May/Early June Mommas

I'm convinced they do these things to us on purpose Qwerty ;-)
Turned up for my GTT this morning and they didn't have the drink again! Apparently the pharmacist had promised it would turn up yesterday afternoon but it didn't. So I had to wait until the morning delivery had been at half 10 and I've just been and had it. Just wait for 2 hours now and then I'm stopping at McDonalds on the way home lol. I was talking to the nurse practitioner and she suggested asking the doctor for a sick note for a couple of weeks because I'm not sleeping and when I do I dream about running around at work (can't remember if I've mentioned it). I've made an appointment for next week and will see how tomorrow goes which will decide if I self certify until then.

HannahGrace - this pregnancy seems like its going way faster than the last and I found out earlier this time. Bet the last few weeks don't fly by though!

The past few weeks have flown by for me. I can't believe I'm 29 weeks! Baby girl is nearly three quarters cooked! First and second tri went so slowly because I was waiting for my scans to cone around but Im not counting down the days to appointments now so time really has sped up x

Hey i'm joining in.

I am 27wks and 4 days, and am glad to see a thread that's not about labour just yet.

This is baby #2 it's a boy, baby #1 was a girl, she is now 3. I too am starting to feel the strain in fact I just posted a thread on generally feeling low and run down, with a virus that's lasted a month and just won't shift.

So far in prep we have moved DD into the bigger room and made it into a princess room, to make her feel special and not pushed out.... Thats it lol.

We need:
a buggy
bottles just in case breast feeding doesn't work again,
nursery bedding,
to actually empty the nursery of the junk that's filling it and make it look like a bedroom and not a tip
we have unisex newborn clothes from DD but nothing thats boyish
And generally totally unprepared and should be knowing better from experience first time round! xx

Oh and my due date is 17th May, my dd was 12 days late and weighed 8lb9 by C section, but I have a funny feeling this little man is going to make an early appearance, hopefully by vaginal birth and I have had lots of talks as to how that is going to happen, sweeps from 37wks allowed to go max 7 days over due, but I want to avoid induction especially if my cervix isn't ready, as that's what happened last time and imo lead to my csection! xx

Can I join you ladies :) officially in third tri tomorrow but thought I'd jump across early! I'm pregnant with baby no 2 and we are having another boy! So so excited to give my son a little brother who will be 18 months when this one arrives! At the moment we have decided on the name Theo Oliver which i think goes quite well with my sons name Max Riley but I do have a habit of changing my mind so who knows at the moment! My due date is the 27th May and im going to predict the 28th which is my brothers birthday!

Love the name Theo :) that was one of our choices if we had a boy... Theo Thomas. We've got a pink baby though so either Gracie or Kyla. We're waiting to see which one suits her best on the day :) x

Thank you! Congrats on your pink one I love Kyla, Gracie is lovely too Good choices! :) xx

Hey i'm joining in.

I am 27wks and 4 days, and am glad to see a thread that's not about labour just yet.

This is baby #2 it's a boy, baby #1 was a girl, she is now 3. I too am starting to feel the strain in fact I just posted a thread on generally feeling low and run down, with a virus that's lasted a month and just won't shift.

So far in prep we have moved DD into the bigger room and made it into a princess room, to make her feel special and not pushed out.... Thats it lol.

We need:
a buggy
bottles just in case breast feeding doesn't work again,
nursery bedding,
to actually empty the nursery of the junk that's filling it and make it look like a bedroom and not a tip
we have unisex newborn clothes from DD but nothing thats boyish
And generally totally unprepared and should be knowing better from experience first time round! xx

Oh and my due date is 17th May, my dd was 12 days late and weighed 8lb9 by C section, but I have a funny feeling this little man is going to make an early appearance, hopefully by vaginal birth and I have had lots of talks as to how that is going to happen, sweeps from 37wks allowed to go max 7 days over due, but I want to avoid induction especially if my cervix isn't ready, as that's what happened last time and imo lead to my csection! xx

Welcome! I'm due May 17 as well and I'm hoping and praying that he comes between 37 and 39 weeks. Feeling so big and tired already. lol I'll have my fingers crossed that you get your vaginal delivery!

We've still got a lot to do as well. We finally got our crib and bedding set up, but I find it amusing that we won't even be using that for a few months after baby is born, yet it's the first thing we have set up. :haha: My shower isn't for another 3-4 weeks, so we're not shopping until after that.

I haven't done anything to prepare! We have most things from DD but have lent some out as well and need to get them back by May! Especially the moses basket or baby will have nowhere to sleep... :dohh:

Some days I feel like it is flying by and then others I can't wait for labour. So hoping for a vbac and wish it was closer to 34 weeks when I can have the conversation with my consultant.

I haven't done anything to prepare! We have most things from DD but have lent some out as well and need to get them back by May! Especially the moses basket or baby will have nowhere to sleep... :dohh:

Some days I feel like it is flying by and then others I can't wait for labour. So hoping for a vbac and wish it was closer to 34 weeks when I can have the conversation with my consultant.

I'm hoping for a vbac too! Have my consultation at 36 weeks! I'm hoping they don't recommend not having one xx

Fingers crossed for us both! What was your reason for section last time?

Mine was officially failure to progress but my placenta was very low and I only got the ok to try for vaginal at 39 weeks. Baby's head never fully engaged so I think placenta was in the way (plus she was a bit off centre and face first).
So I'm hopeful that with placenta a bit higher this time I will get the go ahead!

Fingers crossed for us both! What was your reason for section last time?

Mine was officially failure to progress but my placenta was very low and I only got the ok to try for vaginal at 39 weeks. Baby's head never fully engaged so I think placenta was in the way (plus she was a bit off centre and face first).
So I'm hopeful that with placenta a bit higher this time I will get the go ahead!

Failure to progress! I got to 4cm after 30 hours :nope: then she turned around at the last moment :dohh: so she wasn't even head down :shrug:

I just want to be able to try it, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I like the mystery of not knowing when I'm going to go into labour! So If they book me in for a section it won't be the same :(

Well from our histories I think we both have a pretty good chance of being allowed to try! Nothing to suggest we're high risk or anything. Looking positive :)

IM also having a vbac,this time on the reccomdation from my consultant she said its the safest and best option for me as ive already had 10 normal births and 1 crash cs for a cord prolapse,in really happy i can go for another vb as i didn't like having a cs at all ,lol but i suppose that's because i was too used to having a vb,just hope all goes according to plan.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->