May/Early June Mommas

last time around i was high risk because of GD and BMI as well :( and because i was induced they were continually monitoring him so i didn't get my water birth :cry:

Did they monitor with the band around your belly or an internal monitor?

I've gotten my head around being induced at. 38 weeks and not being able to use a pool but I really don't want an internal monitor and I want to be able to change positions as needed.

I was talking about that this morning with oh. I desperately need water for pain relief as I did with my other two labours I suffer bad with the pain in my back I have high bmi but am textbook with everything else no GD no high blood pressure just totally normal. I am hoping they will allow me to just use the water for pain relief If not I am requesting a home birth lol

someone told me they dont allow you in the water at all with high bmi

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's waddling lol!

Had a midwife appointment today. Bump is now measuring a week behind which I find hard to believe! Also got to hear the heartbeat. I've been told that I can't have the birth where I wanted to as I had a high BMI at booking :( They will review it at 36 weeks but there's no guarantee. I'm gutted!

My understanding is that you can talk to the senior MW at the birthing centre and if they're happy that pregnancy is progressing normally they will overrule the BMI thing.

I was going to do that till I got GD and became high risk for 2 things instead of just BMI.

My midwife is going to put in a request to the birthing unit at 36 weeks as I've barely gained any weight, growth is normal, GTT was normal, etc. Really hope they let me as I'd set my hopes on it; it's right in the middle of the hospital but it isn't as 'clinical' which is why I like it.

Waddle time here, too! Can't wait to see some babies arriving for us shortly! :happydance:

Did they monitor with the band around your belly or an internal monitor?

I've gotten my head around being induced at. 38 weeks and not being able to use a pool but I really don't want an internal monitor and I want to be able to change positions as needed.

band around the belly and i was basically stuck sat on the hosp bed or lying back because my hips hurt so damn much.

someone told me they dont allow you in the water at all with high bmi

it's down to the midwife in attendance, if they're comfortable with a person of over X BMI being in the pool then it's fine. i've been told that if i can't have a pool birth then i might at least be allowed to sit in the shower with the jet aimed at my back.

Got a phone call while I was out today! Growth scan booked for tomorrow at 3.30pm :) yay! Get to see my little man again<3

Hi ladies, just to let you know that I had my baby girl on Thursday at 33+4 weighing 3lb 11oz due to my waters breaking at 33+2 and my showing signs of infection. I had an induction but due to fetal distress had an emergency caesarean. I'm very pleased to say my little lady, Aoife, is going from strength to strength. Hopefully not too long until we can take her home. I hope you are all well and wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies. Hold on to those babies, an early baby is very hard.

Hi ladies, just to let you know that I had my baby girl on Thursday at 33+4 weighing 3lb 11oz due to my waters breaking at 33+2 and my showing signs of infection. I had an induction but due to fetal distress had an emergency caesarean. I'm very pleased to say my little lady, Aoife, is going from strength to strength. Hopefully not too long until we can take her home. I hope you are all well and wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies. Hold on to those babies, an early baby is very hard.

Awww congrats sweetie! Glad to hear she's doing well! Xxxx <3

Congrats! So glad she is doing well.

Wow, gla she is doing well Soph!! Keep us updated. :hugs:

Gald you had a healthy babe, Soph. Cheers to getting stronger and stronger every day. Congrats!!

Just got back from my scan...bubba is measuring approximately 34weeks im 32+4 :) and he's currently weighing approximately 4lb 12oz :) xxxx <3

Aw congratulations and lots of prayers for you and your little one to be home together soon :)

Wow, can't believe we have our first May baby in March! Fingers crossed for further improvement.

I have noticed the May labour watch thread but tbh I'm not following it because it seems like craziness when its not even April and I'm definitely not ready to be watching for labour at 32 weeks.

Just back from my consultant whom has discharged me :) I am measuring 34 weeks despite every Tom, Dick and Harry who has an opinion telling me I'm tiny. Even my mum said I seem a lot smaller this time. So I'm on track to have another 'very healthy sized' baby this time round. I didn't even measure big last time so god knows what size this one will be?!

Symptom wise my sacroiliac joint is still mega painful and I'm achy in my hips and back constantly but I think baby is engaged because he's so low so that would explain it.

Less than a fortnight until I get married too!

It's crazy how close we all are! :)

I swear this baby grew overnight. I'm sure he did, but my tummy is sticking out so much further today. It's so hard to bed over, my hips hurt, my inner thighs, my groin. It actually hurts to bend over too. Trying to put lotion on is just hilarious. I'm going to miss this LO in my tummy, but I'm excited to have him here with us. I'm also excited to start losing weight!

It's crazy how close we all are! :)

I swear this baby grew overnight. I'm sure he did, but my tummy is sticking out so much further today. It's so hard to bed over, my hips hurt, my inner thighs, my groin. It actually hurts to bend over too. Trying to put lotion on is just hilarious. I'm going to miss this LO in my tummy, but I'm excited to have him here with us. I'm also excited to start losing weight!

I'm struggling to get my lady parts shaved before each OB appt., haha! It's so hard!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->