*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Maternity leave starts for me on the 1st May, but my last shift is 26th April. I did want to go until my edd on 9th May, but my manager felt that the 1st was easier. I only work 2 days a week, so its not like I need the time to get ready. I start eviction proceedings next week. I have GD, so have been advised to start hand expressing in case baby needs help once he's born. I'm also going to be taking rlt to get my cervix ready. I'm hoping to avoid a section this time. And if I am induced, they won't be able to use a pessary as I had a section last time. It's mad to think we're on the home stretch!

Aimee - you have no idea how jealous I am that you have the bed to yourself!! Well dh finishes work at 1pm on Fridays, we've just got back from taking LO to the playground so I've left them to it and come upstairs for a nap and abit of peace :haha:

Jodielovescar - I love your nursery! It's do cute :) our LO is going to share with us and then his big brother so I havnt been able to do a nursery :( all his stuff is still in bags and boxes! Really need to put everything up in his corner of our bedroom!*

Aimee (again!!) I had completely forgotten I'd need to do LO a bag :dohh: so glad you wrote that! Another thing in my to do list now haha x

Jai_jai - thanks! I know that's what I thought, it doesn't really affect me but if she goes round offering her opinions it might scare someone else! I wouldn't mind but she's the special midwife that is for people who've had PND or anxiety etc so she's not exactly doing her job and reassuring!*
Glad baby is moving properly again and put your mind at rest! And I totally sympathise with the sleep thing x

FF - :rofl: I think you've got about another week left, definitely can sense an April baby for you :p

4 weeks today!! Scary scary scary! Next week is 3 weeks and that seems way too close for how unorganised I am, consultant app next Friday too! x

:rofl: FF it will be very soon! Your bubs could come any day now! Have you started eviction or are you just waiting it out? When did your boys arrive - early on time or late? x

:haha: I dint really do eviction as such, but doing EPO and RLT to help labour and have no choice but to be very active with having a toddler :haha:
Both boys came spot on 41 weeks!! So could be exactly the same!! x

Aimee - you have no idea how jealous I am that you have the bed to yourself!! Well dh finishes work at 1pm on Fridays, we've just got back from taking LO to the playground so I've left them to it and come upstairs for a nap and abit of peace :haha:

Jodielovescar - I love your nursery! It's do cute :) our LO is going to share with us and then his big brother so I havnt been able to do a nursery :( all his stuff is still in bags and boxes! Really need to put everything up in his corner of our bedroom!*

Aimee (again!!) I had completely forgotten I'd need to do LO a bag :dohh: so glad you wrote that! Another thing in my to do list now haha x

4 weeks today!! Scary scary scary! Next week is 3 weeks and that seems way too close for how unorganised I am, consultant app next Friday too! x

Thanks hun still a few bitsto do but doing them on matenity leave wen i finish next friday :) currently sat at my desk with backache and swollen feet...not to mention heartburn :( xx

Hi everyone :wave:

You girls seem so organised compared to me! I am going to start moving house next week and pretty scared by how long it will take.

LO will be getting my son's cot bed and changing table/drawers and I will have to buy him a new closet. As pur new house is bigger I will also have to buy some couches for the living room downstairs as well as a coffee table. Oh and our bed broke :dohh: so I need to get a new one :dohh:

Anyone worried about coping with 2 kids?

Getting scared...

Good luck with the move hun hope it goes well - yes I am very scared about coping with 2 children! :shock:

FF - :rofl: aaah well lets hope She is no later but I think she might come on time or even a little early :haha:

Thanks! This pregnancy is going so quickly and I am trying not to panic when I think of all the stuff I have to do before having this baby :shock:

So I am SUPER EXCITED!!! Totally not pregnancy related, but I just had to share!

OH and I have been together for nearly 12 years. We have tried several times to plan a wedding but every time we did, it got so complicated that we just said "forget it" First time, I had to finish school, the second time SIL stole our wedding date, third time the location we chose was too inconvenient for some people and I got fed up with all the bitching (we had tried to plan a destination wedding). Fourth time we were just going to go to City Hall and have no one there, but our mothers cried "no fair"

So today we have FINALLY figured out a way to get married, on our terms, and be able to include the people we really want there, without having all the BS that popped up in the past!!!

And we picked out (and BOUGHT) our wedding bands today!

So Im getting married Aug 18!

2 kids meh!! :rofl: I'm concerned about 3, a husband and a dog :rofl:

Seriously you'll find it just works!! X x

2 kids meh!! :rofl: I'm concerned about 3, a husband and a dog :rofl:

Seriously you'll find it just works!! X x

I kind of feel like the baby is already here lol. Hubby is home most of the time as he's a full time student, and with all the housework, chores, shopping and an epileptic dog to look after, what's one more in the mix! lol :haha:

My hubby helps out a lot as he works from home. Bobby is super attached to him, it's really sweet :cloud9: I am worried about the jealousy and I really don't want him to feel left out :(

Bumpin, that's AWESOME! =D

sorry to ask, ladies, but what do you mean by "eviction"?

