*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

well, we're back from my 38 week appointment. Im 2 cm dilated, and my cervix, is soft, but long. The dr I saw (for the 2nd week in a row, NOT my own...grrrr....) offered to do a sweep. Oh MY, That was uncomfortable!!! So now we wait! I dont think he was too optimistic about it working, and really I dont feel any different than I did this morning.

Anyone have a successful first sweep?

Fairly good news there tho, at least you're dilating!!!
I did with Noah, but I was 40+6 and it took 12 hours from sweep to waters breaking!!, he was born 2hts 56 mins after that!

xx

Hubby's home, and I think being home he's given in to the fact that he is actually injured. His collarbone is clean in two - keeps getting worse doesn't it! and the poor guy can barely move. Earl doesn't know what to do with himself as everything hurts Daddy, so he just keeps fetching him toys and asking if he feels better now. Very sweet of him.

It's going to take 6-8 weeks to heal - the first 4 of which he's not allowed to move it much! Ermmmmmm.......hate to point this out but I'm due in 4 weeks lol. Please stay in baby....otherwise I'll have to get the bus to the unit! lol

Oh no Aimee! That really is rubbish, typically I bet baby comes abit earlier now though! How sweet of earl, it's hard when they don't understand isn't it, it's kind of what I'm worried about with jess after csection him not understanding I'm not able to do as much! Hope your OH is feeling better soon x

Sorry its a bit late but HUGE congratulations Diana, she is a total poppet!! As others have said it's a shame your L&D didn't turn out as you hoped but it sounds like she was footling breech and there really isn't anything other an c-section they can do :hugs: Wonderful news she arrived safely though and I really hope your recovery goes well and you get to go home asap xx

Typical - after saying last night about not being early I had a set of full on practise labour pains which lasted a couple of hours (contractions and backache, 1-2 mins each 6 mins apart! :wacko:). I had to get out of bed and sleep on the sofa so as not to disturb hubby, then baby decided to get wedged under my ribs afterwards (like trying to give a cat a bath I reckon - all 4 limbs in different directions - you'll not get me out of here! :rofl: ) I think it was all the stress of yesterday. I'm petrified now that they'll either come early or I'll end up with a c-sec, in which case neither of us will be any use to anyone.....guess operation baby eviction isn't such a good idea lol.

Anyway, have to take the invalid up to fracture clinic today to get checked out. Best go and get us all ready.

How's everyone else doing? :blush:

Oh Aimiee Lou! Is there anyone around that could give you a hand if needs be?

Aimee, get as much rest as you can, same for oH and then when baby does come you'll both be in best shape you can be.
Do either of your parents live near? Or a close friend?

xx

Ah shit think iv lost some of my plug like properly! I've been losing bits but this was abit more than normal and had pink bits in! Tmi I know but ive just had abit of a dodgy tummy in the night and not very nice toilet experience so I'm paranoid now that I'm having a clear out. He can't come yet his car seat is 30 miles away and its £20 to the hospital I've got no money til Friday <_<

Booth, I lost some plug at 34 weeks and nothing since, I hope it's nothing for you too.
If you start to feel crampy, maybe call the MW. xxxx

Iv already been losing bits but not had any that has been pink or looks like there could be anything bloody at all about it, I never saw my plug with Jesse cus it came out on the MW hand when she checked me in labour LOL

I've dropped over night too, I can fit my hand flat between my boobs and bump now when I'm stood up and last night there was no gap between bump and boobs :/ maybe that's why something come out cus he's got his head right low now?

Aimee: Poor hubby and poor you :( Earl sounds so sweet :) Bless him! Have you had anymore signs?

Bootth: I have no experience with the mucus plug from last time so I can't offer any advice but hopefully the baby stays in till you are ready :hugs:

Congrats Diana, glad your both well and she got here safely

I had another growth scan on Monday, baby hasnt gained alot of weight from our last growth scan and is just above the bottom line of the growth chart (4lb 10oz) she was alittle concerned so would like us back in 2 wks for another growth scan to make sure baby isn't below that bottom line.

Hope everyone els an bumps are well x

Booth, Hope baby stays put at least until Friday =)

Aimee, have you talked to anyone to help you when baby comes?

YoungINmum, I always hear that growth scans are not super accurate anyway. Don't worry about your baby (I know, easier said than done). I'm sure everything is fine :)

I'm going in for my third u/s in three weeks to check my AF. Her movements have totally changed. I am not getting kicks to my privates anymore and yesterday i SWEAR i got kicked in the ribs. It had never happened before... She was very very active for a couple of days... here's to thinking she may have turned!!!
(I'll update you after the u/s today, I don't want to get my hopes up :haha:)

Congrats Diana, glad your both well and she got here safely

I had another growth scan on Monday, baby hasnt gained alot of weight from our last growth scan and is just above the bottom line of the growth chart (4lb 10oz) she was alittle concerned so would like us back in 2 wks for another growth scan to make sure baby isn't below that bottom line.

Hope everyone els an bumps are well x

Hope everything is okay, my experience of growth scans have been inaccurate, I had a scan at 39+2 with my LO and they told me he was 3 weeks behind and wouldn't weight more than 6lbs at birth! Well he was born at 40weeks exactly and was8lbs 9oz so unless he had a massive growth spurt in 5days the scan was way out! Try not to worry too much. x

I've never had a growth scan, but I have heard that they're not wholly accurate.
x

Thanks everyone - I'm not too worried at the moment. No other signs apart from feeling very big and tired (to be expected lol). I know my MIL would be round in a heartbeat if we asked for help so I'm not worried about that either (she's having Earl in labour, so I'm sure she'd come and help out if needs be). Anyway, baby can't come yet, I'm not even full term yet! lol :wacko:

Fracture clinic was ok. Hubby has to go back in 2 weeks to be re-examined and to see if he needs his bone pinning but they're hopeful they'll actually be able to refer him to physio instead :thumbup:

Thanks girls, I'm just happy they are keeping an eye on this LO. They sent me for an emergency scan at 38wk with my daughter they told me she was 2wks behind in growth and her estimated weight was 2lb odds, she came early at 39+4 weighing 5lb 12oz.
So ino to take there estimated weights with a pinch of salt, I'm just happy getting to see baby so much :)

I cant believe the first may mama has givin birth!
x

The weight prediction was way of for us with B as well. They predicted he was 8.5lbs at 37 weeks and he was born at 39 weeks weighing 7lbs 3oz.

Well been getting a few cramps this afternoon, had a really stressful few hours though so trying to put it down to that, going to go for little walk with LO so he can splash some puddles, then have a bath and hopefully they will settle down abit, not lost much more so hopefully it's just him dropping down x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->