May/Early June Mommas

I feel exactly the same way. Off and on period like cramps get my hopes up that something is starting and then nothing for days... I'm so ready at this point!!! 2 weeks ago also seemed to be losing some plug and had a small.amount of bloody show, that stopped too

Is anyone else starting to get signs that their body is preparing for labour? Just the last 2 or 3 days I started getting some mild low-level period-like cramps, and feeling way more heavy down there! I feel restless sometimes too... can't sit for too long. According to my ticker I'm 38 weeks today, but my due date has changed to May 23, so I'm actually 37+3 days.

Part of me feels like I could go into labour anytime now because I'm feeling different! But I was just reading through one of my books, and it sounds like the symptoms I'm getting can go on for weeks before actual labour starts. Which I'm actually okay with. I'm feeling really good now. I can wait another week or two! I'm excited that my body seems to be getting ready though. How are the rest of you holding up that are due soon?

Yes I'm getting these mild period aches too! Looks like our bodies are gearing up! :D

Thought I would pop in and update you all that I was way off in my predictions. I delivered in record time two and a half weeks early on 3rd May to a dinky 7lb young man called Aaron Jacob :) arrived on labour ward at 23:10, head delivered 23:11 and the rest of him at 23:12.
Huge difference to his older sister who was 10 days past her due date, 19 hours of active labour and ventouse to deliver all 8lb11oz of her.
Just goes to show that no two babies are the same.
He's also very blonde but me and my husband have almost black hair lol.

Congrats Dory!

Is anyone else starting to get signs that their body is preparing for labour? Just the last 2 or 3 days I started getting some mild low-level period-like cramps, and feeling way more heavy down there! I feel restless sometimes too... can't sit for too long. According to my ticker I'm 38 weeks today, but my due date has changed to May 23, so I'm actually 37+3 days.

Part of me feels like I could go into labour anytime now because I'm feeling different! But I was just reading through one of my books, and it sounds like the symptoms I'm getting can go on for weeks before actual labour starts. Which I'm actually okay with. I'm feeling really good now. I can wait another week or two! I'm excited that my body seems to be getting ready though. How are the rest of you holding up that are due soon?

I feel exactly the same. Been having period-type pains the last week and just generally feel very similar to when my period is due. OH and I actually thought it may have been the start of things yesterday but it settled down eventually. We've just moved house though so I put it down to me doing too much lifting etc.

How come your due date changed?

Hi ladies! :waves:

Glad i found this thread,,, Im Jess. Due my 2nd little boy on the 2nd June! <3

Cannot wait, almost all prepared for him to arrive now. Doesnt help when everyone says ''ohh im not going to make my due date'' Id love to go early but it gets my hopes up when people say that. x

I had really hard contractions for 3 days straight non stop but I wasn't dilating so my doctors didn't want to do anything even though I wasn't sleeping and was in so much pain. Finally on Monday night my waters broke and when I was checked the baby had a bowel movement inside. I then also found out I had a pretty bad infection that was in my placenta and at that point I couldn't get an epidural until I had 2 bags of iv antibiotics and after 3 days of never ending contractions I just wanted to get the epidural so I could rest before pushing. Well finally after receiving 2 bags of two different antibiotics I was allowed to get the epidural and was able to rest for a little while before they gave me meds to increase contractions. After a few hours we started to push and 1/2 hour later Arya Rose was born but not doing great because of the bowel movement she had and the infection that was in the placenta. So they rushed her off to the nursery and the doctor couldn't get my bleeding under control so I was sent off in a hurry to the OR. Scary to say the least. Once I got out of the OR my husband and my parents told me that Arya was doing much better but still needs to stay in the nursery getting oxygen and antibiotics. As long as she continues to get better she can stay here but if anything comes up they will be sending her to a neonatal place. I am doing a lot better too.

gratz dory!

and gratz schultzie, hope arya is doing well :thumbup:

afm: we have a date for induction due to gestational diabetes (read: his 95th+ centile average size, measuring 38w+ already at 35+2), so i go in on the morning of the 27th may.

funnily enough, i had a feeling from very early on that we wouldn't make june, and guessed a while ago that 27th would be his DOB...