34 week photo update! My belly is starting to look huuuuge. I definitely don't feel that big. The one with the black shirt is 32 weeks, the one outside is today.

Attachments

• 32 semanas perfil remera.jpg
    32 semanas perfil remera.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 34 semanas perfil 1.jpg
    34 semanas perfil 1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 4
FF: Hahaha, whats one more in the mix right? I'll be trying to cope with OH, a cat, 2 dogs and a baby! Life will not be dull!

Nits: when I say eviction, I mean I'm doing the things that *might* bring on labour. For me, Im doing a LOT of walking, sitting on an exercise ball and squatting exercises to encourage baby's deeper into my pelvis, and theoretically, encouraging effacement. Im taking RLT capsules and EPO, and in general giving all those old wives tales for natural inducement a go (within reason - No castor oil for this mama!)

Thanks ladies for the congrats! This is the 5th time i've tried to plan a wedding and its going to be the LAST! Everytime we had so many people complaining about how inconvienient it will be for them, so this time we made it clear that this is the last time we are planning one! If we hear one complaint, they are welcome to not come, and if we hear a lot, we're going to city hall on our own, and everyone will find out after the fact! So Im thrilled that this time we might actually get to have a proper wedding!

As far as the job thing, not so well. Been a bad day, two of the three jobs I interviewed for last week I got notices back from that I wasn't the top candidates but that I should keep applying. Ugh. All hope for a job to come back to after the baby gets here is starting to dwindle.

I am jealous of you ladies w/ maternity leave. Even if I had benefits like that at my current job you don't get any pay unless you're on bed rest or something like that and you can get disability, the only paid leave you would get is after baby is born. We don't get any time beforehand. I get to struggle and work until the baby gets here. I can barely even walk at this point let alone go up and down stairs several times a day :( I am miserable.

On a positive note I have the diaper bag packed, now just need to pack myself a hospital bag and I am set! I would say I am about 90% baby ready as well. Just need a pump.

Anyone worried about coping with 2 kids?

I have thought about this a lot. I think I'm most concerned about splitting my attention but I know that it will come as the routines put themselves in place. I've also been holding a friend's newborn a lot and have noticed many times when I need to dart after my toddler and I hav the baby too. I'll be babywearing a lot I think! I'm still nursing my toddler so I'm hoping that that will help reduce some of the sibling jealousy. Lately I've just been wondering what #2 will look like and what kind of child he will be.

And we picked out (and BOUGHT) our wedding bands today!

So Im getting married Aug 18!

:happydance: Congrats!

I am jealous of you ladies w/ maternity leave. Even if I had benefits like that at my current job you don't get any pay unless you're on bed rest or something like that and you can get disability, the only paid leave you would get is after baby is born. We don't get any time beforehand. I get to struggle and work until the baby gets here. I can barely even walk at this point let alone go up and down stairs several times a day :( I am miserable.

On a positive note I have the diaper bag packed, now just need to pack myself a hospital bag and I am set! I would say I am about 90% baby ready as well. Just need a pump.

Yay for being so baby ready! :happydance: Helps reduce stress! I'm sorry to her about the maternity leave. It makes me so angry that we have such a horrible system in the States for this particular stage of life. Not for the first time, I find that I am so thankful to be an expat.

AFM, I'm feeling lazy too write to much right now but my appt went fine. Baby is still head-down and doing fine. Cervix is slightly softened and a tiny bit open (which is common with 2nd timers) but hasn't shortened at all and the baby hasn't dropped or engaged yet. All normal for 36 weeks. I may go to get checked more thoroughly at the hospital (mostly to reassure me) about the area that tore before since I'm a little concerned about whether or not I can expect the same degree of tearing again.

Congrats on setting a date bumpin :happydance:

Vesper - I spend so much time wondering what this baby will look like at the moment, jess is the spit of his dad but has my eyes. Keep wondering what mixture of us this baby will be :haha:

Well I was getting regular contractions last night!! Pretty mild, started around 8pm and were every 3-5 minutes between 40-60 seconds! Went for a walk etc and lies down drank water and all that and they were still coming. I managed to get to sleep and they seemed to have gone now! Was in slow labour for weeks with jess so still don't think he's coming any time soon. On the plus side dh suggested we go buy all the rest of the baby things today that we still need lol. I'd be happy if I hadn't had horrible leg cramps all night so not really up for shopping all day haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->