*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Hope she turns soon FF so you don't have to worry!!

My LO is definitely head down all I get is feet under my ribs, he's actually winded me a few times and I've been having horrible pain under there when I'm moving about which I've heard is rib flare, keep getting horrible stitch like pains when I'm walking too in the bottom of my bump!

Just lying in bed and can feel him wriggling around, I have a few tender spots on my bump now where he likes to stick of alot and it's starting to get sore now!!

30 week bump and my toddler getting in on the picture yesterday morning!
https://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd419/stuartsbigfish/aafe7b7a.jpg

Booth, awesome pic! I'll upload my 30 week pic today or tomorrow. I am totally envying your dress

So, cute storie: I woke up last night (as every night) and started obsessing over AMy's kicking and I couldn't fall back asleep, and my husband was taking up too much space in bed and it was hot... anyway, the usual mid-night rant.
So, I grabbed my blanket and a pillow and went to sleep on the couch. My husband heard me and came downstairs to ask me if I was ok, I told him I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and Fearful about all the changes. So he lays right next to me, on the couch, to cuddle and the dog gets on too at our feet, so the cat climbs on top of us. And we all 5 fell asleep on the couch cuddling :haha:
It was super super cute. The best part is that when I woke up he told me that amy had kicked him several times :happydance:

30 weeks!!!!!
And it's finally happened: My belly is bigger than my boobs :happydance:
I finally look pregnant. About time!

Attachments

• 30 weeks bare belly 3.jpg
    30 weeks bare belly 3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 30 weeks profile.jpg
    30 weeks profile.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 4
You look great! :)

I can't sleep!!!! :( my hips and legs are hurting so bad I want to cry, took painkillers and it's not really done anything. Hope I am better tomorrow I've been hobbling around all day!

:wohoo: baby is nooo longer breech!!! so relieved I almost cried :haha:

Oh Boothh you poor poor thing :hugs: I hope it gets better soon!! How is your facial pain? If any consolation my pelvis and hips and spd and all that shabang has been really hurting me the last few days too :hugs: I remember it got hideous from about 32wks last time :( looks like it is going that way again for me :nope:

Hope everyone else is ok?

Up a box on my ticker :yipee: only one more box left :shock: eeeeek! How exciting!!!

:hugs: to everyone!! hope you are managing to enjoy the sunshine!!! I am and I have been finishing early too which has been lovely :)

:hugs: to everyone!! hope you are managing to enjoy the sunshine!!! I am and I have been finishing early too which has been lovely :)

I celebrated the sunshine by going outside and spreading the snow around... twice! It's in huge heaps to the sides of the driveway. I shoveled a great deal of it from our front door area to the other side and spread a lot of it around so it will melt faster. I don't care how long it takes for the other side to melt but I want our yard to be green and pretty again! I am so ready for Spring! :flower:

So, I now need weekly monitoring as my doctor suspects cholestasis... but I may have some gall bladder problems as well / instead...
I am a human pin cushion with the amount of blood tests I need!!! Not happy!!

Just wish they had some answers for me :shrug: Am so itchy :(

On the plus side tho, I will need an ultrasound for my liver so am hoping they will show baby too???

Zombina: Im getting one of my kidney's on friday so I will let you know if I get a glimspe of baby.

Last night OH and I babysat for our friends who had their baby a month ago. She is SOOO cute! Im happy to report that OH will do just fine as a daddy. Baby was super fussy, and has beed a bit colicky. So I assumed that her fussiness was from gas. OH insisted that she was probably hungry. By the time I went upstairs to warm up the bottle, the baby was SCREAMING... and then I could not for the life of me get her to take the damn bottle... OH scooped her right up and had her happily eating in less than 10 seconds! Here I was thinking I would be the better parent!!!

33 weeks... its scary that full term is now less than 4 weeks away! We're getting so close, and im starting to panic a little bit...

. OH scooped her right up and had her happily eating in less than 10 seconds! Here I was thinking I would be the better parent!!!

33 weeks... its scary that full term is now less than 4 weeks away! We're getting so close, and im starting to panic a little bit...

:flower: My OH really surprised me and frankly, I fell in love all over again, after our son was born in 2010. One of the most amazing things about having a child is definitely getting to see your lover and best friend reveal a whole new side of himself. I particularly love listening to him talk to our son. I have no idea where it all comes from! :shrug: He was always the quiet one and I was the one who could talk for hours. I found that I would struggle with the mindless babbling that came so easily to him. :shrug:

I've been trying to calculate in all different ways the fact that my due date is approaching! It still seems so far away to me. Weird. One the one hand I don't want to stress of course. I want to enjoy these last weeks I have being able to give my undivided attention to my son. On the other hand, I'd also likel to start becoming more excited about #2. Mommies of 2+, how was it adjusting to dividing your attention? I feel rather guilty about it. I'm hoping I bond more quickly the second time around because I love my first son to pieces and don't want to feel like 2# is stealing me away... :blush:

