*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

:happydance: Go jai :)

Just had my 38 week antental and it didn't go as planned :( I have had severe itching and I mentioned it to my GP, when she checked my urine something showed up that indicates there may be a problem with my liver. One of the symptoms is severe itching, I itch so bad sometimes I make myself bleed. So she has taken my blood and I should get the results tomorrow. If I have got it it means they will inudce me as the only cure is delivering the baby. The condition they are testing for is obstetric cholestasis. X

Sorry to hear that Aidan's Mummy :( Hope your test comes back clear :hugs:

This is how I feel at the moment :haha:

https://qkme.me/3pa2o4

Aidan's mommy, there's a sticky post on third trimester about OC. If it comes back positive, they'll probably want to induce you early. I think as long as you have the baby soon, you should be fine?
It sucks when things don't go according to plan, though :hugs:

Meghan, beautiful pics! I'm glad the placenta thing didn't hurt either of you and I hope BFing gets easier. Everyone says it takes a good 6 weeks for both mom and baby to feel comfortable BFing.

Ugh. Having one of those afternoons with one of my least pleasant moods. I am seriously over pregnancy but at the same time I'm not looking forward to hours of excruciating pain followed by many months of wrecked sleep again. I just can't be positive about anything or look forward to anything at the moment. :cry: Every way I look at it in this mood is a losing situation. Thankfully my moods change everyday so hopefully tomorrow will be different if not better. Hell, who knows? It might even be a good day.

I'm just going to keep moaning on here! 8 days overdue now! :(

Rang up the hospital this morning cos I've got really bad pains in my lower ribs, it is agony when I breathe in. Also there was reduced movement... the hospital just told me to rest and it will be alright! They are useless!!!

Am going for my first sweep on wednesday so fingers crossed I will have my baby by this time next week!!

Hope all you ladies are well :) xxx

Girls I need some advice. I am in two minds about this.

I think I am going to get offered complimentary therapy (similar to accupressure/reflexology) and a sweep on the 29th when I am 40 weeks. I def want to do the complimentary therapy but I am a little hesitant on the sweep. I am not in any rush to have this baby but being a vbac they say they want to give me every opportunity to have a natural birth.

I had planned to go for a sweep at 41 weeks if nothing was happening by then but I don't know about 40 weeks. What do you girls think? I am not uncomfortable in this pregnancy and in no rush to have the baby but I DESPERATELY want a vbac.

Vesper: if your baby was born today, it'd be an awesome date to begin your countless nights of sleeplessness. =P

Zombina: Hope you're feeling better :hugs:

Modo: what's the difference between having it at 40 weeks as opposed to 41 weeks?

I don't have personal experience with sweeps but I've heard that basically nothing works until baby is ready. Was it Jai actually who had 4 sweeps and nothing? If it makes you uncomfortable though then think about it a couple days and sleep on it too. Time always helps to make big decisions. It won't def trigger labor though I don't think. How about having the therapy first and then the sweep at say 40+3 or something if nothing happens?

I've had two sweeps done now and all it's done so far is make me bleed and sore and uncomfortable. Before my first sweep I was quite comfy, but since then I've felt horrible! Im definitely a believer of baby will come when it's ready now. Just wish it was ready!!!!

Modo: what's the difference between having it at 40 weeks as opposed to 41 weeks?

I guess I want to give the baby a chance to come on their own but the doctors will start upping the pressure for a c/s by 42 weeks so 41 seemed like a compromise :shrug:

I've been offered a sweep at my next appointment (next monday) but I will be turning it down. They don't normally offer them before 41 weeks here, but because my midwife is so over-booked she has said as I'll be 40+4 it's close enough, but I'm not happy about having one tbh.

I guess I want to give the baby a chance to come on their own but the doctors will start upping the pressure for a c/s by 42 weeks so 41 seemed like a compromise :shrug:

Oh ok. Yeah, I know. They've booked my csection for 39 weeks because they don't want me to go into labor on my own, which I'm not happy with but I kind of understand their reasons.
I don't know what to tell you, but I guess sweeps don't always work anyway...

Nits- I am down 26 lbs.

Well I've gained almost twice that, I doubt I'll lose fifty pounds in a week :haha::haha:
I'll take it easy. I have a wedding in September, I'm planning on looking cute for that but I won't kill myself trying to lo too much weight too soon.

Mine was just a lot of water and not eating a lot since he's been here :(

Nits, do you plan on BFing? My toddler nursed all my baby weight right off me plus another 10kg! I was looking better than I had in years last Spring! I plan on doing that again... it comes off fast though really. You lose a lot in the birth and that first week of peeing out all the extra water. I gained a lot too and I did with my first aswell.

Nits, do you plan on BFing? My toddler nursed all my baby weight right off me plus another 10kg! I was looking better than I had in years last Spring! I plan on doing that again... it comes off fast though really. You lose a lot in the birth and that first week of peeing out all the extra water. I gained a lot too and I did with my first aswell.

Yeah, I'll definitely breastfeed, I'm actually excited that my breasts are leaking already :haha:
I know a lot of it is water retention, I have non existent ankles as proof. :dohh:

Girls, I am getting so excited! I can't sleep. I know I should be resting but just can't.

Had a very nice low-key bday dinner with Dh, my mom and a couple of friends. My mom made home made gnocchi and cupcakes for dessert. I used to love celebrating my bday with a ton of ppl but this year this dinner was just what I needed.

I woke up this morning at 5 am with a crampy feeling in my cervix. I started timing them and it was 30 seconds every 5-5mins. Now they have tapered off but still getting them occasionally. Not sure what it is as didn't get this with Bobby.

Contractions feel A LOT like period cramps. If it's the start of the birth then they will get stronger and get longer as the hours go by. Keep up posted!

Modo, fingers crossed!!!!
I've been having irregular on/off contractions for a couple of weeks now but they never got to that regular point of being 5 minutes apart. My midwife said that with breech babies you don't get as many labor symptoms (until you're really really in labor)

I'm off to my last control today. Another u/s to check the fluid and an NST. The back home for my last day an a half before Amy is born O_O
I know this sounds awful but by now I don't even want her to have turned (which I'm almost certain she didn't, her movements are the same). I am too excited to meet her on Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->