*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Yay vesper!!! Good luck!!! :)

I went and bought raspberry leaf capsules. Bit late to start taking them but I'll try anything at the moment!!!

Becki, I left you a message on FB. I am sure everything will be fine but I'm sorry little Teddy has to go back to the hospital =(

Obviously, if they choose to come (Earl was born on 40+5 and I'm 40 weeks tomorrow lol) there's not a lot we can do, but would rather not have to put hubby through re-sits :dohh:

Nits - I think it was Jenna, I've had bad hips and SI but nothing like SPD (Don't think I'd be able to cope with it so consider myself very lucky). How are you feeling? Nervous?

DH had an exam last Thursday but he had to drive me to the hospital because I woke up with a killer headache and nausea and I was concerned about pre-eclampsia.
He tried to rescheduled for yesterday or today but his professor is out of town. He was super nice, though, and told him that considering the circumstances, he can take the exam onlin :happydance::happydance: He'll do that tonight.

I don't think I'm feeling nervous today. I am just super excited. Up until last night I was scared and anxious. I woke up today with a whole new attitude, this whole day has been feeling surreal. My DH has been singing "tomorrow I'll be a daddy" :haha: and he's very excited he gets to put together the pack and play downstairs today (we have a bassinet for right next to the bed)

We are bringing the Ipad to the hospital, so you'll definitely be seeing updates tomorrow. I know she hasn't turned, because she feels just the same as always. I hope they don't have any emergencies and need to move me to a different day.

:happydance::happydance:My waters just broke at 7:30pm (Finnish time - that's 2 hrs ahead of the UK for example) :happydance::happydance:

No contractions yet though but at least I know he's on his way! NO COMMENTS ON FB PLEASE! :thumbup:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Our LOs may share birthdays after all!!!! (you're like 7 hours ahead of ET, right?)

PS: Sorry if all the smiley faces are giving someone a seizure =P

Versper & Nits: Yay!!!! So happy for you :D :happydance: Will look forward to both your updates :happydance:

oh fingers crossed ladies - nothing happening for me here but am now nice and ready for her so hope she comes soon!

Yay Vesper!! :thumbup: go for a walk and try to get things moving. Hope it goes really smoothly for you! :flower:

Nits - good luck for tomorrow. Try to get some rest tonight - it's the last full night you'll get for a while! :blush:

Nothing here either - hubby keeps shouting at the bump to 'come out!' and I get a swift kick in response. Guess we're not going anywhere just yet. Earl keeps trying to tempt the baby out with sweets too....very cute lol.

Yay vesper!!! Good luck!!! :)

I went and bought raspberry leaf capsules. Bit late to start taking them but I'll try anything at the moment!!!

I bought some RLT bags the other day and I've found all they do is cause my BH's to go into overdrive so I don't sleep and end up completely uncomfortable. I have given up lol. I didn't get them until my EDD last time but my MW said that they are cumulative so the more you take, the more effect they have. I will probably be ready to put up with the discomfort by next week, so may take them back up then lol.

vesper have you went into the hospital yet? i know here if your water breaks you're supposed to go straight in because of infection risk. i don't know if that's how everyone else does it though. super happy for you!!!!

i don't think a c-sec would be any better than a vaginal birth. at least i know with a vaginal delivery i can lift my child and do things around the house. with the c-sec you can't do anything really. i would need someone to help me with everything for weeks!

as for me, my hip has been out since my third trimester. went to chiropractor a couple days ago and it helped but its still bad enough it makes me limp. wonder how many adjustments it will take to make this go away :(

Thankse everyone!!!

I know I should be trying to sleep but it isn't happening :)
I can eat and drink until midnight, an hour from now, so I'm stayin up until then so that I can eat something or else by tomorrow at 8 I will be starving.

Anyway, I'll update tomorrow!
Monique, keep us posted too!

vesper have you went into the hospital yet? i know here if your water breaks you're supposed to go straight in because of infection risk. i don't know if that's how everyone else does it though. super happy for you!!!!

