• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Awwwww - I really must try to get a photo of Eddy smiling - problem is every time I get the camera out Earl wants it and it's not worth the tantrums when we put it away. He's getting a camera for his birthday though lol.

Where have the last 5 weeks gone? All these babies are getting so big adn gorgeous! :cloud9:

Kendra - Don't worry about the amounts. Babies take what they need so if he's happy and growing, then you're doing a great job! It's just I seem to breed gannets with hollow legs. my bank manager wishes that he ate less. £9 every 6 days for formula (which I'm sure will go up soon too!) is rather expensive.

Oh, best go, Eddy just work up and is grunting up a storm.....nappy change required STAT! lol

Saskia had her hip scan today. Sadly she does have some level of Dysplacia in both hips. The sockets are too shallow. We have a re-scan in 4 weeks to see if bones have matured otherwise we'll see the orthorpeadic consultant.
Smile!
https://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee282/xxnicxxjd/e47e453b.jpg

I love this guy <3

Attachments

• 483391_10151002320442002_1720362436_n.jpg
    483391_10151002320442002_1720362436_n.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 3
  • 306506_10151002483057002_1354862766_n.jpg
    306506_10151002483057002_1354862766_n.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3
Sorry to hear saskias scan didn't go too well, do you know how bad it is yet? Teddy was very clicky at birth but was given the all clear at his scan, there is still time yet, hopefully her next scan will be good news! xx

Sorry to hear saskias scan didn't go too well, do you know how bad it is yet? Teddy was very clicky at birth but was given the all clear at his scan, there is still time yet, hopefully her next scan will be good news! xx

They just said they were both too shallow and to keep an eye on her legs until next scan. Hopefully will all be sorted by growing a bit!! X

They just said they were both too shallow and to keep an eye on her legs until next scan. Hopefully will all be sorted by growing a bit!! X

I hope so x

I'm sorry Nic...hopefully all will sort itself out. Maybe being that they seemed to think it was small she won't be bothered by it? Is getting hips checked a routine thing there? I've never heard of it being done here.

No it's not routine. For us it was because I was born with congenital hip dysplacia and it's hereditary. Both boys were fine but they told us its more common in girls. I wore a splint for a while as a baby. I'm hoping her bones mature and thr hip sockets fit right xx

No it's not routine. For us it was because I was born with congenital hip dysplacia and it's hereditary. Both boys were fine but they told us its more common in girls. I wore a splint for a while as a baby. I'm hoping her bones mature and thr hip sockets fit right xx

Fingers crossed for you :hugs:

I'm sorry Nic...hopefully all will sort itself out. Maybe being that they seemed to think it was small she won't be bothered by it? Is getting hips checked a routine thing there? I've never heard of it being done here.

Teddy had his hips scanned because when he was checked at birth his hip joints were clicky which can be a sign of a problem, it can be just the position they've been in in the womb too or sometimes the hip joints are slightly under developed. They scan at 6 weeks because a lot of the time the problem is sorted out by then like it was for teddy x
The scanning lady told me they like to do it early so treatments etc can be started as soon as possible to try and prevent development delays etc and because the scan takes 2 minutes they scan anyone with a risk, a click, breech babies, big babies etc x

We saw the nurse and doctor today for a 6 weeks check-up (6weeks, 3 days to be exact). All is well and Emery is growing at the same astonishing rate that his brother did! He was 7180g (15lbs 13oz) & 60,5cm long (23.8in)! :huh: My toddler was 7745g (17lbs) & 63.2cm (24.9in) at 8 weeks old so right on track but geesh! The handle on Asher's carseat broke when he was around 10 months old since he was so heavy. We exchanged it under warranty but he had switched to a toddler seat by then so this new seat is Emery's. Hope the handle holds up a little better... :haha:

Wow, Monique! Big boy!

Gabe had his 2 month checkup and his needles. He did well only cried a few seconds after the 2 nd jab. No fever or crankiness today either. He's also up to a whole 10 lbs! He's gained 20 oz in the past 10 days...which really doesn't surprise me, this child is going to bankrupt us in formula costs. He's eating 6 oz every 3 hours, even through the night! Its been over 2 weeks since I've gotten a decent stretch of sleep...hopefully thus settles down soon...mommy is tired!

wow!! Great weight gain. Saskia has been for her jabs today and put on 8oz so weighs 10lb 5 now!! x
She's sleeping amazing, It probably wont last but done 2 days of 9.30-5am Good for a BF baby xx

Don't know what eddy weighs - I'm trying not to weigh him more than absolutely necessary as he's happy healthy and eating well so I'm keeping worry to a minimum lol. I'm going to have to give him 8oz a couple of times per day I reckon soon as he's askign for more, particularly at bedtime. I had to make up an additional 4oz bottle last night at bedtime!

He tends to go from 7-8pm (depending on baths etc) until about 12-1, then 4-5. During the day he has a 3-4 hour nap usually in the morning, although it hasn't happened yet today lol, and the rest of the time he eats 7oz every 2.5-3 hours! I've taken on the night shifts and bedtime as I am a lot more strict about them lol - hubby would just have him eat whenever he wakes at night, but he wakes up a couple of times a night just for his dummy or for a nappy change, so he has 3-4 botles a night if I'm not doing it lol. :wacko:

oh and a little side note - Earl is now completely out of nappies. he's gone 3 nights dry too, so we're going to give him 1 more night and then that's it :thumbup: - we'll keep a few nappies in just in case but during the day he's even been to school in pants. Sooooo proud of my big boy!

oh and a little side note - Earl is now completely out of nappies. he's gone 3 nights dry too, so we're going to give him 1 more night and then that's it :thumbup: - we'll keep a few nappies in just in case but during the day he's even been to school in pants. Sooooo proud of my big boy!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:
Go Earl! Waiting for the day my toddler is trained. I think that having two in diapers is a def motivation to get one out of them! :haha:

Way to go Earl!

What is it with men thinking baby needs a boob or bottle every time they make a peep? OH nearly drowned Gabe in formula a week ago! He gave the poor baby 10 oz in the 2 hours I was out of the house, when at the time Gabe was only taking 4 oz every 3 hours. Poor baby had a wicked upset tummy, and was puking everywhere!

Teddy will be weighed on Wednesday so I'll be interested to see what he weighs, he's pretty much on 6oz every 4 hours now, but goes 9/10 til 4/5 most nights now so he's missing the midnight feed :)

Spent half the night in the ER with Gabe. He's got blood in his poop, is pooping every 2 hours, and is clearly very uncomfortable. They sent us home to monitor it and if things get worse to head back in. Poor baby is not a happy camper right now...

Kacey had a repeat hearing test as she failed her first one, but she passed this time :) i was worried lol. She now weighs 10 lbs and 1.5 oz. I also just found out im anemic so my doc wants to do more blood work to see how bad it is. Makes sense though as once I looked it up i realized i have had a lot of the symptoms for a good few weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->