*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Sorry for the double post. I wanted to share that we went to the movies and brought Amy with us. She was amazing!!

We watched Brave. It's a great movie, I highly recommend it.

I think today might have been my first day home alone with the boys that really felt great. Everything went like a charm and I even managed to help distract my toddler the few times he was trying to take toys out of other children's hands. More like this please!

Weighed Eddy yesterday - at 2 weeks he weighed in at 10lb 14oz having maintained his birthweight. Yesterday at 1 month old (well, 1 month and 1 day lol) he weighed 12lb 14oz, so has put on 1lb per week! :wacko: He's got a lot of growing to do I suppose if he's to acheive double his birthweight by 12 weeks :wacko:

Also - we had our first smile this morning! :thumbup:

Saskia is still only diddy!! 9lb 13 never going so be double birth weight by 12 weeks!!

Kaceys like 9.5 lbs my friend has a old medical baby scale i dont think it has ounces lol its really old but we still tried her in it. Seems pretty accurate. Shes still drowning in 0-3 clothing but has just got to long for most of her newborn. We are moving sunday. so not looking forward to it with a toddler and a baby.

Teddy will next be weighed at our checks at 8 weeks 4 days, he was only 8lb 7oz at nearly 6 weeks I doubt he will be over 14lbs at 12 weeks lol

I don't take Eddy to clinic - I know they would tell me that he's eating too much etc etc so I don't bother We use hubby's fishing scales and a hessian bag lined with a muslin. Worked for Earl lol :blush:

So where is this idea of doubling the birth weight by 12 weeks coming from? Never heard that before. I'm pretty sure Emery will have doubled by then but they both ate/eat like little piglets! :haha:

So where is this idea of doubling the birth weight by 12 weeks coming from? Never heard that before. I'm pretty sure Emery will have doubled by then but they both ate/eat like little piglets! :haha:

My health visitor told me that's what babies are 'expected' to do. This was 2 and a bit years ago though, so it may have changed by then.

I've never heard it before either but the HV said that, I won't bother going to clinic very often, it's at the same time in the same place as my postnatal and his injections so we might as well, I know he's on the small side but healthy enough!

How much formula are the formula babies going through now? Teddy averages 5/6oz every 4/5 hours he gets about 28oz a day I think, not sure how much he should actually be having though!

Iv just looked and at 2 months they should be on about 30oz a day so he's about right, Jesse was on 54oz a day of hungry baby milk though by 2 months so it just shows they're all different, Jesse is actually quite small for his age now but was massive before he started walking. X

Eddy is averaging 7oz every 3 hours in the day, and 4 hours at night (although he went 6 hours from 6 til midnight last night!) He's having about 7 bottles a day and I would say is having about 45oz out of that. I believe he's meant to be on about 30oz according to the tin, but Earl was a big eater too. Like Jesse he was massive until he started walking. Earl's tall but nothing like overweight - he's got a skinny waist that I have to put belts onto all his jeans! lol

Eddy is a big boy too and I know that he'll just take what he needs until he's on 3 meals a day - just like his big brother. :thumbup:

Milk is better than shoving food down them too early, they take what they need x

For sure... just makes me wonder if my LO is even getting enough then.

Kendra: Gabe is eating 4 oz every 3 hours, and gee spits up a lot. I'm sure Jackson would let you know if he was still hungry. A long a he is peeing, and pooping, he's getting enough

I finally caught a smile on camera!

Eddy is averaging 7oz every 3 hours in the day, and 4 hours at night (although he went 6 hours from 6 til midnight last night!) He's having about 7 bottles a day and I would say is having about 45oz out of that. I believe he's meant to be on about 30oz according to the tin, but Earl was a big eater too. Like Jesse he was massive until he started walking. Earl's tall but nothing like overweight - he's got a skinny waist that I have to put belts onto all his jeans! lol

Big babies! Mine did/is doing the same thing. My toddler was really big before he got more mobile. Now he is tall and not big at all although he doesn't need a belt. LIttle brother is following the same pattern!

I finally caught a smile on camera!

So cute! I got one too. Love those first smiles (and all the ones after too!)

Attachments

• P1070462.jpg
    P1070462.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
And me! ;)

https://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/boothh/04e486c1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members