*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

I had a doctors appointment today (yesterday was ultrasound) any way i signed all the paperwork saying yes to a c-section. My due date was moved up to the 23th apparently like at my 20 week ultrasound only found out today but doesn't matter to much as im having her the 14th. Any way i was really worried about her size but he thinks she should be at least 7 lbs and that hes sure shes bigger then what my daughter was so makes me feel a bit better.

My diaper stash is boring so far lol. I got mostly one size ones in just plain colours going to wait a bit to get the nicer ones. But since apparently one size don't fit newborns we have a bunch of wool covers my grandma made and im making some fleece ones in the next few weeks then i have some flips im hoping will fit. I have been busy with my finals coming up for school so im a bit behind on all the sewing i want done.

Lollipopbop - I got a m+p sola in the end! My toddler had a pliko and now he has a Luna. I get on well with mamas and papas prams so wanted to stick with a brand I trusted :) (plus I got to reuse my hardly used newborn carseat!)*

Welcome again to anyone who posted since I last looked in :hi:

MW 'can't tell' which position LO is in now because he's still back to back and it's 'all arms and legs' apparently. Pretty sure his head is up under my ribs again though because it feels the same and I can't breathe again!
I'm getting annoyed with her keep telling me I'm having a monster baby too. She said off my chart he will be about 9lbs 11 at 39 weeks when he's born, I really don't feel like he's that big though! He feels a lot smaller to me than jess did!

i LOVE this thread and how we keep getting more people =D
I even tell my husband "someone on the May mom's thread said this or that" and he knows exactly what I'm talking about :haha:

Booth, what's the point of telling you the baby will be big? Does she expect you to say "oh well, then I am not giving birth!"????

Things are good here. I can't remember if I updated with my latest MW appointment or not 0.o
Basically, my blood pressure goes up and down but seems to be kind of under control. All the other tests for preeclampsia came back negative :happydance:
My amniotic fluid went from 8 last week to 10 yesterday. Not great but good. I have to repeat the ultrasound next week, to see what's going on.

Amy has been moving like crazy, hope she decides to get head down. I think I'm getting some "practice contractions," basically, I am having menstrual-like pain. It's not much and it only happens a few times a day, so I am not worried. I don't call them BH because they hurt...

Anyway, having a nice relaxing day here =D

Just checking in, things are going ok, I finally DTD with hubby after probably 20 weeks and I am so sore now, what the hell!?! That and the action in bed got me to start leaking colostrum which I'm not that pleased about! But it hurts to get in and out of the car and bed and everything else :(

haha, Kendra, DTD gets REALLY painful. We stopped because everytime we did it, I ended up feeling like I had just been deflowered :blush:
:haha::haha: And the soreness lasts for hours!

TMI here but him being inside is the only thing that causes soreness. Everything else still feels really good. My libido has been so high :blush::blush::blush:

Hello ladies!

I thought I was for sure going to have a May baby since my EDD is May 15, but I've been having frequent contractions all week and cramps and today my doctor said my cervix is starting to thin and it's likely she'll be here within the next two week! I hope she decides to stay in longer but it's not looking I'll make it to May...oh well! (Though I probably jinxed myself now :haha:)

Nits, that is interesting! But yeah I'm glad we did do it before baby gets here at least. Was surprised hubby had enough libido, his has always been low. I don't have much of one either though, unfortunately. But I never had a super high one to begin with.

Amy has been moving like crazy, hope she decides to get head down. I think I'm getting some "practice contractions," basically, I am having menstrual-like pain. It's not much and it only happens a few times a day, so I am not worried. I don't call them BH because they hurt...

Anyway, having a nice relaxing day here =D

I've heard BH can also hurt a bit. They don't necessarily but they can. Practice contractions are practice contractions anyway. The body is just getting ready. :) Good for you!

Doctor appt today! :happydance: Can't wait to hear how it's all going downstairs.

OT - Hubby has just left for a 4 day trip to see his Dad in Ireland :cry: I'm seriously going to miss him. Earl isn't hard work, and I enjoy the time as just the 2 of us, but I already feel like someone has taken my left arm! It was our wedding anniversary yesterday, and we didn't really celebrate as we're short of cash and he was leaving at 6am today. Poor little boy is up too to say goodbye to Daddy and is now watching Monsters Inc with a bowl of shreddies! lol. He'll be back in bed before midday I reckon! lol - for that matter so will I! :haha: Just have to get to Monday tea-time. A little upset that hubby is missing my MW appointment but they've been so inflexible I have no choice but to go on Monday afternoon - he wont be home til about 8pm. May ask for a second 'birth plan' appointment to get hubby in on, it doesn't feel right to do it without him. :nope:

Anyway, enough of the pity party lol.......missing hubby but otherwise feeling a lot better. Ear not acting up nearly as much. Went to see the nurse yesterday and she has said it appears to be clearing but very slowly due to the low dose drops - which incidentally she had to call the hospital about as they weren't sure if I was even allowed them in pregnancy! :wacko: Turns out I am, but at VERY low doses! Bonus is, and even Edwina said this, becuase I'm in the 3rd tri, chances of any issues arising is minimal as 'everything will already be there!' - nice! :dohh:

Nits - I know! I am having him by c section anyway so it doesn't matter if he comes out 15lbs but I don't get why she keeps going on with herself about it!

