*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

got my scan in the morning :happydance: no idea how i will sleep im so excited and nervous

Hi Ladies!!

So we are thinking of the name Isabella Rose for our little girl.

I am so excited and I feel like time is flying, although I heard it drags in the third trimester!

Sorry if this is too personal but how is everyones weight gain? I gained nothing in the first trimester and then I started gaining pretty fast I'm up 16 lbs :shrug: is this fairly normal for 23 weeks?

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and may the new year bring us all health, love, happiness, beautiful healthy babies and easy deliveries!!:kiss::hugs:
Gorgeous name :)

With the weight, I lost nearly 2stone in first tri due to morning sickness and now I'm staying the same despite eating nearly double what I normally would :(
When I asked the mw she said its different for everyone so not to worry.

Hiiiiii girls, sorry I'm changing topics. We just got home from the U/S and mw appointment aaaaaaand, as far as we can tell, if the technician was right we are TEAM PINK :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I was ok either way but I cried when she told em it was a girl. It just hit me I am going to have a daughter!

The technician was very reluctant to say she was 100% sure, apparently she had made a mistake earlier in the day, but she showed us what should be the labia. She looked for like 10 minutes and said she couldn't see any boy's parts. Of course now I'm a bit paranoid, but oh well :shrug: Mainly, I am over the moon . Aaaaaand, she has the most beautiful nose in the world :blush:
Congrats :)

I've heard it's easier to make a mistake if they think baby is a girl. If the they baby is a boy then that's 100% right.
Someone in my family was told she was having a girl at her 20week scan and then she paid for a 4D scan and was told its definitely a boy! She's already bought girly stuff.
It happens but it won't be too common. Try not to worry :) have you got your scan pics to show us?

The technician was very reluctant to say she was 100% sure, apparently she had made a mistake earlier in the day, but she showed us what should be the labia. She looked for like 10 minutes and said she couldn't see any boy's parts. Of course now I'm a bit paranoid, but oh well :shrug: Mainly, I am over the moon . Aaaaaand, she has the most beautiful nose in the world :blush:
Congrats :)

I've heard it's easier to make a mistake if they think baby is a girl. If the they baby is a boy then that's 100% right.
Someone in my family was told she was having a girl at her 20week scan and then she paid for a 4D scan and was told its definitely a boy! She's already bought girly stuff.
It happens but it won't be too common. Try not to worry :) have you got your scan pics to show us?[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure she is right. She seemed super cautious to tell us. She took her sweet time, hehe. I uploaded pics with my post, on the prev page =D
I am tempted to book a 3d scan (the cheapest is $120) but my husband doesn't want to.

I'm :pink: :happydance::happydance::happydance: It's not 100%, she said she couldn't see boy bits and it looks like girly bits but they can never be certain with girls anyway (I already knew that) xxxx

SCAMP- Oh how exciting a baby girl!! Any names picked out?

I was told I was having a girl at my 20 week scan I never thought there was a slight chance it could still be a boy?!?! I hope not we already bought tons of girl stuff!!

Hiiiiii girls, sorry I'm changing topics. We just got home from the U/S and mw appointment aaaaaaand, as far as we can tell, if the technician was right we are TEAM PINK :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I was ok either way but I cried when she told em it was a girl. It just hit me I am going to have a daughter!

A little girl!!! Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats everyone!! Will be updating this evening when my rabble have gone to bed!1 xxxx

I'm :pink: :happydance::happydance::happydance: It's not 100%, she said she couldn't see boy bits and it looks like girly bits but they can never be certain with girls anyway (I already knew that) xxxx

Scamp, they told you the same they told me =D I'll update my baby's US so we can compare girl's parts :haha: For what i've read, if they have those three white lines, it's pretty much a girl.

Attachments

• Amy girl parts.jpg
    Amy girl parts.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 11
We are still team yellow for now, baby was moving tons so she had trouble getting measurements and we weren't able to see much of anything :( we got to look at the baby for a couple mins but that was it. So we booked a 3d one for saturday im really excited. I was so sad leaving as i wanted her to at least show us some parts but we saw the face, heart beating and legs then she was done.

Hearing how easy it is to make a mistake when they say it's a girl is making me nervous.....!

Anyone know what the risk to pregnant ladies is with chicken pox? I've found a suspicious looking spot in my daughter.......

I'm getting the living daylights kicked out of me at least 3 times per day. I have noticed that LO is awake after 10pm, around 9-10am and then around 3-4pm. It's crazy as this time I have a posterior placenta, but last time it was anterior. Earl was an active baby, but this one takes the biscuit already lol :wacko:

Is everyone feeling movement by now? I sure am!

