*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Zombina. What help do you need? The MW should be answering any concerns hun. They mainly just want to check baby is measureing roughly right and that you have no issues. if you're sailing through the pregnancy without any issues then she doesnt do anything as such. It's nice if you get to listen to the babies HB tho :hugs: xxx

Well it seems to be when I ask about certain things she's as bad as the doctors with the whole "it's part of pregnancy" thing... I dunno, maybe it's just me expecting too much but I thought they'd be more full of questions about how you're doing rather than getting you in and out as quickly as possible!

AND, she's always late :growlmad: grr!

We do get to hear the heartbeat tho but it seems people on here seem to get more out of their MW than I do! xx

if she is always late then she can't be rushing people in and out, if you have a genuine concern that she doesn't or can't answer then you should question it etc but if things are going well then they are really just doing the job...if she checks you over asks how your feeling and takes your BP then she is doing her job.....when/if you have a worry or when you get later on and need to discuss induction dates etc or need a sweep you will prob be the one making her late :haha: but don't worry I am sure you will irritate someone else in the waiting room :haha:

I meant by making her late by discussing important off the norm subjects not because you will purposely irritate someone - sorry that came out wrong :dohh: :hugs:

I meant by making her late by discussing important off the norm subjects not because you will purposely irritate someone - sorry that came out wrong :dohh: :hugs:

Haha at first I was like "how rude!" then realised lol! :haha: xx

phew! :haha: glad I explained my "not thinking before I type thing" :blush:

When I got a bill for my Dr's visit the other day I was shocked that it actually says "10 minute office visit" and it was almost $100!!!! 10 minutes? Just doesn't seem like enough :(

Really Kendra? Wowza! We moan about the NHS, but at least we have one!

Wow Kendra!!
Zombina, I think when you read this forum there are a lot of women from the US and they get to see the Doctor or ObGYN miore frequently than we do and get more scans etc but they pay for that and we're very lucky to have a free NHS.
I know it's frustrating that the MW doesnt tell you much, or in my case you dont even get to see one because at your 3rd baby I'm obviously an expert :haha:
I hope next time you go they can give you a bit more time hun xxxx

Zombina, I think when you read this forum there are a lot of women from the US and they get to see the Doctor or ObGYN miore frequently than we do and get more scans etc but they pay for that and we're very lucky to have a free NHS.
I know it's frustrating that the MW doesnt tell you much, or in my case you dont even get to see one because at your 3rd baby I'm obviously an expert :haha:

Yeah I think it is that along with me expecting too much! In my head I am the only pregnant one and I require everyone's full attention lol.

Is that the reason you don't get to see the MW, cos it's your third??? That's a bit unfair really! Everyone should get to see one! xx

Zombia- I hope your MW seems a bit more supportive in future, if you do have any questions I find writing them down helpful as you don't forget and if you feel rushed you probably will forget lol. I used to :)

Kendra- Wow nearly $100 for 10 minutes, that must have been a shock. x

Yeah I think it is that along with me expecting too much! In my head I am the only pregnant one and I require everyone's full attention lol.

Is that the reason you don't get to see the MW, cos it's your third??? That's a bit unfair really! Everyone should get to see one! xx

:hugs: I think you do deserve attention!! This is your first baby!!!
Yeah, because this is my third pregnancy, i've never had any issues ect then they say i dont need to see a MW, I will see her this week at 29 weeks, then 34 I think then 40. Providing everything is fine on Wed.
It's daft really cos every pregnancy is different, my first was in 2001 and now it's 2012 so that's a huge difference in time but they said no!!!
xxx

I completely agree with the not seeing the midwife as much as with your first cos you forget a lot and also it is nice to check in and be spoiled :) plus we all love hearing that HB....

after your first you miss out a few appts so for example us "pro's" go from 16 wks to 28wks between visits then 34 weeks then 39 and 41 if we get there :haha:

I completely agree with the not seeing the midwife as much as with your first cos you forget a lot and also it is nice to check in and be spoiled :) plus we all love hearing that HB....

after your first you miss out a few appts so for example us "pro's" go from 16 wks to 28wks between visits then 34 weeks then 39 and 41 if we get there :haha:

I didnt even do the 16 week one. Saw a Consultant for a lecture on weight instead :haha:

:dohh: how annoying!!!! Silly silly :munch: away :haha:

Yeah I doubt I will have a 34wk one as seeing consultant so they won't see me :haha: aaaah the constraints of the NHS....however if I WANT to see my MW I can see her whenever they are good like that but still based in PROPER community/village aspect iygwim?

That's good. My MW are mean city based ones and when I asked for a 24 week app they said NO!! :rofl:
Anyway, I think the consultant fat talk worked cos I've only put a pound on so far :happydance:

I feel bad for you ladies who don't get the time they need with their Dr/OB/Midwife. I'd be SUPER pissed if I was paying for my visits and wasn't getting any questions answered. Even the midwives we have in my area (that my friends have had) have been amazing for them. Answer all the questions, meet with them every few weeks and follow up after the baby is born until you feel comfortable. The only downside that they "complained" about was the appointments were sometimes changed because someone went into labour or needed a house call. I'm glad we Canadian's have our health care paid for but a LOT of people take advantage of it.. Especially our Emergency rooms :( they use them like walk in clinics.. Shortest emergency room visit I've had is between 4-6 hour wait (except during pregnancy, then I get in a lot faster)
I have a prenatal appointment tomorrow and an OB appointment on Friday!! Can't wait!!

Wow it seems so far apart for your appointments there. Up till now I have had one every 4 weeks since 9ish weeks. Now they are every 3 weeks until like 33/34 weeks then every 2 then every week and thats pretty normal for most i think. But as said above me people really do abuse the health care here, instead of going to normal walk in they go to emergency rooms for nothing and you get left waiting. When my daughter was 10 months old and had to have a oxygen mask and had trouble breathing we still had to wait 2+ hrs just to be seen.

Yeah, I only got a bill because I'm between insurance. I will get to rebill to the correct insurance and won't have to pay for it, but I am also paying $350 (222 GBP for you over the pond!) a month for medical insurance right now :(

Ok ladies hopefully someone can give me advice because I have not been able to find any. I was on the motorcycle today for many hours because I wanted to get out in the fresh air... now a couple hours later there is blood on the TP... you think its just because the area is sensitive and being on the bike like that just aggravated the sensitive tissue or do you think I should be worried? I will keep checking the TP to make sure there isn't more but its worrying :(

Kendra, i would imagine due ti the vibration from the Bike you might have just irritated your cervix abit. If it's only spotting and you dont have any more I probably wouldnt worry but if it sets your mind at rest, might be better to give your doctor a quick call xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->