Aimee- that's rubbish your dh is away :( I'd hate it if mine was away that long! Glad your ear is clearing up though xx

Well I've had another crap nights sleep! Don't think I've had more than about a 20 minute stretch all night, been so uncomfortable and needed to get up and wee about a million times, LO kept waking up and then spilt juice all over our bed, I even woke up to turn over at one point and his head was in the bend in my knees cus he had shuffled so far down the bed! He has a toddler bed and I'm too tall to lie down on our sofas so there was no escape for any peace :(

My mum is picking him up tomorrow til Sunday tea time, I feel bad but I know he will have a nice time and i really need a break!
He also got up at 6am when dh got up so I'm sat downstairs now soo tired and he's asleep on the sofa!!! :(

Boothh - Sorry to hear you're having such trouble sleeping. Earl had me up in the night (unusual for him) because his pillow had fallen off the bed :dohh: Once I'd put it back he went straight back to sleep thank goodness. Only got 5 hours last night though as by the time we got to bed after sorting out hubby's packing it was nearly midnight, then we were up at 5! :wacko: Off to bed at 8pm tonight I think after a bath and a girly movie - only good thing about hubby being away is that I get the bed, and the TV lol, all to myself!

ladies can i join your group? im jodie and after 0 years of being told i could not have children due to PCOS i actually conceived naturally even after having no periods :) im due my lil girl 17th may and so excited xx

Hey bumpbuddy!! Due 17th May too! :thumbup:

oooooh congrats huni, is it your 1st? im due my 1st (lil girl) 17th may and from manchester, what pram you have? ive just received my silvercross surf, went for classic black as it will look luch with all her pink blankets/toybars etc, and just finished nursery too, well apart from canopy above cot and few pics :)

Attachments

• nursery half finished.jpg
    nursery half finished.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 5
ladies can i join your group? im jodie and after 0 years of being told i could not have children due to PCOS i actually conceived naturally even after having no periods :) im due my lil girl 17th may and so excited xx

oooooh congrats huni, is it your 1st? im due my 1st (lil girl) 17th may and from manchester, what pram you have? ive just received my silvercross surf, went for classic black as it will look luch with all her pink blankets/toybars etc, and just finished nursery too, well apart from canopy above cot and few pics :)

2nd for me, first was a boy who is now 2.5 and is sat giggling at Pixar's Up! lol

We still have Earl's Silver Cross 3D and we also have a little folding stroller thing that comes in handy with Earl at the moment as I can't carry him. The 3D has been put aside as it needs a clean and re-shaping to it's pram setting lol. Love my 3D - so glad its lasted as well as it has (and it's taken some punishment let me tell you, Earl wasn't a lightweight and for the best part of a year it had a weekly shop hung off it every friday! lol).

We're team yellow (again) so we have everything, it just needs washing and setting up. My hubby is away (as I put this morning) this weekend so I intend on doing that this weekend. He gets bored by that kind of thing whereas I'm nesting! lol Also need to pack my hospital bag, baby's bag and Earl's overnight bag for going to Granny's lol. :haha: 5 weeks doesn't seem long enough for all that! lol

How are you holding up? I find this bit the most exciting but it's horrendously tiring and uncomfortable at times.

2nd for me, first was a boy who is now 2.5 and is sat giggling at Pixar's Up! lol

We still have Earl's Silver Cross 3D and we also have a little folding stroller thing that comes in handy with Earl at the moment as I can't carry him. The 3D has been put aside as it needs a clean and re-shaping to it's pram setting lol. Love my 3D - so glad its lasted as well as it has (and it's taken some punishment let me tell you, Earl wasn't a lightweight and for the best part of a year it had a weekly shop hung off it every friday! lol).

We're team yellow (again) so we have everything, it just needs washing and setting up. My hubby is away (as I put this morning) this weekend so I intend on doing that this weekend. He gets bored by that kind of thing whereas I'm nesting! lol Also need to pack my hospital bag, baby's bag and Earl's overnight bag for going to Granny's lol. :haha: 5 weeks doesn't seem long enough for all that! lol

How are you holding up? I find this bit the most exciting but it's horrendously tiring and uncomfortable at times.

awww yes i was going to opt for the 3d but decided on the surf as its a bit more modern and better for the car :) i have already had my hozzy bag packed as had a scare other day with some bleeding and leaking, they are not sure if im in slow labour and am on monitoring every few days to check if its getting more established, im very uncomfy at mo as she is fully engaged already and her feet under my rbcage ouch , how bout u? xx

:hi: everyone and welcome to the newbies!! I am guessing most people are on Mat Leave now? It is so busy in here :wohoo: I must do a routine update! ha!

