May/Early June Mommas

I am not sure but I dont think so.. its Aetna which is a huge healthcare provider here. She said all policies have pre-existing condition written into them so no one should have ever told me otherwise and must have mis-understood me. Unfort it is not my work saying it. I am looking into the new healthcare guidelines and trying to get help since according to their websites "Obamacare bars insurers from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions"

I just don't understand how pregnancy can be a pre-existing condition. I'm not in the States so I don't understand how the system works but pregnancies end. They are very temporary so why would that preclude someone from coverage?

I hear you! It is crazy! It is only 6 weeks pay at 60% anyways so not something that will last forever... So annoying and shouldnt be allowed. At least new laws dont let that happen to get health insurance.

I also have Aetna and only have 6 weeks for a normal birth and 12 weeks for a C section. At my place of work we go through MetLife for the FMLA. Thank goodness I have a month of PTO saved up, because I cannot see myself having someone watch my 6 week old baby

57 days to go!! Had mw appointment today...measuring just under 3weeks ahead...if he's still measuring this far ahead at next appointment in 2weeks then I'll probably have to have a growth scan...I have a very big bubba!! Having doubts that I'll manage to get a water birth...my mother recons I'll end up having a section with me being such small build :/ xxxx <3

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-20-17-17-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-20-17-17-50.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
I wouldn't worry yet Hun, they've been wrong with both of mine. They said my oldest would be no more than 6lb at a scan 5 days before he was born and he was 8lbs 9oz!

And my youngest was supposed to be 'about 10lb' he was actually 7lb 4 but I think he was measured wrongly and smaller, he was 6lbs 1 at 5 days x

I wouldn't worry yet Hun, they've been wrong with both of mine. They said my oldest would be no more than 6lb at a scan 5 days before he was born and he was 8lbs 9oz!

And my youngest was supposed to be 'about 10lb' he was actually 7lb 4 but I think he was measured wrongly and smaller, he was 6lbs 1 at 5 days x

Hoping this is the case for me. Got my weekly alert from my pregnancy app today saying 'your baby is 31 weeks old, the size of a pineapple and approx 3lb3oz'. At 29 weeks I had a growth scan estimating 3lb14oz so baby is showing as a bit if a whopper!

Not so much worried about weight as I knew he would be quite big anyways...well long...his daddy is very tall...I don't mind him coming early so long as he's healthy...will probs put my mind at ease if I have another scan anyway...just worried about section as i really really wanted natural birth preferably water birth :/ xxxx

They never get the weight right, seems they nearly always say we're measuring ahead so they should change their charts.

they were surprisingly accurate with DS, said he was gonna be in the high 8lbs and he was 8lb 13.5oz.

Well I been in hospital this evening due to a bit of a leakage...queried waters breaking...but apparently not thank god! Don't know what leakage was... but baby is fine...although because his movements decreased for a while (second time this has happened) they sending me for a growth scan in the next few days...looks like I'll find out his weight :') xxxx

Glad your waters are still intact, Katie!

Today is my baby shower :)

I haven't been online much lately, but just an update on me: We are fostering a 12 week old puppy and let me tell you, if anyone needs some "baby boot camp" to get you ready for less sleep and having to watch something all day, get a puppy. lol She is mischief! (but super sweet) The only time I get anything done is while she's sleeping. :haha: Thank goodness she's just a foster. She makes my two dogs look so easy!

Also, my belly is suddenly HUGE. Having this puppy around has taken my mind off of baby things for a few days and this morning, I realized just how much I've grown. Oye! lol

Im with you on the huge belly! My little princess is growing so fast now! Its really scary thinking how close it is to her coming. She moved herself last week and I couldnt really feel her movements, anyway a few days later she moved back and I could really feel that she grown alot!

We've been decorating the house and slowly we're getting there now although I spend alot of time waiting for DF to get the big things done so I can do things. Nesting is starting and ive been wondering round aimlessly looking for something I can do that doesnt involve the ladders!

Its really not that far now from us all starting to labour watch is it and only a few weeks ago we just wernt ready for that! Anyway hope everyone is doing well x

How is everyone doing?

I've started to waddle when walking long distances as baby is in my pelvis. It gets quite uncomfortable! Only 8 weeks to go now!

My best friend and her hubby, the god parents, were here for the day yesterday. They delivered lots of treats!!! DH went away this weekend and was so happy to surprise him with a TON done. The shower is next weekend so can't wait to have the right girly bedding and necessities here as well. The glider and changing table are also set up now too!! SOOO sore and want to soak in a warm bath soon. Feeling so accomplished after this weekend! :thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1
Lovely to hear how people are doing :)

For me, feeling excited and slightly overwhelmed by being 30 weeks this friday, seems big. Pregnancy is getting heavy, I know what you mean by the waddle, I have started to need to waddle walk or things hurt more. My pelvis and ligaments aren't too bad if I'm having lots of rest but they are very easily made sore again.
According to the midwife and the scan baby has been head down so I think she prefers that at the moment, that's probably why I have more pelvic pain and no breathlessness/rib pain, that sort of thing. I struggle with indigestion but Tums works! It's a blessing.

Baby girl seems to be growing perfectly and I like feeling how her movements have changed, getting lots more of the dragging and shifting movements, rather than taps, I can feel her whole body move sometimes and my stomach looks alien!

We've been to two nearly new sales and got lots of good stuff and people keep bringing gifts etc, got the baby shower end of april/early may hopefully :) My mum got us a baby grow that says '50% (my name) 50% (partner's name) 100% me' :haha:

That's the update really, things are just going along, all good news except for aches and pains so I can't complain :thumbup:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's waddling lol!

Had a midwife appointment today. Bump is now measuring a week behind which I find hard to believe! Also got to hear the heartbeat. I've been told that I can't have the birth where I wanted to as I had a high BMI at booking :( They will review it at 36 weeks but there's no guarantee. I'm gutted!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's waddling lol!

Had a midwife appointment today. Bump is now measuring a week behind which I find hard to believe! Also got to hear the heartbeat. I've been told that I can't have the birth where I wanted to as I had a high BMI at booking :( They will review it at 36 weeks but there's no guarantee. I'm gutted!

My understanding is that you can talk to the senior MW at the birthing centre and if they're happy that pregnancy is progressing normally they will overrule the BMI thing.

I was going to do that till I got GD and became high risk for 2 things instead of just BMI.

I was going to do that till I got GD and became high risk for 2 things instead of just BMI.

last time around i was high risk because of GD and BMI as well :( and because i was induced they were continually monitoring him so i didn't get my water birth :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->