May/Early June Mommas

Had mine last week :)! And anti d today :( feel like a human pin cushion! Xxxx

I don't know if the whooping cough vax is standard here. My rhubella immunization ran out for this pregnancy though so I have to get a new one once baby is here. It's just odd as I was tested this summer after my m/c and it was fine but then with this pregnancy....poof...gone. Oh well.

I have to go for a second glucose screening on Monday. I passed the first test but it was borderline so going for the 2 hour test anyways. Yippee. I really wasn't expecting a problem as I was fine with DS. Can toothpaste affect results? I had fasted but brushed my teeth that morning.

Ive got the GTT on monday morning.... got to drink lucozade :( I haaaate it

Hello everyone!
Great thread! I read a bit of it and am taking now a brake to introduce myself.
I am 27 weeks today, due 28th of May and it's a girl :)
So far I have had an easy pregnancy, except for 2 nasty colds.
Since week 26 I do have heartburn, my hips hurt (some times the right one, some times the left one, so I don't get bored) and my back started to hurt two days ago as well.
I am doing prenatal yoga and use an exercise ball as well, to stay strong for the birth.
I am hoping for a natural birth at the hospital (I would love a home birth, but it's my first child and I live abroad, so I didn't want to take too many chances).
The following weeks I will find out if the baby has the same blood group as me (AB-) or if I will need an anti D. I am also in the process of changing midwives, as we moved cities. Another thing I look forward to is the confident birth courses we booked with my husband.

Now back to stalking the rest of you :D

Welcome over coco! :)

You can find out the baby's blood type before birth? Over here they only give the injection if needed during pregnancy (like if there's a trauma or bleeding) and after birth if baby is Rh +. I didn't even realise you could find out the blood group in utero!

Oh you moved cities! House moves are always stressful and more so during pregnancy; hope you're doing ok :flower:

That's the way the midwife explained it to me: After 27 weeks, there are some of the baby's blood cells circulating in the mother's blood and they can track them by getting blood from the mother. I might have gotten it all wrong though. What I know is that they will take blood from me (my arm, not my placenta or anything invasive like that) and from that they can somehow identify if she has the same or a different blood type. If she has a different blood type (which she will, because I have the most rear one out there :/) I will get an anti D injection at 30 weeks and one right after birth.

As for moving cities, we moved in October, but I chose to stick to the old midwife. Now that the appointments are getting closer to each other and I had to choose hospital, I decided to switch. I have read quite great reviews for our local hospital, so I am happy to do it :flower:

I actually just had my shot on Tuesday. They were great about explaining: they took my blood and ran it through the blood bank again to confirm the type and make sure my body didnt start to create any antibodies. She will be tested at birth and if she has a certain type then I need to get another shot incase any of her blood got into mine. If it did, my body will automatically want to create the antibodies which can increase miscarriage rates in another pregnancy. It was actually quite intense. I was there a awhile!

Thank you for the clarification! So they actually test for antibodies and not the baby's blood type. This makes more sense to me. I was confused on how they could find the baby's blood type without access to her, but then again I get surprised every day during pregnancy :D Still, my midwife is a native English speaker, she should have been able to give a better explanation. Oh well... as long as they run the proper tests I am fine.

Ok, I researched a bit more and found the official explanation of what happens with the anti D injections in the Netherlands. Here it is:

Rhesus D screening

Until recently, all pregnant women in the rhesus D negative blood group received the so-called anti-D shot in order to prevent them from producing antibodies in the event of a possibly rhesus D positive child. Whether a child was rhesus D positive or negative could not be determined until after birth by means of umbilical cord blood examination. Sanquin (the donor blood organization) now receives a vial of blood from every pregnant rhesus D negative woman in the Netherlands in her 27th week of pregnancy. The Immunohematology Diagnostics Laboratory tests whether the woman is expecting a rhesus D negative or positive child. If the child is rhesus D positive, then the woman will receive an anti-D shot in week 30. No other pregnant women will receive the shot. The post-birth shot is now also given based on the results of week 27. It is therefore no longer necessary to take umbilical cord blood to determine the child’s rhesus D blood group. This will only be done in 2012 within the scope of the national evaluation study.

(source)

I was given whooping cough vacc info at my last appointment with midwife, so I assume it's soon. Thing is i've had a virus for the last 5 weeks now which just isn't shifting so i'm wondering if they'll do it when i'm ill?

Am I the only person that gets a uti without the pysical symptoms? I dont understand why i dont get the symptoms other than protein in my urine and a high white blood cell count.

I get no symptoms for UTIs, you are not alone!

I get no symptoms for UTIs, you are not alone!

I find it so frustrating as it can be dangerous and things. I mean not feeling miserable from the symptoms is nice but i also find it to be a cause for worry.

Afternoon ladies! I had to share the news... I passed my glucose test, a close one with 121/130 but I passed and all my blood work came back perfect. Healthy momma = healthy son!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Afternoon ladies! I had to share the news... I passed my glucose test, a close one with 121/130 but I passed and all my blood work came back perfect. Healthy momma = healthy son!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yay congrats so glad everything is good! My glucose test is coming up i hate it but gotta do it just hope everything comes back normal.

Yay congrats so glad everything is good! My glucose test is coming up i hate it but gotta do it just hope everything comes back normal.

Good luck! Do you have to fast for yours? I didn't have to and made an all protein breakfast that morning; scrabmbled eggs with cheese and sausage. I'm very surprised I passed because with this pregnancy I have gotten a major sweet tooth and I was never like that.

Excellent news TeeninAZ. After all the drama I had actually getting myself tested, when I went to my consultant appointment the other day the results weren't even there!! Honestly, I've given up caring (might change my mind about that when I have a 10 stone baby though lol) x

Excellent news TeeninAZ. After all the drama I had actually getting myself tested, when I went to my consultant appointment the other day the results weren't even there!! Honestly, I've given up caring (might change my mind about that when I have a 10 stone baby though lol) x

They didn't have your results? That is so odd! I'd be fed up to with getting the runaround.

Hey all. I'm a few pages behind - if I haven't added anyone to the first post, please let me know!

I feel as though my morning sickness has come back the past few days. Anyone else experience this? I get nauseated throughout the day, particularly after a meal or snack, and most often in the evening. *sigh*

I'm also suddenly "nesting". Cleaning, setting things up, getting rid of stuff we don't need... it feels good.

Hey all. I'm a few pages behind - if I haven't added anyone to the first post, please let me know!

I feel as though my morning sickness has come back the past few days. Anyone else experience this? I get nauseated throughout the day, particularly after a meal or snack, and most often in the evening. *sigh*

I'm also suddenly "nesting". Cleaning, setting things up, getting rid of stuff we don't need... it feels good.

I haven't felt sick, but I never got the morning sickness in the beginning. But I have been feeling a lot like I did in the first trimester. I am so dead tired.

I have noticed more sickness for mine again now no nesting but did a few weeks ago. No i dont have to fast for the glucose test i will have mine done the 10th.

Congrats! It's a good feeling :)

Am I the only person that gets a uti without the pysical symptoms? I dont understand why i dont get the symptoms other than protein in my urine and a high white blood cell count.
Yes I do, it's frustrating. Happened in both my previous pregnancies and this one as well. I just get a dull ache in my bladder from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->