*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

At my last appt I was measuring 31.5 and I was 31 weeks exactly... I think thats ok though... Kendra, is your uterus measuring big? I think as long as fundal height is within 2 weeks baby is average sized.

Swood, that sucks that you were diagnosed with GD =S

Kedra, my movements have changed this last week too, but my belly is measuring right on track. She's not rolling anymore (I miss feeling that), I am feeling her super low and there are some kicks here and there. I still feel her every day and some kicks are still strong, but I miss feeling her more =(

In other news, I just had my baby shower :happydance:
I had it in my house, I didn't want to incovenience my friends, they all have small kids. But my friends did make me a cake and put together some games. I got so many presents I feel like I need a second home just for the baby stuff! Plenty of diapers too!!!!
I feel so emotional, I home alone now (hubby is at work) and I just want to cry, I feel so grateful that everyone was so so nice to us and our baby and at the same time I am feeling sad too. I am going back to the hormonal changes I had in the first trimester... I think I'm starting to have fears and anxieties, like, what if something goes wrong during delivery, or something happens to my baby or, worse yet, I do something that harms her in some way... I don't like these feelings...

Kendra, what is your fundal height?

Nits, I have.the same fears. :/ its rough, and i have to stay off the internet because it.

Lovely bump! You look fab! So jealous you live in Finland too, I really want to visit there one day!!

How on earth did you manage to paint your toes and how long did it take?! I can't even put my socks on without struggling for breath!!! :haha: xx

Welcome to Finland! It is gorgeous here. I suggest you come in the Summer months though! I managed to paint my toenails with some difficulty... I was sitting with my legs spread and bent at the knees to get my feet as close as possible. I was leaning forward and turning my toes as I painted them since they weren't facing me entirely. I think it took 10-15 min. Nothing fancy. DH made a cheeky comment when I was trimming them. He said that I better do it now since I won't be able to for another 10 weeks! I told him that I might not be able to but he can! :haha: But he really helps with anything like that anyway. I think he'll have to help me tidy up downstairs soon. I can't see a thing anymore! :haha:

Kedra, my movements have changed this last week too, but my belly is measuring right on track. She's not rolling anymore (I miss feeling that), I am feeling her super low and there are some kicks here and there. I still feel her every day and some kicks are still strong, but I miss feeling her more =(

In other news, I just had my baby shower :happydance:
I had it in my house, I didn't want to incovenience my friends, they all have small kids. But my friends did make me a cake and put together some games. I got so many presents I feel like I need a second home just for the baby stuff! Plenty of diapers too!!!!

I feel so emotional, I home alone now (hubby is at work) and I just want to cry, I feel so grateful that everyone was so so nice to us and our baby and at the same time I am feeling sad too. I am going back to the hormonal changes I had in the first trimester... I think I'm starting to have fears and anxieties, like, what if something goes wrong during delivery, or something happens to my baby or, worse yet, I do something that harms her in some way... I don't like these feelings...

I think my little guy as flipped too. He def doesn't have as much room anymore. I do getting wave-like sensations but the kicks are mostly up high now.

:happydance: for the baby shower! Mine is coming soon too. Can't wait.

The pregnancy mood swings/worries/dreams/nightmares can be really off-putting. The worries in the end for a first timer in particular can really drain you. Try to relax the best you can and know that she will come out :hugs: Are you birthing in a hospital? Just remind yourself that the staff there do this all day, everyday, and have a lot of experience. They are also familiar with mommies and their worries. When the time comes to check in, it will all seem so surreal. As the labor progresses, you will likely focus on that in a more physical/mental way than emotional. It takes so much of you that there isn't as much room for you to worry.

Iv started to get the mood swings too :/ I was a complete cow to DH all day yesterday but everything he did annoyed me! It's suddenly hit me that I actually have to give birth in a few weeks and I'm starting to wonder if ill cope as well as last time etc, and how I'll cope with 2 babies. And then with all the ailments on top I'm just generally grumpy! I think it's just a common thing in this stage if pregnancy x

I am grump/anxious and everything too - hopefully we can all pull through together!!

I don't mind doing the text/FB buddy list thing if ppl like :) just let me know who wants to buddy with who?

Anyone want to be mine? ha!

lol... im such a grump these days too! Im so uncomfortable and because im rarely ever sick, I dont cope well at all! I feel lightly nauseated all the time. Im not sleeping well, because I can't sleep on my front or back, my left leg goes numb if I lay on my left side, and it just plain hurts to sleep on my right!

I really do wish I was one of those women who enjoyed their pregnancy, but truth be told, Im hating being preggo...well most of it anyways...

My shower is going to be april 1. Its being hosted by my old work friends. I changed units a few years ago so im going to end up having 2 showers! The other one will be held after baby comes though...

