May/Early June Mommas

Quick question, when do fortnightly visits start happening with MW/OBs? You'd think I'd know the answer to this seems its my 3rd time lol!

Morning ladies.... how is everyone I am officially third tri now

went to the hospital yesterday to check the baby was ok as I hadnt felt him for a couple of days and I am a panicky pete. Turns out he is absolutely fine but whats happening is he is moving I just cant feel him when he lays on the left as the anterior placenta is pretty big lol
I did however come out of the hospital upset and panicky because the midwife was horrendously rude telling me how I am too "big" and there is "too much of me" and how I have to cut my portion sizes?!?! She didnt even get my name right so how does she know what portion sizes I eat grrrrrr now my anxiety is thru the roof worried about going back to delivery suite to have him now incase I get her :( she was very intrusive and rude asking if all my children have the same father...... :growlmad:

anyhoo in a lighter note we are off to get the paints for Sonny's nursery today woohoo :happydance:

Afternoon ladies! I had to share the news... I passed my glucose test, a close one with 121/130 but I passed and all my blood work came back perfect. Healthy momma = healthy son!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

That is a relief :)

went to the hospital yesterday to check the baby was ok as I hadnt felt him for a couple of days and I am a panicky pete. Turns out he is absolutely fine but whats happening is he is moving I just cant feel him when he lays on the left as the anterior placenta is pretty big lol
I did however come out of the hospital upset and panicky because the midwife was horrendously rude telling me how I am too "big" and there is "too much of me" and how I have to cut my portion sizes?!?! She didnt even get my name right so how does she know what portion sizes I eat grrrrrr now my anxiety is thru the roof worried about going back to delivery suite to have him now incase I get her :( she was very intrusive and rude asking if all my children have the same father...... :growlmad:

anyhoo in a lighter note we are off to get the paints for Sonny's nursery today woohoo :happydance:

I had a nurse like that the other day at my GD appt. I told her she was welcome to her opinion as long as she could keep it to herself. Otherwise she should go away and find me a replacement nurse. She decided to shut up thankfully!

Hello, I am 27 weeks today. So I guess I am a third tri-er now.
Well I am 35, my DHis 50. This will be our 4th. We have 1 DD who is 15 now then DS1 who is 5 and DS2 who is 2. This baby is another boy. He is due 31st May. So thats me.
:)

Yay on the nursery. I am sorry about your experience you had maybe report this to someone who can discipline her for these actions after all if your main doctot hasnt said anything then you are fine and she was very unprofessional. I would def report her for this before she says something like this to other people.

Now for my question i am seeing a midwifr at my appointments and i really like her well i know that my chances of her delivering my baby are slim to none it happened with my second i liked the woman but didnt know anything about her or anything and i really want to have someone who knows my history ect. Are there any pros to having someone i dont know deliver my baby? Or is there a way i can make sure i get a doctor that knows my history of past pregnancies and any specific details of this one? I dont think thats asking to much is it?

I don't think you can request or guarantee a certain doctor/mw if your hospital has an "on call" policy. That's how the hospitals work over here. Generally though, you get a doctor from the same office, not that it really matters. When I went into labour with DS my OB happened to be on call but by the time it came to think of actual delivery, he was off so I got someone else. She was very kind and encouraging even as things started to go wrong and made a scary time as non-traumatic as possible. I hope I get someone as nice this time.

Though I'm not a huge fan of the policy. I feel it would be more comforting if I had my regular OB delivering my baby. A familiar face is much appreciated. If I were to have another baby (which I most likely won't) I would want to try to have a m/w for that reason.

29 weeks today :) time is flying!

It would make me so uncomfortable to have a stranger deliver my baby. I chose an OB who has his own practice and only takes a certain number of patients at a time so he can ensure he personally delivers them all. We asked and he said in 20 years he has only missed 2 patient births, due to being out of town. I love that he knows me and my body, knows my concerns, we've discussed my wishes... I can't imagine not having that security.