Welcome and congrats to all new members, it must have been a rollacoaster for a lot of you guys too so I am glad you have all found the thread in time for the big dipper ;)

Hoping everyone who still has breech babies and are wanting vaginal births get their LO's to turn! Acupuncture is a great idea - I can't remember who said they were doing that? But I hope it works :hugs:

Nits - Glad your BP is under control :hugs:

Boothh - It is impossible to tell you how big your baby is by palpation, yes growth charts give an indicator but take me for example - I measure little with A and she was 8lb 15oz and this one is measuring super small but on the USS it is measuring just above average so it really is only a guide, USS can be out by a lb either way too - your MW is a little silly saying that because she can't guess :grr: if you weren't having a C/S you could get really freaked by her saying these things :grr:

Kendra - well done on DTD we haven't for ages either but going to start soon to try and help things along and to have some before baby is here and I am sore for birth but I do expect it to be sore! Any news on job front?

aimee-lou - sorry your feeling lonely without your OH :hugs: hopefully the time will go quickly, at least you have the entire bed to yourself!!!

Vesper - hope your dr appt goes well :hugs:

Kiwi - Sorry you had such a long wait to hear about baby's kidneys but glad they feel it will all be ok xx

AFM - I am okay - sleeping in most days as exhausted and feel like I haven't slept - up a lot in the night to PU and hard to get back to sleep and have very disturbed sleep as everytime I move I am almost in tears with pain of the SPD :cry: but hey ho…!
Baby was really quiet on Mon and Tue and stupidly I did not go to the hospital (any of you that know me really well will know how stupid and contradictory that is of me!!!!) Anyway I was all up for going in on Wed after my morning meeting with my PT and all through meeting bubs was wriggling and has now gona back to its normal self but I will def go back in for a CTG if it happens again :dohh: I was very silly!!!

Hope everyone has a nice day today :hugs:

:hi: everyone and welcome to the newbies!! I am guessing most people are on Mat Leave now? It is so busy in here :wohoo: I must do a routine update! ha!

Welcome and congrats to all new members, it must have been a rollacoaster for a lot of you guys too so I am glad you have all found the thread in time for the big dipper ;)

Hoping everyone who still has breech babies and are wanting vaginal births get their LO's to turn! Acupuncture is a great idea - I can't remember who said they were doing that? But I hope it works :hugs:

Nits - Glad your BP is under control :hugs:

Boothh - It is impossible to tell you how big your baby is by palpation, yes growth charts give an indicator but take me for example - I measure little with A and she was 8lb 15oz and this one is measuring super small but on the USS it is measuring just above average so it really is only a guide, USS can be out by a lb either way too - your MW is a little silly saying that because she can't guess :grr: if you weren't having a C/S you could get really freaked by her saying these things :grr:

Kendra - well done on DTD we haven't for ages either but going to start soon to try and help things along and to have some before baby is here and I am sore for birth but I do expect it to be sore! Any news on job front?

aimee-lou - sorry your feeling lonely without your OH :hugs: hopefully the time will go quickly, at least you have the entire bed to yourself!!!

Vesper - hope your dr appt goes well :hugs:

Kiwi - Sorry you had such a long wait to hear about baby's kidneys but glad they feel it will all be ok xx

AFM - I am okay - sleeping in most days as exhausted and feel like I haven't slept - up a lot in the night to PU and hard to get back to sleep and have very disturbed sleep as everytime I move I am almost in tears with pain of the SPD :cry: but hey ho…!
Baby was really quiet on Mon and Tue and stupidly I did not go to the hospital (any of you that know me really well will know how stupid and contradictory that is of me!!!!) Anyway I was all up for going in on Wed after my morning meeting with my PT and all through meeting bubs was wriggling and has now gona back to its normal self but I will def go back in for a CTG if it happens again :dohh: I was very silly!!!

Hope everyone has a nice day today :hugs:

hey huni thanks for the welcome, hope you are well, nice to share this emotional rollercoaster with others :) xx

Is it May yet :rofl:
I just want to get on with the next stage, having a newborn again. I'm not massively uncomfy until I go to sleep, it's just the needing a wee every 2 seconds !!

It's lovely to see all the new people!! xx

:rofl: FF it will be very soon! Your bubs could come any day now! Have you started eviction or are you just waiting it out? When did your boys arrive - early on time or late? x

I love the phrase 'eviction' lol. :haha:

I would love it to be May but considering I've just spent the last 2 hours on and off sorting through all the baby things, and I've discovered that I have approximately 10 loads of washing to do, I could do with a few more days at least. :blush: Also other issues means that baby is not allowed to contemplate entering the world prior to the 19th April, otherwise they'll have me to answer to! lol :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->