May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

We finally cut our first tooth here this morning :') bit my finger and made me jump haha! Xxxx

Katie, they are sharp little things aren't they!

Lyle is almost crawling, just needs to coordinate it all together, he is fairly getting about though! time to baby proof EVERYWHERE :shock:

Oh definitely haha! Awww yay! Tonker is getting there haha, he's aced crawling/hopping backwards and is getting there with forwards :') shame we can't share videos on here :') so funny to watch! But yes...time to baby proof...I thought that I'd manage to get away with the presents being under the tree this year...nope he ripped one open the first chance he got :')♡

Yup the stair gates are up and everything has been moved off the lower shelves. Lexi was commando crawling a month and a half ago but is proper crawling now and super fast plus she's started pulling herself to standing on anything that stays still for 30 seconds so we've had lots of bumps!

We have a tooth coming through on the bottom too, can't see it yet but I can definitely feel it when she chomps down on my finger :D

Happy 1st xmas to all the may babies hope santa is good to them all!

Its been a while since i posted so Oliver is 7 months still a gummy bear, been crawling for about a month now, pulls himself to stand attempting to cruise and has cracked the stairs today! I really wanted to keep him a baby for as long as I could but he clearly doesnt want to!

Happy first Christmas!

Arthur still isn't crawling but it's probably going to happen soon. He just got toys that roll and he loves them so I imagine he will want to go after them when they roll away!

Merry Christmas may mummies and may babies! Hope we all have a fantastic day! Taylor has just done a few seconds of army crawling across the room, signing off for the rest of today to enjoy my day with taylor before he heads to daddies around 4.30♡

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day.

Lexi enjoyed pressies, Xmas dinner and playing with the paper. Me and OH enjoyed every second of watching her!

https://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h365/k8eyxx/A4D2C927-E560-493C-8FDD-651A7D275654.jpg

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and new year! Taylor is now sitting unaided and crawling properly! Just in time too...I'm back at work in 5days and I was worried I'd miss it! Hope all mummies and babies are well xxxx

Hey All I am hoping someone can provide some advice. My second daughter just turned 7 months on Dec 22. Ever since she was born she has been an awful sleeper. She just doesn't sleep. Our first daughter was sleeping through the night at 3 weeks old. To say we are exhausted is an understatement. DD is formula fed, and has been on solids for some time now but nothing seems to keep her happy long enough to sleep through a night. I am at my wits' end and do not know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey hun, unfortunately no 2 babies are the same, my eldest sisters little ones have all slept through from being 4weeks, my other sisters didnt sleep through until about 8month (son) her other is nearly 2 and still doesn't go a full night (daughter) have you tried grow bags? Cluster feeding? Snuggles? Does she have a dummy? If she likes sleeping with you have you tried having something that smells of you in her cot near her? When taylor was 8weeks he finally started sleeping through but before then he wouldn't unless he had my small jacket in with him, now he doesn't sleep through again (although he is teething so that's more than likely the problem now) she'll sleep through eventually im sure :) xxxx

Google "sleep sense" you can find a free PDF eBook that really helps with sleep habits

With my oldest I would do what I called "rock him to sleepy". I would sit with him in a rocking chair and snuggle until he got dozy but was still awake and then put him down. That was enough for him to settle. With my daughter (just 7 months old now) I had to do a sort of "pick up and put down" method.

But as for actually getting them to sleep through--I think that may be something babies have to figure out on their own. My DS started sleeping through at 6 weeks and my DD at 10 weeks. But nothing made my DS nap during the day until he figured it out around 6 months and DD figured that one out pretty quickly.

I will say that I only go to them at night if they are actually upset. A little whimper or coo here and I let them be. I never want to teach/reward them for being awake at night. Obviously, if they are full-on crying I will go to them. Even my 7 month old only wakes now if something disturbs her in the night (bad dream, sick, scared, etc)

No advice to give, DS has never been able to sleep alone but I don't mind, I love the cuddles.

Hope everyone had a good holiday season!

Arthur is still not crawling BUT he's moving around on his bum. This is not the best timing though, the cats have just got into the habit of shitting outside the litter box :dohh: and my little man likes to put everything in his mouth.

Well that's it any peace has left the house she's figured out how to walk using her push along walker! Now we're on constant fall alert :D

No where near walking here. DD is on the edge of crawling though. She can already shuffle one knee forward but then her weight gives out on her and she's back on her belly. Makes her so angry! :haha: I've seen her try to pull herself up on the couch a few times but she really isn't ready to do that yet. Her attempts were dismal failures. She's always trying to be 2 steps ahead. She is adept at rolling and squirming so she's still getting into everything. I once heard someone playing in the cat food dish and immediately yelled out my son's name only to turn and see it was her. :dohh:

We're standing here and crawling everwhere, and we're now a whiz in the baby walker...at first we could only go forward and backward, now he's turning around chasing me everywhere! Don't get a moments peace haha! He's also still not sleeping through again :/ killing me being back at work and waking all night! Good job I'm off work until the 18th now! Hope all mummies and babies are well♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->