May/Early June Mommas

I'm definitely sticking to counting in weeks! I still haven't bought anything / done anything for the arrival of this baby. Definitely need to start getting things ready ... Eek!

Is this your second? Do you have anything saved from your last baby? I've been gradually adding to our baby pile over the months, I think we have all of the essentials now... apart from nappies!

I'm definitely sticking to counting in weeks! I still haven't bought anything / done anything for the arrival of this baby. Definitely need to start getting things ready ... Eek!

Is this your second? Do you have anything saved from your last baby? I've been gradually adding to our baby pile over the months, I think we have all of the essentials now... apart from nappies!

It's our second so I have a few bits and bobs. But, we borrowed a lot last time as we were in a different situation, so this time I get to buy new things for it :happydance: Sounds like you're super organised! Have you got a nursery as well, or is your LO sleeping in your bedroom for a bit?

I haven't been keeping up with all the posts here, but I can reply to the "position" posts!....

I can tell baby has been head down for at least 2 or 3 weeks, because I can always feel it's feet kicking out the side of me! Whenever it gets hiccups I can feel it low in my pelvis as well. The midwife confirmed the position a couple weeks ago when I went in for a visit.

Is anyone starting to feel tired of being pregnant? This is my first baby, and although I'm mostly enjoying the wonderful miracle of carrying a baby, I'm starting to get tired of it! I'm looking forward to holding baby, and being able to twist my body and move better again! It's not that I'm even really immobile, but pregnancy does limit you from certain things. I never thought I would feel tired of being pregnant. I understand why women say they get tired of it now! I have 7 more weeks to go until the due date! I still have some nesting projects I want to get done, but they aren't totally necessary...more fun/decorative kind of nesting projects. We have almost all the essentials for baby already. I'm sure 7 weeks will go by fast!

I haven't been keeping up with all the posts here, but I can reply to the "position" posts!....

I can tell baby has been head down for at least 2 or 3 weeks, because I can always feel it's feet kicking out the side of me! Whenever it gets hiccups I can feel it low in my pelvis as well. The midwife confirmed the position a couple weeks ago when I went in for a visit.

Is anyone starting to feel tired of being pregnant? This is my first baby, and although I'm mostly enjoying the wonderful miracle of carrying a baby, I'm starting to get tired of it! I'm looking forward to holding baby, and being able to twist my body and move better again! It's not that I'm even really immobile, but pregnancy does limit you from certain things. I never thought I would feel tired of being pregnant. I understand why women say they get tired of it now! I have 7 more weeks to go until the due date! I still have some nesting projects I want to get done, but they aren't totally necessary...more fun/decorative kind of nesting projects. We have almost all the essentials for baby already. I'm sure 7 weeks will go by fast!

I can completely relate! Tired of not being able to do every day things like I used to!! Not long now though hunni!!! The end is in sight!!! Its officially april so next month...bubbas will be here <3

I feel the same! 9 weeks sounds like ages but 66days doesn't!

I know what you mean about getting tired of it too. I'm starting to struggle to bend etc now. I was searching for something yesterday and I just couldn't bend down and get under the bed to look or stretch up properly to reach. It made me so uncomfortable! Probably something to do with the head in my ribs lol!

I feel the exact same way. Last night was it for me. I was trying to roll over to my other side (which I do every half hour) and omg it hurt. My hips, my pelvis, my stomach, shoulders, everything. I can't wait until I can roll over without it taking me 5 minutes. LOL

While I too love being pregnant, I am so ready to have this kid. It's like waiting for Christmas. It's so close but so far away and because I'm excited it's dragging on for me. All my friends and family are saying how fast it's going, I'm like, Really???

what do you ladies do about washing the clothes? Do you use softener or dryer sheets that are dye/perfume free?? I am reading that you shouldnt use it at all but you know the web is!

I have gotten the baby detergent, Dreft. I was told to use that starting off since the baby's skin is so sensitive and then you can start using regular detergent and fabric softner once the baby gets older.

That's just what I was told, but I have really no clue either. But I will start off with the Dreft for sure.

what do you ladies do about washing the clothes? Do you use softener or dryer sheets that are dye/perfume free?? I am reading that you shouldnt use it at all but you know the web is!

I just started using a laundry ball, and it works great! No soap (I know it sounds crazy... I wasn't sure it would work, but so far I'm totally impressed). It cost me $25 and it lasts for 365 loads! I got mine at London Drugs. Here's the link: https://smartklean.com/. Apparently you aren't supposed to need fabric softener with it either. If you do want to use a fabric softener though, I've heard wool dryer balls work really well, and they are completely natural!

So it looks like I'm not the only one getting antsy to have my baby! I guess this is probably a normal feeling towards the end!

Teenaiz, I totally hear you about discomfort during sleep. Between heartburn, getting up to pee all the time, and the discomfort with turning over and trying to get comfortable.... it's so annoying! I'm starting to feel tired more during the day because I'm not sleeping as well at night. I suppose this is preparing us for having a newborn? Still, I look forward to feeling more comfortable again!

Ohhh I am going to have to look into that!!!

I'm also getting really excited about having my baby girl too... I think it was passing the 30 week mark for me that did it, I feel like the end is in sight.

Urgh sleeping is hidious, if I lie down too low I throw up, no matter how long I leave between eating last and going to bed! So I sleep propped up loads.. and there is the pelvic pain when rolling over and just my bump in general, it all feels heavy on my organs if I'm on my back for any amount of time *sigh*

Starting our NCT antenatal classes on Thursday, mainly I'm really looking forward to meeting other new families :) And got my midwife appointment tomorrow which is always nice.

Mummafrog - we did NCT and met some lovely people. Hope you have a great time! X

Hi ladies!
I so lost this page, had no net and had to look every where for it to realise its been moved here lol!
How is everyone feeling? I feel like I have missed put on heaps.
I'm 34 weeks on Sunday and so ready to have this little guy. I'm secretly hoping he'll decide to arrive around 37 weeks :haha: yeah wishful thinking!

Ive just hit the 34 week mark and freaked out. Right now I'd be more than happy to go the two weeks over due!

I'm sure it will be fine if she decides to come early, but I just dont feel ready!

Hi ladies!
I so lost this page, had no net and had to look every where for it to realise its been moved here lol!
How is everyone feeling? I feel like I have missed put on heaps.
I'm 34 weeks on Sunday and so ready to have this little guy. I'm secretly hoping he'll decide to arrive around 37 weeks :haha: yeah wishful thinking!

I feel the same - I just can't imagine myself or baby getting even bigger! It doesn't help that OH keeps telling me I'm enormous!

Ive just hit the 34 week mark and freaked out. Right now I'd be more than happy to go the two weeks over due!

I'm sure it will be fine if she decides to come early, but I just dont feel ready!
I think I'd cry if I went over due lol DS2 was 5 days over and my goodness I was mummyzilla lol I was so snappy and just not pleasant to be around.
I don't feel organised that's for sure so I should really start making sure everything is done soon :)

I feel the same - I just can't imagine myself or baby getting even bigger! It doesn't help that OH keeps telling me I'm enormous!
Yeah I'm not sure how he's going to fit in there for much longer its so uncomfortable and heavy now, how are we going to feel in another 6 weeks :O

i'm having trouble sleeping as well, yelping in pain from the SPD or waking myself up crying from upper back pain.

people keep telling me i won't make it to term, and part of me hopes they're right. forgot just how damn uncomfortable this last part was tbh, and with a toddler to run around after it makes things a thousand times worse - can't just sit with my feet up on the sofa and veg, oooooh no siree, not this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->