff together just in case tho. Trying to rest as much as poss but that's almost impossible with a 2 year old!!

xx

The 30s to me seem like the home stretch :) its lovely but scary isn't it?
Have been diagnosed with GD, so I'm not allowed to go over, so I at least know I'll see lo within 10 weeks. Eeeeee! Could be 7 though. Going to have to hit that :ignore: button, I'm scaring myself now! :haha:

:hi: everyone!! Glad to come back after a few nights at work and see that everyone is doing well :hugs: I am also doing well just wish bubs would turn now!!

I haven't weighed myself for ages but think I have put on about 8 kilos so far which is a lot less than last time - was bigger to begin with and have just been super busy with work etc so don't have time for breaks sometimes :nope: not good!

Glad 1st time Mums are not getting freaked out because it IS the MOST amazing thing you will EVER do!!!

I cannot believe we are all hitting the 30's it has gone soooo fast and before we know it we will all start popping them out!!!

I remember last time we all had a text buddy (in the same country if possible) to text and let know when baby was born etc etc - just wondered if people fancied doing it again - we can then just put a little birth notification in here and updates etc - tis fun and exciting, then put in your siggy who your text buddy is - what do you all think? xx

30 week today for me! Funny how that seems SO much more than 29! I like the text buddy idea but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in Finland here... We do send a message to my FB though so maybe I could add a couple active people there and they would see and update here? I don't usually add "strangers" because I post so many pictures and whatnot but I think this would be fine.

Hi ladies!!

Was away on a mini vacation in Boston for the last two days :happydance: I saw the perfect dresser for amy at a thrift shop, so I put it in the car and drove all the way back home with it (in the middle of a snow storm, it was like 6 hours). Now I have somewhere to put her clothes. Everyone has given me so much clothes, I didn't know where to put them.

I can't believe some of you are 30 weeks or over already! I'm 28 weeks, and I'm feeling great so far. I am definitely getting more excited/anxious for her to be out. She's been moving every day, sometimes quite strong. I love feeling her, it feels like she's saying "hi" to me.

MightySpu, sorry about your GD =S Hopefully it'll just go away after birth.

I can't do text messages I guess, but I'll keep posting here and I hope the ones who are further ahead will keep in touch to let us know when their babies are born =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->