• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

these May babies are awesome sleepers. We tauruses are the best :haha:

Bumpin, DO NOT feel like a nut job. They are the ones who are crap at their job. It makes me mad >=(

Lol, thanks Ana... I know I would think I'm a nut if I were on the other end of the phone...

Gabe is not a good sleeper... I'm so jealous of you girls getting to sleep for hours... Gabe is up every 3 hours. The last 2 nights he's been up at 2 looking for a cuddle, rather than food...

Ashlynn isn't the best sleeper either. Jealous of you girls getting full nights of sleep already!!

I'm a long way off a full night's sleep lol. Plus I think Eddy is teething already - the amount of drool coming out of that boy today is unreal! lol :dohh:

Somedays I think Gabe is teething too..

Well, I just might jinx myself here, but... Yesterday in frustration and desperation, we changed Gabe's formula... And I think it just might have worked! He's still a bit fussy, but gee not popping every 2-3 hours, the diarrhea had cleared, his poo is now a thick dark green, and he's only pooped twice in the post 24 hours! No more blood! I just hope this lasts...

Bumpin, seems like things are looking up =D Don't give up with the doctor, though! But it's great that there hasn't been any blood lately.

I spent $40 today printing photos of Amy. I'm not even working yet! But I couldn't help myself, she's so cute :)

My munchkin slept 6pm till 6am last night =) I'm a happy mummy, barring the fact i think she is teething too..not a happy Harley just now =(

Gabe finally got in to see the pediatrician today! She thinks he has a cows milk protein allergy. She's sending him for some blood work, and a stool assessment (not easy to obtain that much poo) and will be seeing us next Thursday with the verdict! While the new formula will be expensive, I'd much rather it be a simply formula change, rather than a health problem. I just hope when we change he starts being more satisfied with his food. Thus child eats like the apocalypse is coming and he's stocking up! Normally ff babies need 2.5 oz of formula for every lb of weight. Gabe is 11 lbs, so should need 28 oz in 24 hours, but he eats close to 50!!! Last night he was up every 2 hours!

Mummynash: 12 hours???? holy wow!!!!! =D

Meghan, I'm happy they are finally helping you with this. Hopefully it's just as simple as switching to a different formula =)

Meghan, did she advise a certain type of formula in the meantime while the results are being tested? Do you not meet income criteria for WIC or anything? I hate taking state assistance but I'm so so thankful that I have WIC now that my formula is $22.00 a can at Safeway.

OH, and I'm so pissed at myself last night... usually at night the baby wakes up on his own around 11-ish, and then again around 3:30, then 5:30, then 6:30, etc. So last night his last bottle was at like 9pm, so I decided I was going to wait up for him to wake up so I could give him a big feed and then sleep a few solid hours. Hubby said, just go to bed, he won't be waking up soon, I was like, nooooo... he will. Yeah. No. I dream fed him a half ounce at like 11 and 1, that's all he would take, and by 1:30 he still hadn't woken up. So I finally went to bed- baby woke up at 5am. So he slept 8 hours on his own and I missed out on all that sleep because I was so convinced he was waking up! I actually have to leave work this morning because I was falling asleep at my desk. 6 hours sleep combined in the last two nights, ugh. I came home and slept 4.5 hours!

Kendra: might be a silly question, what is WIC? I'm in Canada, so I don't think we have anything like that, and I don't think we would qualify for government assistance. She told me to keep him on the formula he is on until the test results come back. She said if positive for allergy he should be in either alimentum, or Nutramigen, and gave me a few tins of the nutrimigen. The nutramigen is 22 bucks for the 454 g can at Walmart. alimentum is 45 bucks for a case of 24 ready to feed cans. Either way we gIt's going to increase our formula cost from 40 a week to 60-75 bucks a week for formula.

Kendra: The exact same happened to me the other day. I was so pissed at myself too!!!
Also, you reminded me that i should apply for WIC.

I don't like rants but... I went to see a friend, who has an 8 month old, and she kept asking me if Amy was "on the curve," because she is so skinny. I wanted to punch her in the face for suggesting that there was something wrong with my baby. She's gainning weight and eats a lot. I feed on demand and she never goes longer than 3 hours without eating (except at night). She has plenty of wet and dirty diapers. If I fed her more, she would just throw up. Aaargh... it made me mad =(
Then she started talking about how beautiful her baby's blue eyes are and how Amy's will most likely turn brown (implying her son's eyes were much nicer).
She's the type of person who likes to brag a lot, but it bothers me when she compares our kids like that. They are both beautiful healthy babies, that's all.

Sorry for the rant.

Teddy has started laughing! And he rolled the other day from back to front! A lot earlier than jess with rolling, he was nearly 6months! He could sit up before he could roll lol

oooh, aren't their laughs the best?

Amy can only roll over when she's in our bed, since it's a very soft mattress.

So, today is a great day: I fit into a pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans!!!! :happydance:
I still have 20 lbs to go :haha: although, I swear, my boobs must be at least 5 lbs heavier =)

Anyway, just wanted to share with you

Yay for Teddy! Gabe despises tummy time... Screams the house down every time we try! I don't think he will be rolling any time soon... At least not on purpose!

Yay Ana! Your boobs probably ARE 5 lbs heavier!

Well the pediatrician called us today. Gabe is allergic to cows milk. We changed his formula today to a hypoallergenic one, and hopefully it makes a difference. I would love it if he slept better, fused less, and spit up less! I'm soooo tired of doing laundry because of all the puke!

Booo, it sucks that he's allergic to cow milk but it's nice to have an answer, finally. I too hope the change helps him sleep better =)
Your wedding is coming up soon!!! how exciting =D

We notice today that Amy can hold her head up by herself! She's getting so strong.
She had her shots yesterday. She's a bit fussy but no too bad.
She's gained 2 lbs 3 oz in the last month :happydance: and she's perfect! Pediatrician told us she looks great.
She's between 10-25%ile for her weight, 50%ile for height and her head is in the 75%ile O_O
Like the nurse said: She's tall, skinny and smart :haha:

Haha that's what the ped said about Jackson's head being in the 90th percentile LOL. Which is fine with me... I was a smart kid, my husband is horrible at math, so I'm hoping that my boy gets his book smarts from mommy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->