May/Early June Mommas

Just wanted to share some boring news/upcoming milestones:
-We got our Je Port Mon Bebe wrap this week and I am sooo excited to start baby wearing! I am sure it will take some practice, but both me and DH are determined baby wear, at least the first 3 months.

Haha, with Sophie I wanted to babywear just until she was happy to be put down. She's 16month and I'm still wearing her at almost 30 weeks pregnant! I absolutely love it. Lovely to hear your OH is keen to. Mine will only use buckles because he says wraps are too complicated x

I love baby wearing!!!!! Seriously amazing experience with it!! I wore my daughter until she was 14 months, when I got pregnant with this baby. I wish I had known about baby wearing and the benefits with my son! It sure comes in handy when juggling more than 1 child

Wow Lili you did a great job organizing everything in this thread!

Just wanted to share some boring news/upcoming milestones:
-We got our Je Port Mon Bebe wrap this week and I am sooo excited to start baby wearing! I am sure it will take some practice, but both me and DH are determined baby wear, at least the first 3 months.
-We have our first confident birth course this Saturday.
-I have a "pregnant ladies tea party" hosted by a doula this Wednesday
-I have my last appointment with my old midwives on Friday (we are changing because we moved. We are happy with them, so no drama). This is my 29 week appointment and I wonder if I will get an ultrasound or if I will get one at the new midwife practice, at 31 weeks.

So tons of baby stuff going on!

Totally agree that Lili has done an amazing job with this thread :thumbup:

OMG coco, a tea party sounds so quaint! Love it :)

I have a Hana wrap and a ring sling and I can't wait to baby wear either!!

Afternoon ladies! I have been so busy at work today and this last weekend was just as busy! I wanted to share the nursery update and the name has finally hung up and has been announced to friends and family. WOO HOO.

None of this would be done with out my DH. He's seriously done it all!! I did the name and that was it. I am one lucky girl.

Attachments

• Noah's Name.jpg
    Noah's Name.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Noah's Room 1.jpg
    Noah's Room 1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Noah's Room 5.jpg
    Noah's Room 5.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Noah's Room 4.jpg
    Noah's Room 4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 8
Love the nursery! My DH loves pirates and would have been over the moon if I had suggested a pirates-themed nursery. Yours did an excellent job! And good work on the name. I'm not crafty at all. Thank goodness for a mom and MiL who can do that for me.

We have a Peter Rabbit themed nursery. I figured that was fairly gender neutral. However, DS just had a stomach bug and I don't know what I fed him, but the barf stained purple all over his Peter Rabbit sheets and it won't come out! :wacko: Just in time for baby, too. :dohh:

BTW, I'm Starry. I haven't officially joined this thread yet. My due date is May 29th so I'm about 28 1/2 weeks now. And I'm Team Pink.:happydance:

Aww! I love it!! Nursery looks adorable and loving the name Noah!!

Can't wait to start gettings ready. I have the itch and not muh else we can do but stalk the registry until the shower. Lol

I see everyone is doing predictions:

I predict baby will come June 3 at 7 pounds 11 ounces. I also predict I will start off with my VBAC but end up with another emergency section. lol

Love the nursery! wish we had a nursery lol

Work have only just told me how to sort of maternity leave i dont understand why they wouldn't tell me how to do it weeks ago!

Thank you all so much! It wasn't meant to be a pirate theme, but more of a nautical/beach theme. My DH loves pirates too, has a few tattoos so it just gradually went that way. LOL He said to me, what boy doesn't like pirates?! I think he's got a point.

Ahh! Yay for baby wearing! I wore my first son quite often until he was a year old, then intermittently up until about three months ago, but lost my carrier. I just ordered a mei tai from Mei Tai Baby with velcro panels that you can change, I'm soo excited to get it! I'm definitely test driving the carrier with my first son before my second is born! :)

Wow love that nursery! It's so cute :haha:

We love babywearing too! Still carrying my ds2 in a ringsling on my back at the moment! Can't wait to babywear a newborn though we didn't start until he was older, I feel like it's gonna save me lots of stress being able to wear the baby and have my hands free for the other two boys :)

For some reason I woke up wide awake at 5am... And can't get back to sleep! I'm sure I'll regret this later lol!

AW TeeninAZ I love your nursery! Noah is one of the few boys names I liked but OH doesn't. Our name is chosen but we're keeping it a secret this time after someone wrote Sophie's name on Facebook without thinking last time and we hadn't told the whole family yet.
We have wallpaper for the nursery but they're going to be sharing a room so OH wants Sophie out of the way before he makes a start and that's not going to happen until I'm at least 36 weeks because of work!
Tomorrow I reach 30 weeks. This is where it is starting to click that I'm 'heavily pregnant' (as my gp put it) and last pregnancy when my teeny bump rapidly expanded. I was watching obem last night and feeling soooooo impatient. I don't know how I'll keep it together if I go overdue again!
Is everyone else feeling as impatient as me?

My hip/side of my pelvis feels really sore this morning. Sort of feels like baby is sat on a nerve. Ouch!

I'm feeling very impatient at the moment! Though really I'm not ready at all for the baby to come, all iv bought apart from unisex clothes is a changing mat! Hopefully that will change this weekend though :)
Midwife tomorrow, not seen her since 16 weeks so I'm hoping she will be able to feel and tell me what position baby is in. I have no idea at all cus I feel movement everywhere!

How have I missed this thread?! I do love a prediction - may I join in? I'm due my second daughter on 1st May. I think she will arrive may the 5th and be 7lb 10oz. I think I'm delusional as DD1 was 8lb 13 oz - maybe wishful thinking but I feel smaller!!

Almost 33 weeks now and starting to think about packing hospital bags. Feeling very uncomfortable - I cannot move without grunting lol! Sleeping is impossible and really suffering with restless legs and heartburn. Can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! Can't wait to meet the little lady xxx

Another baby wearer over here :happydance: I got the Wilkinet and can't wait to try it out! I also really want a ring sling but I don't know which one to go for??

Well done with the nursary! Beautiful. I love seeing piccies of baby stuff hehe.

Welcome to the new people joining :D

I'm not feeling 'impatient' exactly because I've still got lots to do and I've always wanted to be pregnant so I'm trying not to wish my first time away hehe, but I definitely know what people mean about 'heavily pregnant', it's starting for me, things ache and I am struggling with my job now and I'm feeling kicks all over! She just feels BIG in there :O

XX

Hey girls,

I'm starting to feel achy hips at night when I'm in bed - I think my poor hips are suffering under this added weight! Does anyone else get this? Do you have any tips for easing the aches? Thanks in advance!

Sleep is terrible for me. I go to bed at 11ish and end up not being able to sleep until 1am :dohh:

I plan to babywear when my little madam is here. We have a pram but i dont plan to use it often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->