I am officially in the big, out-of-breath, tired stage. It's days like today and yesterday (and honestly, probably tomorrow too!) that I am thrilled to be BFing my son. I lay down next to him, pop the boob in his mouth, and more likely than not, I get to have a nap. We just got up after a couple hours for me and nearly 3.5hrs for him! :yay:

How are you going to manage to BF both babies... this may seem like a REALLY strange question, but will you produce colostrum? Or just the milk that your DS1 takes? I thought newborns needed the colostrum??? Logistically, I just cant make sense of this! Kudos for you for taking on 2 bfing babies! Im worried I wont be able to feed the one! Its really weird, though, I dont think there really is any reason I wont be able to bf. Maybe I just like to worry...lol :shrug:

I am officially in the big, out-of-breath, tired stage. It's days like today and yesterday (and honestly, probably tomorrow too!) that I am thrilled to be BFing my son. I lay down next to him, pop the boob in his mouth, and more likely than not, I get to have a nap. We just got up after a couple hours for me and nearly 3.5hrs for him! :yay:

yeah, I am actually back to drinking coffee =S
I use mostly decaf with some caffeinated coffee but staying awake is impossible.
I get out of breath easily too: going up some steps, getting in bed :haha:

So, I had a mw appointment today. Just as I expected, my DD is breech. I could tell because I am being kicked very strongly in my pelvis and bum :coffee:
Her head is almost between my ribs. It took us a while to find the HB, but it was ok, I could feel her moving while we were trying.
My MW told me they don't get concerned about breech babies until about 37 weeks, she told em not to stress over it :shrug:
Besides that, everything else was great. The mw actually helped me touch the baby's head O_O it was insane!!! She was like "here's her head" so I asked her how she knew, so she made me feel it. It was definitely the highlight of my day.

Ok, that's it for now. Everything ok here ^_^

How are you going to manage to BF both babies... this may seem like a REALLY strange question, but will you produce colostrum? Or just the milk that your DS1 takes? I thought newborns needed the colostrum??? Logistically, I just cant make sense of this! Kudos for you for taking on 2 bfing babies! Im worried I wont be able to feed the one! Its really weird, though, I dont think there really is any reason I wont be able to bf. Maybe I just like to worry...lol :shrug:

:hugs: Don't worry! You will be able to feed your baby! Your body will make as much milk as you need. Moms of twins have plenty of milk for both too.

Here's a really to-the-point FAQ about tandem nursing that I found helpful when trying to decide what to do. My son just wasn't ready to stop and I wasn't either so I decided not to worry about it. During pregnancy the milk changes from whole milk back to colostrum because of hormonal changes. My son is only getting that now. Because he is so big and eats/drinks regular food and cow milk, the nursing is really mostly a source of comfort for him, nothing nutritional anymore. I guess the colostrum tastes different and a lot of toddlers will wean themselves but apparently he doesn't care! :haha:

Colostrum vs. whole milk production is hormonally controlled. I have colostrum now even though I am still nursing. The amount is on supply demand though. I will still have colostrum right after birth for 2-3 days just like anyone else until my hormones change and my whole milk rises again. Most moms get some discomfort at that point since a newborn doesn't drink everything right away... it takes a while before the supply-demand cycle is established. I'll be lucky because my toddler can help out with whatever the baby leaves behind. I will definitely be nursing my newborn very frequently (and first since milk is the only source of nutrition) to encourage him to learn a good latch and get used to life outside the womb. If my toddler asks to nurse though, I will let him. I've heard wonderful things about tandem nursing helping with sibling jealousy too. I don't mind answering more questions if you have them. :flower:

Thanks Vesper, very informative. Jack self weaned just before his first birthday, I was a bit gutted, I really enjoyed feeding him, but it seems like decades ago now!

man you learn something new every day! Thats so neat how your body just knows what to do!

man you learn something new every day! Thats so neat how your body just knows what to do!

Yes! The body really is an amazing thing! There are a lot of misconceptions about BFing I think and how it actually works. My son has also been very healthy which I in part contribute to the extended nursing. That link I provided has some interesting info on how BFing (even 1 child) helps build antibodies against illness, etc. Great reading for anyone! :thumbup:

Vesper - you are so cool! You make it sounds so easy though :haha: Iv said before I think it's great you are planning to tandem feed! :)

Just back from my consultant appointment and baby is breech! Which explains why I'm so uncomfortable and can't breathe lol, also been given a section date for 11th may! 8 weeks today!! Scary!

Do you want a csec Boothh? Or is this just in case baby decides to stay breech. I didn't think they really became concerned about breech babies until 36 weeks...

Just back from my consultant appointment and baby is breech! Which explains why I'm so uncomfortable and can't breathe lol, also been given a section date for 11th may! 8 weeks today!! Scary!

8 weeks! Eek! Why would they schedule a c-section so early though, a week before the due date? Being breech doesn't really matter right now... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->