May/Early June Mommas

Hi ladies, massive apologies for starting this thread and not maintaining it. I hope everything is well with you and your pregnancies.

I had my baby girl at 33+4 on the 20th March weighing 3lb 11oz. My waters went at 33+2 and following signs of infection, induction and fetal distress we ended up with an emergency c-section. She was in hospital for 11 days following birth and we are now all settled in at home. She is now nearly 5 weeks old and weighs 5lb 3oz.

Good luck ladies, wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies, deliveries and babies.
Congratulations, so early! I'm glad she's at home and doing well. So tiny x

Hi ladies, massive apologies for starting this thread and not maintaining it. I hope everything is well with you and your pregnancies.

I had my baby girl at 33+4 on the 20th March weighing 3lb 11oz. My waters went at 33+2 and following signs of infection, induction and fetal distress we ended up with an emergency c-section. She was in hospital for 11 days following birth and we are now all settled in at home. She is now nearly 5 weeks old and weighs 5lb 3oz.

Good luck ladies, wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies, deliveries and babies.

Congratulations! I am so glad to hear that you and the baby are doing well. <3

Congratulations on your baby girl SophL! Glad to hear you're all settled in at home now. :flower:

Aw God bless! Must be lovely to have her home with you at last :)

I have 7 days to go 'til due date, no Braxton Hicks or other signs of labour. I'm hoping I'm like my friend and go into labour out of the blue (she was only 2 days past due), because I am ready to meet my LO! Plus I'm impatient waiting for anything. But yeah, no signs labour's anywhere near pfff.

Congratulations SophL, what a journey, I'm so glad you're all together at home now <3
Don't worry about the thread, we're doing well hehe :thumbup:

Wow BigLegEmma a week to go! :happydance: Good luck, hope you're not waiting too long.
I'm one of the earliest in thread I think but it will be lovely to watch lots of you have your babies eep!

As for mee I've officially started maternity leave, I know it's early but it works best with my course timetable etc. Got lots to do around the house to prepare for baby so I'll focus on that because we moved recently, I want it all organised properly before she comes. We've got pretty much everything we need for baby now. My bag isn't fully packed but I'm working on it :) And even though I'm of course a bit uncomfortable, my symptoms have really gone down this past week and I'm feeling quite good for 34 weeks.

All the best to everyone!

I was woken in the night by a pain across the top of my bump - like it was stretched really tight. Is that Braxton Hicks?! It was just at the very top. Baby was also laying on a nerve on the left side of my pelvis which was so painful!

Yay for maternity leave. It suddenly gets very real now lol.

I managed to convince a midwife to come and see me after a drams trying to get an appointment since 32 weeks. Baby is 2 fifths engaged (3 fifths palpable) and fixed in my pelvis. He's still measuring one week ahead but I'm not concerned. I had sugar in my urine too but that happened towards the end last time. My bp appears to be slowly on the rise too but that happened last time too so in conclusion - I'm having a baby sometime over the next month ish lol.

Hey ladies,

Wow I went into nesting overdrive today!!! We have a 2 bedroomed flat and I literally ripped it apart and put it back together again. It's been scrubbed and de-cluttered to within an inch of it's life! lol!

And now I am paying the price. My goodness I am in absolute agony!! And having crazy strong Braxton Hicks. I've had a shower and my husband is rubbing my back and after this hot chocolate I am going to bed.

I did get him to put the hospital bags and car seat in the car (not only was it getting on my nerves in the hallway) but I've been loosing quite a lot of my show and I having been having period cramps for a couple of days on and off now.

Maybe a little early morning wake-up call would be nice....here's to wishful thinking! lol!

I can't believe were nearly there! I'm feeling very nesty today and itching to organise the house! x

Haha I'm still not feeling it; lay on the sofa and watched OH organise the front terrace earlier :D

i want to decorate and put shelves up and shampoo carpets and do all sorts of random crap, but 1) we're in a rental, so no decorating/shelves and 2) no energy to physically do anything these days! i have plenty of the WILL but none of the WAY. or the HOW, really.

wtb own place plx :(

dh and i just had a fight. he's more stressed than i though at having to be sole provider for the family. gonna have to get off B&B, it's one of the "issues" he has atm.

best of luck ladies, i'll look in again when i can.

Well today is the date me and FOB predicted Taylor would arrive...ive had a very uncomfortable nights sleep but other than that...no signs as of yet...but it isn't even 9am yet haha! Hopefully everything picks up soon fed up of contractions stopping and starting...they have been for about 2weeks now and I've just had enough...also had scan yesterday and they said he weighs roughly around 7lb 3oz...so if he came next week mt predicted weight could possibly be right :') xxxx

Thought I would pop in and update you all that I was way off in my predictions. I delivered in record time two and a half weeks early on 3rd May to a dinky 7lb young man called Aaron Jacob :) arrived on labour ward at 23:10, head delivered 23:11 and the rest of him at 23:12.
Huge difference to his older sister who was 10 days past her due date, 19 hours of active labour and ventouse to deliver all 8lb11oz of her.
Just goes to show that no two babies are the same.
He's also very blonde but me and my husband have almost black hair lol.

Wow that was fast, congratulations :)

No signs of labour here yet booooooooooo. My mum arrived last night for two weeks; LO had better show up before she flies home. She seems far too comfy in there - still has room for flip-flopping and kicking and general happy behaviour *sigh*

Congrats Dory! Wow that was fast and so different from your first! All the best with your new little one :)

Thought I would pop in and update you all that I was way off in my predictions. I delivered in record time two and a half weeks early on 3rd May to a dinky 7lb young man called Aaron Jacob :) arrived on labour ward at 23:10, head delivered 23:11 and the rest of him at 23:12.
Huge difference to his older sister who was 10 days past her due date, 19 hours of active labour and ventouse to deliver all 8lb11oz of her.
Just goes to show that no two babies are the same.
He's also very blonde but me and my husband have almost black hair lol.

Congratulations!!!!

Is anyone else starting to get signs that their body is preparing for labour? Just the last 2 or 3 days I started getting some mild low-level period-like cramps, and feeling way more heavy down there! I feel restless sometimes too... can't sit for too long. According to my ticker I'm 38 weeks today, but my due date has changed to May 23, so I'm actually 37+3 days.

Part of me feels like I could go into labour anytime now because I'm feeling different! But I was just reading through one of my books, and it sounds like the symptoms I'm getting can go on for weeks before actual labour starts. Which I'm actually okay with. I'm feeling really good now. I can wait another week or two! I'm excited that my body seems to be getting ready though. How are the rest of you holding up that are due soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->