May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

FleurDeMai

Reaction score
Someone else had the idea but no one created the thread, so I thought I'd do it :)

Our due dates were in May 2014, but our babies were born whenever they wanted, be it as early as April or as late as June!

Thanks for the thread fleur!

So far becoming a parent has been amazing, it has not all gone to plan. Lexi went off BFing on day 3 so we have switched to formula and I'm expressing as much as I can for the first 2 weeks so she gets as much of the initial goodness as possible.

Any one else found their plans have changed?

Been waiting for this for all the may babies! Glad to still be with you girls for the next stage...

:hi:

things here are good! J is a boob monster and having a growth spurt, so she wants to nurse constantly!

My nipples are killing me :( already so bruised from first day feeding! Ouch! :(

Noah only wakes up once in the night to feed :/ is it to let him sleep?

Lexi had bellyache last night so would only sleep propped up on my shoulder. All resolved around 5am by a mega poo-splosion that required a full change and hose down.

Being a parent is full of glamour :D

Hannah, I set an alarm for max 4 hours between feeds until babes has regained birth weight. at this stage they can still have increasing jaundice levels, which they need to be eating lots to get rid of. as long as he's peeing and pooping lots, you know he's getting lots. the nipple pain gets better, now at almost 3 weeks, I don't want to cry every time she latches. use lots of lanonlin and air dry as much as possible.

wannabe, sorry breastfeeding isn't working, it didn't work for my first either. have you gotten any formal help? might be a simple fix, or maybe a tongue tie?

That's made me a feel a bit now thank you :kiss: he sleeps 11-1am the awake for lots of milk and poos :lol: and then 2.30ish-6.30ish so all in all pretty good for four days old thanks hunny! And I will be thank you :) glad yours doesn't hurt anymore :hugs: I've been hand expressing milk and soaking cotton balls in it and putting it on my nips! So amazing haha xx

Hannah, he sounds like he's doing perfect! good work mama! it's amazing what a bit of expressed milk can do for nipples.

I have had horrible sore Nipples too. Here they make nipple shields that cover the Nipples for a feeding. Every few times I use them to give myself a break w lanolin in between and it works wonders.

Anyone dealt w a blocked tear duct before? We just woke up and she has this yellowish goop in her right eye.

We've decided to combi feed which seems to be working well :)!
Hope all the sore nipples are better :haha:!

Gaves - the midwife said if Noah's eyes went gunky to put some breast milk in his eye xxx

I can't believe how lucky we all are! Again congratulations all for becoming wonderful
Mamas xx

Oh nice! Pumping now so I will try that! Thank you!!

My nipples are killing me :( already so bruised from first day feeding! Ouch! :(

Noah only wakes up once in the night to feed :/ is it to let him sleep?

Oliver was/is the same since his 2nd night, i just let him sleep, he cluster feeds from 4ish till 7ish then has another feed around 10.30-11 and can go anywhere from 2am till 4am, i used nipple shields for a couple of feed and they helped so much didnt cause any bother when i stopped using them either x

I'm here! Congratulations everyone :D

I hope all the sore nipples ease up soon, they can be so painful! :hugs:

We had to switch to Formula feeding as Breastfeeding was proving so difficult for us :(

Jayden also has a gunky eye, the Doctor gave us some Anti Biotic eye drops to apply 4 times a day but so far, it still hasn't cleared up! :wacko:

I got really close to giving up on breastfeeding... Not because my LO can't latch, not because of a supply problem, and not because it hurts, but because he spends so much time on the boob that it feels like he's sucking the life out of me. It's impossible for me to count how many times he feeds because he won't sleep for more than 30 minutes during the day, then he wants to nurse again.
It is getting better, there is less "sucking for comfort" than before, but feedings are still endless and baby refuses to nap.
I'm too stubborn to give up though. Way. Too. Stubborn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->