No. I didn't need to. They initially say to wait 12 hours and then call back to come in. I called this morning and since my contractions are still around 10 min apart (they started at 1130pm but I got a little sleep too) and they said that unless I get too sore and can't handle being at home anymore that I can come in to check on the baby at around noon... seems like this may be another long birth. I'm off for a walk in a few to try to get these contractions going. I'm glad I made it through the night though because now getting my toddler into my friend's care is much less stressful. :happydance:

Good luck vesper and nits! More babies today! :)

Teddy is back in hospital, he's on a bilibed for his jaundice and he was dehydrated though we are filling him up nicely now though, I'm expressing as much as I can and were topping up with formula, he's still getting all the bm I can give him so that's good enough for me!

Can I say my c section recovery has been an absolute breeze, I built it up to be so much worse in my mind, the very worst bit was the student trying to put a cannula in me and coming out the other side of my skin lol. I was up and in the shower 6hrs later, walking around that evening, could get out of bed without needing to hold anything after about 24hrs and now I barely feel anything unless I'm walking around or stood up for ages (which I was yesterday because we're at the hospital) I've been to the supermarket twice and my pushed the trolley but been putting things in and bending down to get in freezers etc. iv pushed my pram too which was easy. The first few days it hurt to lie on my side as my belly is bruised but it doesn't hurt now, and I did pull something getting out of the bath on Monday but it was okay after Iied down for a while. I'm taking minimal pain killers and I'm not sure if I even really need them any more but don't want to find out the hard way lol. The wordt thing is that its really itchy and obviously i cant itch properly haha, I'd have a section again in a heartbeat, recovery has been soo easy compared to with Jesse and I've had a much more positive time, it's really no where near as bad as people lead you to believe! xx

Ugh. I am so frustrated right now. Contractions have stopped. It seems like my body does so well with pregnancy and then just screws it all up for the birth. I had a really long drawn out time with my son and the contractions never really took off on their own. I had to get induced before my body did what it was supposed to. I had never felt such disappointment in my life. It was one of my biggest fears this time. Now it seems that I may just get to feel that same emotion again. It makes me want to cry.

Well the sweep yesterday was painful and unsuccessful as my cervix is closed :(

Am getting induced tomorrow so am terrified now!!!! :(

Back from the hospital. 3cm dilated but my contractions still haven't come back. Baby is fine. I go back tonight at around 7pm to check on the baby again. If there are no regular contractions under 10 min apart then I'll come back home and get induced tomorrow morning.

Good luck Zombina! You'll soon have your little man in your arms!

Hang in there Monique. Hopefully things will pick up again. Little man can't stay in there forever! I'll be here with fingers crossed for an ready delivery for you!

Becki, glad to hear teddy is getting is fluids and thanks for posting a positive recovery story.

Vesper, hang in there. Speaking of waiting, I got to the hospital at six, the hooked me up to an iv ( took three tries and a whole hour),took my to the surger floor, talked to the anesthesiologist. Then the OB comes and tells me we can't use the OR because the have it on hold in case the woman trying for a vbac needs an emergency csection. Last thing I knew she was at four cm... This may take all day :(
I'm trying to be nice and patient dance I'm hoping or a vbac myself next time but feeling tired, hungry, thirsty and frustrated. I begged them not to send me home but now I wondering if we should just reschedule or tomorrow...

Anyway, I'll keep u updated :)
Thanks for all your support

Ps: sorry for the typos, stupid autocorrect, and I'm typing from the ipadwith one hand.

Nits- I hope they get you in soon and that both you and the other lady get to hold your babies today!

Vesper - try to get some rest before the contractions come back and hopefully it wont be much longer xx

Not a lot to report here. I went up for my freebie scan today at the hospital and apart from one of the trainees stabbing me repeatedly in the belly button (where ALL my stretch marks are congregated! lol) with the doppler, it was fascinating. Couldn't really see much as baby is so big now, and the trainees were really challenged by it (good to know IMO). Didn't get a glimpse of what gender so we're still team yellow, and baby is showing as 'large' according to the instructor (he was an obstetrics consultant and may be on duty if I go into labour next week - Dr Breeze! lol :haha:) so he's said 8lb+ just like last time!

Not a lot else apart from lots of aches and pains but nothing labour-ish. Just my back and hips have seized so I can barely walk! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->