I was under the impression that midwives were more personal than that. It sucks you don't get to choose who delivers for you. :(

Well this was actually in yhe delivery suite as they wanted to put me on a trace for a while as it was an emergency appointment. I always see the same midwife for the regular appointments at my docs surgery anf she is fantastic. I am aware my bmi is high but it always has been ive had two healthy natural births already she kept saying as this is your first and you are 28 having a first baby and at your weight...... I must of told her 5 times I have two daughters and a step son this is not a first time for me!!!! But my anxiety was awful last night I was really sick at about 1am :( theae comments they make I dont think they realise how they affect people. If she bothered to read my notes she would see I have anxiety and two children! Gosh im ranting now lol

I'm still not on the front page :-(
I had a midwife I'd never met throughout my time on the labour ward last time and it was fine. They do their jobs every day so they should be very good at connecting with people. I was lucky because I went in at the start of handover and delivered 4 minutes after what was technically the end of her shift. The registrar ended up delivering my baby but the midwife was present the whole time.
I don't think I'd be too impressed if my community midwife delivered by baby to be honest. She's nice enough and I get on with her better this time round but she doesn't really have much about her and seems to just be going through the motions rather than because she enjoys her job.

I didnt have my community midwife deliver the babies I had brilliant midwives both times couldn't fault them at all.

I only went up for a quick check of babies heartbeat yesterday. I dont know who the midwive was but I hope I dont get her by chance when I have this one. She was very opinionated and rude actually made me feel terrible

I had a midwife I'd never met throughout my time on the labour ward last time and it was fine. They do their jobs every day so they should be very good at connecting with people. I was lucky because I went in at the start of handover and delivered 4 minutes after what was technically the end of her shift. The registrar ended up delivering my baby but the midwife was present the whole time.
I don't think I'd be too impressed if my community midwife delivered by baby to be honest. She's nice enough and I get on with her better this time round but she doesn't really have much about her and seems to just be going through the motions rather than because she enjoys her job.

So sorry! I somehow missed your original post - got you on there now! Thanks for letting me know.

So sorry! I somehow missed your original post - got you on there now! Thanks for letting me know.

Think you missed me too due may 20th team yellow (not through choice) predicting girl on May 20th, 9lbs 6!

Hi Lili! I think I am missing on first page to. My due date is 28th of May and I predict that I will give birth the 10th of June :)

Sorry gals, I've added you as well.

Coco, are you team yellow? If not, let me know because that's where I added you without mention of boy/girl.

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well! Ive not been on here too much for the last couple of days... Because, well... In all honesty I've been having a right good sulk to myself!!! Just because of the discomfort I feel all the time with various pregnancy related stuff. I honestly feel like a 90 year old! Anyway I'm sure hormones didnt help but I've decided sulking wont suddenly make me feel like my old self so I may aswell at least try to be in a good mood. I hit 30 weeks on tuesday so I have a maximum of 12 more weeks left... Which doesnt seem that long but then thats basically 3 months which sounds alot longer! Funny that!

Anyway hows everyone doing? Anyone else been a child like me and sulked around? Or are you still all blooming? (Not sure I ever did bloom but oh well!)

X

I'm 27 weeks with baby #2!! I'm feeling heavy, tired and uncomfortable most the time!! I waitress and have a pedometer and found out I walk 9 miles a shift...ankles are swelling a little, but honestly it's all not too bad!! I feel like the second tri flew by!! I am ready for baby, nervous though with school, work and a five year old!! I'm lucky I have such a great support system :)

I'm 27 weeks with baby #2!! I'm feeling heavy, tired and uncomfortable most the time!! I waitress and have a pedometer and found out I walk 9 miles a shift...ankles are swelling a little, but honestly it's all not too bad!! I feel like the second tri flew by!! I am ready for baby, nervous though with school, work and a five year old!! I'm lucky I have such a great support system :)

Hi and welcome :) If you'd like me to add you to the first post of this thread, feel free to post your due date and if you'd like, a prediction of when he/she will come and how big you think he/she will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->