*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Im afraid I have gained too much weight. I started at 120lbs and I am now 138!!! I have gained 18lbs!!

I feel so depressed about it today.

I feel like i may have gained some now (was really sick at the beginning so lost a lot) but i don't own a scale so won't know till later this week at my appointment. I hate having my weight taken

Im afraid I have gained too much weight. I started at 120lbs and I am now 138!!! I have gained 18lbs!!

That sounds pretty normal to me :shrug: If it makes you feel better, I started at 112lbs and now I'm at 128lbs, so I'm not far behind you in terms of gain and I'm only 21 weeks along!

Oh darling I wouldn't worry, that is normal everyone is different.....if you are going by the online thing that is just the averages....

I put on more than you by this time last time and I didn't eat rubbish etc it is just how my body reacts by the time JT was here I had poot on almost 4stone which is above the average etc blah blah but I was healthy no one noticed it and my baby was fine :hugs:

When you are pregnant it is really the last thing you should worry about as long as you keep eating your 5 a day etc then just take it in your stride - chin up :kiss:

:hugs: Thank you for the reassurance ladies. My doctor made me feel terrible she said "WOW you gained 18lbs and your ONLY 24 weeks" She told me to start eating sensibly and try not to gain much more! This is also coming from a very thin woman who has 3 children I really feel like she was being judgemental and I left the office feeling upset about my weight gain.

I feel better after reading your posts, thank you :flower:

Hope everyone is feeling great!! May is right around the corner!!!!!!!!

:hugs: I think you're fine. I will probably be around 18 lbs above when I'm 24 weeks. I gained 6 lbs during the first tri (i had nausea but no throwing up and I couldn't stomach anything but noodles, rice and potatoes). Since then, I've been gaining 1 lb each week. I'm 16 lbs above pre-pregnancy weight and I should be 18/19 lbs by 24 weeks if this steady rate continuous.

My midwife said I was doing just fine. I don't eat junk food and I'm eating a ton of fruit (and also my faiir share of chocolate :haha:). I honestly don't even look that big. People look surprised when I tell them I'm pregnant. And I feel that this steady weight gain has prevented the stretch marks from appearing too soon (although I'm sure they will be here at some point).

I figure that if I keep gaining at this rate, I should gain around the recommended 35 lbs. And if I gain a few more lbs than that I won't sweat it, I will have plenty of time to lose them. I just try to make a conscious decision every day to eat nutritious food so that Amy isn't too big at birth.

side note: My BMI was 24 pre-pregnancy.

ps ot: 12 more weeks and you'll be in the double digits for your due date! :happydance:

Some Dr's are just assinine. They are all human too, and aren't always right. As long as it isn't shooting up severely, like you've put it all on in the last 2-3 weeks (cause that could be a sign of other issues) and you're putting it on slowly there isn't anything to worry about.

A great day for us today. I had my second midwife appt. for this pregnancy today and heard a nice strong heartbeat at 140bpm. (120-160 is normal).:thumbup: My son slept through the whole appt which was pleasant and peaceful for me. He actually took a 3hr. nap! :happydance: While he slept after we got home, I applied for my maternity benefits which was also exciting and did some reading while sipping my espresso and danish. Yum!

:haha: I actually walked home in lieu of the bus as a way to feel aless guilty about the danish. I had already bought it before my appt. in anticipation of afternoon coffee so when I saw my weight gain I was feeling more than a little guilty! :blush::haha: I've put on a whopping 13kg (that's 32lbs) in 23 weeks! I just can't believe it! I really need to be careful now and stop the gain or even lose a bit. Not sure how this happened... the holidays I guess. :dohh::blush: I also gained a lot with my so though and lost it all very quickly while nursing. I ended up 10kg (22lbs) less than my pregnancy weight. At least there's hope! :happydance:

I had an appointment to today, kind of boring as he had a student in with him so took the student took my bp which took forever then nothing else really just got papers to get blood done (glucose test) and another ultrasound because the baby moved to much last time to see everything

Hey May Bluebells, I cannot remember if I posted yesterday (baby brain!) but I had my 20 week scan and after 2 gorgeous boys we are expecting a fluffy little princess! We are thrilled.
I also post in May 2012 babies and it seems that Pink is outweighing Blue by quite a lot this year.

Congratulations emma33 on your blue bump too! x

Just a quick question....why are so many people have their GTT? I am guessing its not routine as I have never had one! x

Sorry ladies I have had no internet access :(

We had scan on the 4th Jan & werent going to find out but it was hard to miss a little man ha ha so got it confirmed also his due date has been brought forward until the 16th May

Hope everyone is keeping well
Congratulations on your :blue: bump!! :flower:

Hi ladies

Just had our 20 week scan and we are expecting a baby boy who is perfect. He is healthy and thriving :) x
Whoooo congrats on team Blue!!!! :blue: Im gonna update the first post in a sec and I bet blue might have taken over pink at the mo!!:flower:

Hey everyone! I've not posted on here before but am 20+4 and due May 25th. I wanted to ask a question, this is my second pregnancy and since Sunday I have been getting awful stomach ache, like trapped wind/period pains. I'm not too worried as I'm sure it's just gas but I didn't have it in my first pregnancy so no idea how to ease it. It's almost constant and it's killing me! Has anyone else experience the same thing and got any solutions for me?? Thanks in advance!
Hello Hun! Welcome to the thread. I've had stmach aches on and off, I'm sure it's really normal but if you do feel worried go and see a MW or Dr for peace of mind! xx

Im having a baby boy :cloud9:
Lovely news!! Congratulations :blue:
Hey May Bluebells, I cannot remember if I posted yesterday (baby brain!) but I had my 20 week scan and after 2 gorgeous boys we are expecting a fluffy little princess! We are thrilled.
I also post in May 2012 babies and it seems that Pink is outweighing Blue by quite a lot this year.

Congratulations emma33 on your blue bump too! x

Just a quick question....why are so many people have their GTT? I am guessing its not routine as I have never had one! x
Lovely news!! Same as me, 2 boys and then a princess!! feels very odd but I am very pleased :pink:
GTT never used to be routine, but in my PCT -Bradford, it is now. You dont have to have it, but because i have a fairly high BMI I decided it was for the best :hugs:

Sorry not updated for ages!! Been on the phone again as wireless is so intermittent at the moment!! :growlmad:
Im past 24 weeks now which feels great. I am still 5lb less than pre-preg weight but I was over weight before so the consultant wants me to try and mainatin my starting weight anyway.
I dont think anyone should be worrying about their weight gain :hugs: Just try and eat healthy and get exercise if you can and enjoy the occassional treat xxx

All updated!!
Can you check the first post and let me know if anything is wrong or not updated! xxx

Flowerfairy my due date is 16th May hun

Pink is deffo leading but some of those wee yellows could be blue only time will tell

Xxx

Flowerfairy my due date is 16th May hun

Pink is deffo leading but some of those wee yellows could be blue only time will tell

Xxx
Thanks!! I'll change it now :flower:
I bet there are some sneaky blues in there :haha:x

Hi ladies not been on for a few days! Hope everyone is good! Not much to report here are apart from my hips hurt all the time and I can't walk far! And think we have finally found a house so looking forward to moving and starting to prepare for baby! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->