May/Early June Mommas

Thank you all so much again for the kind words on the nursery. I think we may have gone a little overboard, but after waiting for this little one for over 7 years I have a feeling everything will be a little overboard. While I don't want to spoil, but I think it will happen.

We weren't going to share the name either, but we decided that printing in on the babyshower invite was the best way to announce it and people can't really say anything when it's printed. We had a few other names picked and made the mistake of telling some people. It amazes me that people have opinions about EVERYTHING!

LOVE the nursery, TeeinAZ!

I've updated again - as always, let me know if I've missed anyone.

We've got an office "baby shower" today for me and my husband, as well as another couple who are expecting. I think it's just more of a little party, as most of the women from our office are coming to my real baby shower next weekend but they wanted to do a little co-ed thing at the office. Fine by me, I've been craving cake :haha:

We've got our first hospital tour tonight. Yay!

I find that strange too. To be honest, if someone told me they were naming their baby something like Glimmer Sunshine or Moonbeam or something like that I would have a hard time hiding my true feelings, lol. But when someone picks a normal name who cares if it is one you'd pick or not? It's not like you're being cruel to the child with a name that will get picked on by peers. Not every situation requires your two cents! And even if the name is sort of unusual, you do your best to keep your feelings to yourself. Eventually the child will grow into their name and you just accept it. Honestly, I did not like one of my niece's names at all. It was honestly an odd choice but now she's 5 and that name is who she is. And I never once told my relatives what I thought of the name. I kept it to myself! When I had my own child I named him the name I liked. The end. lol

LOVE the nursery, TeeinAZ!

I've updated again - as always, let me know if I've missed anyone.

We've got an office "baby shower" today for me and my husband, as well as another couple who are expecting. I think it's just more of a little party, as most of the women from our office are coming to my real baby shower next weekend but they wanted to do a little co-ed thing at the office. Fine by me, I've been craving cake :haha:

We've got our first hospital tour tonight. Yay!

Thank you and YAY for office baby showers. I have a feeling the gals here are doing the same for me. My office is mainly men, so the 3 girls we do have here really go all out.

We had our prenatal tour last week and while I have been to MANY births, it was so different picturing myself in the labor beds and being in those rooms. WHEW! Have fun!!:hugs:

Mummafrog we have a girasol rainbow ringsling and it's beautiful! Iove it and it's sooo easy! :)

Thanks for adding me :thumbup:

Fab nursery teeinAZ, we are very slow with ours, we have stripped the one wall that had paper on but got no further, maybe this weekend?! We are thinking of doing clouds!

Redlemonade have you tried a pillow between your legs at night, this seems to help my hips?

We will also be doing a lot more babywearing this time, we were a bit slow getting onto it last time. Thinking of a stretchy wrap to start off with.

We went for a scan today to rule out vasa praevia and all is looking good, I feel I can really relax now (aside from MS making a comeback this morning :( )

Sleep is terrible for me. I go to bed at 11ish and end up not being able to sleep until 1am :dohh:

I seem to be able to get to sleep OK but wake early. Usually I'm woken with a need to pee and then can't get back to sleep :haha:

Thanks for adding me :thumbup:

Fab nursery teeinAZ, we are very slow with ours, we have stripped the one wall that had paper on but got no further, maybe this weekend?! We are thinking of doing clouds!

Redlemonade have you tried a pillow between your legs at night, this seems to help my hips?

We will also be doing a lot more babywearing this time, we were a bit slow getting onto it last time. Thinking of a stretchy wrap to start off with.

We went for a scan today to rule out vasa praevia and all is looking good, I feel I can really relax now (aside from MS making a comeback this morning :( )

Yes I use a pillow and it has helped somewhat but I'm still a little achy. I had considered getting a dreamgenii but not sure if I can justify the cost!

Glad to hear they ruled out vasa praevia! Though I'm sorry to hear about MS returning :(

Thanks for adding me on :)

Love the nursery teenAZ!

I struggle to sleep now too I'm always waking up :nope: spd is a killer aswell!!
I've referred myself to the physio for it, has physio helped anyone with spd? I'm a little scared it will make it worse for some reason :(

Thanks for adding me on :)

Love the nursery teenAZ!

I struggle to sleep now too I'm always waking up :nope: spd is a killer aswell!!
I've referred myself to the physio for it, has physio helped anyone with spd? I'm a little scared it will make it worse for some reason :(

Does the SPD feel like a pulled muscle? I think I might have it on one side. It's been there for several weeks and it's not that it hurts all day, but mostly at the end of the day. I think it happens from sitting all day? Also, how did they figure out that is what you had?

And thank you so much about the Nursery. :winkwink:

I have loads of pillows down the edge of the bed (it's against the wall) and I use a nursing pillow under a normal pillow to prop me up abit, and I'm always really hot at night so I tuck the duvet between my legs too, I'm actually quite comfortable at the moment, I'm still up in the night due to my youngest not sleeping through the night and co sleeping but I manage okay so far! x

Yes I use a pillow and it has helped somewhat but I'm still a little achy. I had considered getting a dreamgenii but not sure if I can justify the cost!

Aaargh nothing helping here, wake up aching several times during the night. Currently just sitting like a frog with my belly resting on the bed between my thighs, trying to get a good hip stretch before trying to sleep again.

Baby predicted 5lbs today, a little heavy for age and extra long, but given my birthweight and current height, doctor is not at all worried. And neither am I, I'm hoping for a chunky baba :)

The hip stretch helps actually! Sometimes I will stretch like that in the middle of the night too. Guess it's just one of those lovely pregnancy things :haha:
What will I be like in 10 weeks??!

I assume yesterday's aches were either baby changing position (I feel heavier at the bottom of my bump all of a sudden) or its had a growth spurt. Kicks feel much harder today! Anyone else experienced this?

Ugh, I'm sick with some sort of throat infection and feeling miserable. :( it's a rest day for me, I guess.

Hope you feel better soon LiLi :hugs:

Just back from the midwife and baby is breech! So that explains all the kicks in the bits lol! Doesn't really matter anyway because I'm having a c section. Everything looked fine though and I measured bang on dates so I can tell everyone now to shut up when they say I'm massive or huge because I'm average lol!

I can't wait to see what all the team yellows have and if they get it right. I guessed right when I did team yellow with my 1st :)

I can't wait either!! (But that might just be me getting curious to know what I'm having lol). With my 2nd, I was so sure she was a boy, when she came out, I still thought she was a boy until the doctor said "It's a girl!"

I am so convinced this ones a boy that I can't even imagine it being a girl! You must have been so shocked to discover girl!

Definitely! But that's part of the fun of being team yellow!! :)

Were team yellow too and I'm pretty convinced it's another boy! Guess we will see in 12 weeks time :haha:

Well ladies my prediction of April 17th may actually be reality as that's the date my section has been booked!! Now the weight probably wrong as baby is already predicted to be 5lb1oz :/

Feels strange to have an end in sight even though it can't come quick enough with all the excess fluid it's uncomfortable x

Baby changed position yesterday. Shes stayed in the same spot for as long as Ive been able to feel which body part is which with her feet top right in my ribs. Ive always felt lots of kicks up there... Not anymore! Shes now kicking my cervix and left hip. I can't feel her head high up so I don't think shes breech which is good but I can't figure out which way shes lying now :( maybe transverse because the top of my bump feels empty now whereas the sides feel fuller. Theres time to flip back to a good position so Im not worried, I just liked knowing which bit was where before x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->