*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

My bump seems to have come from nowhere......my pyjamas no longer meet in the middle :haha:

Oh Diana,

I've gained 17lbs already and I'm two weeks behind you. Oh well. Nuts are high in calories but also high in nutrients, there are worse things.

I finally look pregnant too :happydance:

My husband told me today he's tired of waiting :haha: this pregnancy is taking a long time, :lol:

DianaM - your bump looks beautiful, I wouldn't worry about the weight gain and nuts, like has been said, are full of great stuff too :) Your bump is lush!

I definitely agree with everyone - bump has come out of nowhere in last 4 weeks - amazing!!! :haha: def look pregnant now!

I am super excited about being pregnant again and know how much of a precious gift it is and look forward to the big day, but my god it is harder 2nd time round, no time to relax or just enjoy - I seem to constantly be struggling with my 2year old and I am panicking how I am going to cope….any other 2nd or more time mothers feeling the same or those with more than 1 already do you have any tips? I think I am worrying more because I am already pretty immobile due to the severe SPD I get in pregnancy, it is already worse this time, saving grace is I will be induced sooner than "post dates" this time *phew*

Anyone in UK watch DOI? or Call the Midwife - soooo lucky to have the options etc we have now, can't imagine living in those conditions, although midwifery contained more continuity of care which is sooo much better!

Diana I don't think 18 lbs is that bad as that would be about 35 lbs total if you average the entire pregnancy... and that's pretty average!

Jai jai I watched it & cried for half of it cant wait to see next weeks

Xxx

Diana your bump looks great! Don't worry about weight gain, I think as long as you eat pretty balanced and healthy and don't spend all day doing nothing, even if you gain loads it's what your body needs and will all come off again when baby is born!

Jai - I'm getting scared too, I keep thinking especially when jess is playing up omg how am I going to handle him and a newborn and keep the house in any sort of order and manage to brush my hair haha! I think though with my first pregnancy I worries how id cope with 1 and that was easier than I expected so it think it will just come naturally!

As for me spent last night on a drip in hospital, I had horrific pains in my face I was screaming so much, it was seriously worse than labour I know I definitely made more noise, turns out I have neuralgia but being pregnant can't have the proper treatment for it, being controlled with a high dose of codeine, hopefully it will go away soon :( the type I have apparantly only affects 10 in 100,000 people and it's even more uncommon in younger people, I'm in alot of pain though even with the pain killer, and I look like a total addict as it took 2 nurses and then a senior doctor 9 attempts in total to get my canular in, they wernt gentle at all so my hands and arms a very sore and bruised now and I'm just feeling sorry for myself in general!!

What is that exactly? Like nerve pain in the face? Sounds super scary!

oh goodness boothh how horrible for you, not good.....did u have symptoms prior to preg or has it brought it on like it can with erbs palsy in the face? hope u manage to control the pain xx

Bootth, I'm sorry you're in so much pain =(
:hugs:

I figured I'll upload a pic of my belly progression this last month (18, 20 and 22 weeks). It's amazing how much it's grown.

Attachments

• 18 weeks.jpg
    18 weeks.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20 weeks.jpg
    20 weeks.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 22 semanas.jpg
    22 semanas.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 8
lovely bump nits :D

How are you feeling today boothh?

Iv never had it before, never even had headaches so it was completely unexpected and so horrible, they said it is nerve damage in the face caused by blood vessels pressing on the main nerve that comes out the brain, I have only had 1 big flare up today that lasted a few hours, the painkillers don't really work though I looked on NHS website and it says ibuprofen is safe to take in 2nd tri occasionally so iv took that too and it seems to have calmed down enough for me to eat and going to try and sleep now! I can't even swallow when it's bad even moving my hair our if my eyes feels like I'm ripping my hair out, iv never had pain as bad as that ever, literally felt like my skull was caving in, someone pulling my teeth out, stabbing in the eye and in the ear and bad pressure on my neck and shoulder, just touching my face with a finger tip hurts so bad! so weird though because it's only my right side, my left side is completely fine!

Bootth, I'm so sorry about this pain ==(

Earlier this year I had a very severe case of gastritis but we thought it was an ulcer. I didn't have the common diarrhea or anything, it was just excruciating pain in the pit of my stomach. It felt like someone was stabbing me, or as if I had a spear across my chest/stomach area. I would wake up in the middle of the night crying in pain, and nothing would make it go away. It lasted all day long.

I had to be on medication for a whole month to treat it. I guess I'm just telling you his because I can relate to relentless pain and I understand how you must feel. I hope it kind of resolves by itself. What are the doctors telling you?

They just said I can't have the proper treatment because I'm pregnant and I will probably have flare ups of it all my life now but the first time is normally the longest/worst hopefully next time it happens I won't be pregnant so I can have the proper medication, DH has had to go back to work today too so I have my toddler to look after! I'm going to take the full dose of pain killers today instead of waiting for it to get too bad, I can't do anything when it gets bad so don't want to get to that point when I have a 2yr old to look after, think we will just have to stay in bed today and watch films! Thanks for your concern everybody!
I just feel like this pregnancy iv had no let up between the hyperemesis, hip pain, constant UTIs and kidney infections, absess on my tooth, throat infection, IBS flare ups, insomnia, fainting and dizzy spells from low blood pressure and now this I feel bullied by my own body lol, I waited so long for this pregnancy and really want to enjoy it but I honestly can't wait for it to be over so I can feel better! x

Booth so sorry to hear you are going through this, it sounds very painful and uncomfortable. I hope you feel better soon and the docs are able to manage the pain properly for you.

DIANA I am the same with weight gain I started out at 119 and I am currently 139!!!!! 20lbs!!!!! YIKESSSSS I had a hard time at first watching the scale go up because I was also fairly fit and watched what I ate. I have no self control now and all I crave is sugar and chocolate! I have learned moderation is key because I do not want to deny my cravings. I bought a dark chocolate bar and I have a couple of squares after dinner to satisfy my cravings and I stocked up on lots of sweet fruits! I too stopped weighing myself because I would go CRAZY :wacko: !!! I actually feel better not weighing myself everyday I told myself I can weigh myself once a week! :haha: so ridiculous.

Congrats to all the new, pink and blue bumps!! May is right around the corner!!!!!!:happydance:

Boothh it sounds horrifically painful :hugs: I wish I could take it away…it sounds like preg could have triggered it….with the blood vessels expanding and being more lax to allow for extra blood flow and at a faster rate they tend to push on other things like nerves and everything is so tightly packed in your face and neck :hugs: hopefully it will ease and you won't have too many episodes it must be so hard to look after Jesse at the same time :hugs: thinking of you and really there was something I could do.

I am pleased with my weight gain this time as I had already gained over 2 stone by this point last time….:haha: so maybe it means I am having the opposite and it is :blue: and my maternal instinct is wrong of :pink: :dohh:

Wouldn't worry about gaining weight, although I am happier with mine this time I wasn't worried last time so you guys should just embrace pregnancy and you were very healthy weights before so don't worry it is normal to gain a few extra if you were lighter in the beginning :hugs: keep :munch: what you want, only time you will do it! xx

Those of you who are stressing over weight, I say, forget about it, you were in great shape before that and if will be about the same after, especially if you breast feed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->