I will give my number to anyone! I dont mind at all who I text xx

I feel emotional all the time. I basically cried because my landlords said they want to look at something in the house I cleaned all day then they decided they didn't need to look.
I am afraid of baby being born to early (scheduled c-section for 10 days before my due date) and I won't be able to breastfeed her because she won't know what to do honestly its like my biggest fear right now.

my bump has had a massive growth spurt in the past day i'm sure! i've got a growth scan tomorrow due to GD x

my bump has had a massive growth spurt in the past day i'm sure! i've got a growth scan tomorrow due to GD x

Had my gd growth scan today. Just as we figured, he's several weeks ahead. Not sure what it means het, anxious to speak to my doc. They spent a LONG time looking t my placenta and cord. Is this normal? When I asked her if my placenta looked normal, she wouldn't answer because she just "takes the pictures.". Understood, but she answered other questions.

aaaargh, ladies, it seems that between GD and our hormones, we are having a rough time.
I feel a lot better today because DH is home. I am so clingy, it's ridiculous. On top of it, DH made a few "jocking" comments about being jealous when the baby is born but, on the other hand, he also said he'll take the baby with him to the grocery store for 8 hours every day so I can sleep :haha: I guess it's not all bad.

A friend lent me her breast pump, a very nice double medela. That thing looks scary though. The mere thought of putting that on my boob and turning it on makes me shiver 0.o

Also, baby dreams are back. I've been dreaming of her every night for the last few days. Last night I dreamed she was born but I hadn't seen her yet and I was back at work the following day. And the whole time at work I was just crying because I wanted to go home and meet my baby... Dh was at work with me and when I asked him why he wasn't home watching the baby, he just replied he wanted to have lunch with me (which is sweet, I guess).

Last topic: I've been feeling big flutters super low, down there. Sometimes I even feel them low and "behind", iykwim. I told a friend and she said baby is probable head down already and I am feeling her hands. What do you all think?

aaaargh, ladies, it seems that between GD and our hormones, we are having a rough time.
I feel a lot better today because DH is home. I am so clingy, it's ridiculous. On top of it, DH made a few "jocking" comments about being jealous when the baby is born but, on the other hand, he also said he'll take the baby with him to the grocery store for 8 hours every day so I can sleep :haha: I guess it's not all bad.

A friend lent me her breast pump, a very nice double medela. That thing looks scary though. The mere thought of putting that on my boob and turning it on makes me shiver 0.o

Also, baby dreams are back. I've been dreaming of her every night for the last few days. Last night I dreamed she was born but I hadn't seen her yet and I was back at work the following day. And the whole time at work I was just crying because I wanted to go home and meet my baby... Dh was at work with me and when I asked him why he wasn't home watching the baby, he just replied he wanted to have lunch with me (which is sweet, I guess).

Last topic: I've been feeling big flutters super low, down there. Sometimes I even feel them low and "behind", iykwim. I told a friend and she said baby is probable head down already and I am feeling her hands. What do you all think?

I feel tge same flutters and have for a few weeks now. Today I confirmed that.it is his hands!

Swood, that'd be awesome if she's positioned already (although she may still move). I was breech, legs crossed, so my mom had to have a c-section. It's not the end of the world but I'd like to have a chance of having a vaginal birth.
Apparently I was lazy even before being born :haha:

I don't know what my fundal height is, the Dr doesn't tell me when he measures.

Had a scare today... was in the birthing center for 6 hours with an IV after I ended up with regular contractions every 5 minutes... luckily I thought I was having a bladder infection so I called my Dr's office and they wanted to rule out preterm labor so I went into the hospital instead... turns out I was having contractions and didn't know that's what they were... there is no explanation for them other than its probably partially stress related and partially dehydration. Pretty scary experience though. I have to take at least the rest of the week off work now.

Eek kendra glad your okay!! :hugs:

I keep getting quite painful BH, especially if I'm doing something like cleaning the kitchen etc, I have to stop and today I've woken up with a really painful stitch like feeling in the top of my bump! :( I had to get on all fours to stand up out of bed! Any idea what that could be?

Eek kendra glad your okay!! :hugs:

I keep getting quite painful BH, especially if I'm doing something like cleaning the kitchen etc, I have to stop and today I've woken up with a really painful stitch like feeling in the top of my bump! :( I had to get on all fours to stand up out of bed! Any idea what that could be?

I wish I do know. I'm in agony and it;s very similar, a stitch like burning pain. I'm hoping it's the uterus stretching.
I've been awake a lot of last night with painful BH and only able to be pain free on my back, but then baby moves so much I have to turn over and my bump feels so sore and heavy!!
I hope we dont have this for the next 8-10 weeks :hugs:

I feel emotional all the time. I basically cried because my landlords said they want to look at something in the house I cleaned all day then they decided they didn't need to look.
I am afraid of baby being born to early (scheduled c-section for 10 days before my due date) and I won't be able to breastfeed her because she won't know what to do honestly its like my biggest fear right now.

:hugs: Try to just enjoy the clean house and take it for what it is. Also, take it easy! Get rest and take breaks. Your baby is already sucking her fingers in the womb and swallowing amniotic fluid. She will know what to do. You'll just need to help her learn to latch on in the right position so you don't get sore. It's a learning experience for both of you if you haven't done it before, but babies naturally root for the nipple to feed. It's a survival tactic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->