Very regularly now! It's a nice change from my first pregnancy where I didn't feel until week 25ish... :happydance:

oh, you give me hope. I've been a bit dissapointed that my placenta is towards the front, and it's cushioning Amy's kicks :growlmad: I wish I was feeling her.

In other news, MW called me today. Apparently they didn't get very good pics of Amy's hearts or spine (she said it was because of Amy's position). So they asked me if I wanted to come back in for another u/s. She was very reassuring that everything was fine, it is just that the quality of the pics is not very good or whatever.

So, of course I've been super paranoid. her hb has always been great and I had blood done to check for Spina Bifida and it came back normal (I'm guessing, since they never told me otherwise). I still feel a bit upset about it, but at least we get to see her again this Thursday and maybe we can eeven double-check her girl parts :winkwink:

Is everyone feeling movement by now? I sure am!

Very regularly now! It's a nice change from my first pregnancy where I didn't feel until week 25ish... :happydance:

oh, you give me hope. I've been a bit dissapointed that my placenta is towards the front, and it's cushioning Amy's kicks :growlmad: I wish I was feeling her.

In other news, MW called me today. Apparently they didn't get very good pics of Amy's hearts or spine (she said it was because of Amy's position). So they asked me if I wanted to come back in for another u/s. She was very reassuring that everything was fine, it is just that the quality of the pics is not very good or whatever.

So, of course I've been super paranoid. her hb has always been great and I had blood done to check for Spina Bifida and it came back normal (I'm guessing, since they never told me otherwise). I still feel a bit upset about it, but at least we get to see her again this Thursday and maybe we can eeven double-check her girl parts :winkwink:

Yeah don't worry about the kicking. It is reassuring to feel them of course and I remember feeling kinda upset when everyone was feeling them and I wasn't. That's precisely why I added there that I didn't feel them for a very long time the first time around. I thought someone here might also not be feeling them yet or very little.

Yay for another chance to see the baby! So much can depend on how active the baby is and everything during the ultrasound so that's probably why the pictures just didn't get the best angle. Hope this time they get great shots and everything is just fine. :flower:

Yeah don't worry about the kicking. It is reassuring to feel them of course and I remember feeling kinda upset when everyone was feeling them and I wasn't. That's precisely why I added there that I didn't feel them for a very long time the first time around. I thought someone here might also not be feeling them yet or very little.

Yay for another chance to see the baby! So much can depend on how active the baby is and everything during the ultrasound so that's probably why the pictures just didn't get the best angle. Hope this time they get great shots and everything is just fine. :flower:

:flower: thaaaanks!! I woke up a lot more relaxed about the u/s today. In any case, I only have to wait for a few days.

Vespersonicca, I hate to sound like a completely stereotyping nerd but i LOVE Finnish power metal music. Bands like Stratovarious and Nightwish. I've been listening to them since I was 15 :haha:

:hi: guys sorry not been in for a while been manic with work and feeling tired, but doing anything to procrastinate so thought I would try and catch up and there is sooo much to catch up on....overall the sonographers can only be 80% sure at what the gender is when they advise which is why disclaimers are always put on the scan sheets....it is more regular to have any error on deciding it is female but not always the case as girls bits can be swollen and sometime appear boy like - the research is not much different either way....we have had both errors occur at the hospital but more so on women being advised that they think it is a girl but it comes out :blue: you can never be 100% sure until baby is here, which is another one of my reasons for staying :yellow: having said that, don't worry must will say when they are unsure or whether they REALLY think it is :pink: or :blue: and either way does it really matter as long as the baby is ok? gender shmender :shrug:

Anyway I have had my 20wk scan (pics in my journal) and everything was okay phew and massive sigh of relief the sonographer was amazing and turned the screen away at all the areas we might sneak a peak...still feeling it is another girl though :haha: I do wonder if be right I doubt it compared to our current record of most of us being wrong :rofl:

I have had nausea past 2 days, very lethargic and tired and 3rd cold already since being preg!! :grr:

SPD has reached agony now, a little earlier than I hope it would and it will only get worse :cry: but hey ho something my body does in pregnancy :shrug: so gotta suck it up and get on with it as much as I can, find it hard to say no to LO when she wants picking up etc, but I just can't do it now, far too painful!

I am too feeling LOADS and strong movements on a regular pattern and can feel on outside and even see some of them now - must have another bruiser in there :rofl:

Vespersonicca, I hate to sound like a completely stereotyping nerd but i LOVE Finnish power metal music. Bands like Stratovarious and Nightwish. I've been listening to them since I was 15 :haha:

:haha: No prob. I hear that all the time from y American friends actually. I'm an American living in Finland and married to a Finn (although I was also granted Finnish citizenship in December so I guess I am now too). I listen to a lot of everything really but am most interested in house music and dance stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->