I have another week and a half left at work so I really don't want the baby to come any time soon. It is also my dd1's 3rd birthday party on sat with 21 kids coming and my best friends hen do on 17th may. I have too much to do to have a baby! I don't have any signs yet but I do feel massive all of a sudden.

I feel exactly the same. Been having period-type pains the last week and just generally feel very similar to when my period is due. OH and I actually thought it may have been the start of things yesterday but it settled down eventually. We've just moved house though so I put it down to me doing too much lifting etc.

How come your due date changed?

My due date changed a while ago, and I just never changed my ticker. I was in denial lol. At first I thought the doctor changed it based on my period date, but then apparently it was because of the 20 week ultrasound. But then when I went for another ultrasound at about 24 weeks the technician told me I was measuring a little bit ahead..... so I don't really know what the correct date is. Sometime close to about May 23rd or just before I guess. Baby will come when it comes, right?! :dohh:

I had really hard contractions for 3 days straight non stop but I wasn't dilating so my doctors didn't want to do anything even though I wasn't sleeping and was in so much pain. Finally on Monday night my waters broke and when I was checked the baby had a bowel movement inside. I then also found out I had a pretty bad infection that was in my placenta and at that point I couldn't get an epidural until I had 2 bags of iv antibiotics and after 3 days of never ending contractions I just wanted to get the epidural so I could rest before pushing. Well finally after receiving 2 bags of two different antibiotics I was allowed to get the epidural and was able to rest for a little while before they gave me meds to increase contractions. After a few hours we started to push and 1/2 hour later Arya Rose was born but not doing great because of the bowel movement she had and the infection that was in the placenta. So they rushed her off to the nursery and the doctor couldn't get my bleeding under control so I was sent off in a hurry to the OR. Scary to say the least. Once I got out of the OR my husband and my parents told me that Arya was doing much better but still needs to stay in the nursery getting oxygen and antibiotics. As long as she continues to get better she can stay here but if anything comes up they will be sending her to a neonatal place. I am doing a lot better too.

Oh dear... that sounds like quite the ordeal! Congratulations on your baby girl though. I'm glad to hear you're doing okay now, and it sounds like your daughter will be okay too. There is so much out of our control when it comes to the whole birth process! Wishing you quick recovery and hopefully you'll be home with your daughter soon! :hugs:

Baby is starting to engage. I know this means nothing as they can be engaged for weeks, but at least I know that everything's heading in the right direction :)

Congrats dory!
How many of us are still pregnant?
I'm so over it, no signs at all for me.
And my god constipation what the actual heck is the deal with that?! I've never had constipation in any of my pregnancies and with this one I had a bad case of food poisoning that started a week before I found out I was pregnant. So I had extreme runs for 3 weeks straight then gallbladder issues from 10 weeks which made my have bad runny poo until after getting it out at 23 weeks, so it started to return to normal around 28 weeks but now it's constipation :brat: and it's SO painful and uncomfortable. I've just resorted to a handful of prunes to see if that helps :sick: anyone else back to being constipated?

Im still waddling around

ive had enough can hardly move

still prego here too!!

24 days until DD :coffee::coffee:

No signs, just aching and in pain :( So ready for him to come now.

Still here and crazy uncomfortable! Painful Hemerroids and bad hip pains going on. Can't even go for walks to help!

At least today is the last day of work!!!

Still prego, still working. Mother here allegedly to help her first daughter prepare for her first granddaughter's arrival, but really to sit on her fat ass and be waited on by said pregnant daughter. FML.

Congrats dory!
How many of us are still pregnant?
I'm so over it, no signs at all for me.
And my god constipation what the actual heck is the deal with that?! I've never had constipation in any of my pregnancies and with this one I had a bad case of food poisoning that started a week before I found out I was pregnant. So I had extreme runs for 3 weeks straight then gallbladder issues from 10 weeks which made my have bad runny poo until after getting it out at 23 weeks, so it started to return to normal around 28 weeks but now it's constipation :brat: and it's SO painful and uncomfortable. I've just resorted to a handful of prunes to see if that helps :sick: anyone else back to being constipated?

I was but I've now suddenly gone the opposite way and it's quite loose... weird! I do have IBS though. I found that fig rolls helped me to go when I was constipated :)

Still here and waiting. No signs of any kind. Lots of hip pain but that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->