May Emeralds 2014! :)

So I got my maternity belt today.
It's awkward and baby moves loads (or I can just feel it more because it's nice and snug on the bump)
Anyone else used them before? I can't wear it around the house because I need to bend but I guess, walking around without bending it may help in the long term.
I've also just undone the top strap when I sit (so it's not digging in) X

Appreciate any tips etc x

It's like this, but in black, it feels supportive!
https://i40.tinypic.com/161cpbm.jpg

Mrs.Stefka - Glad to hear that everything went well at your scan.

Gaves - I'm so sorry to hear that :(

Eloise - Congratulations on team blue! :blue:

Thanks, Amour! I just ordered the Minky breastfeeding pillow. Too cute.

Eloise - Yay for another team blue!!

I have a qurstion for anyone on your 2nd, 3rd, 4th babies: How close to your due date did you give birth?

My daughter was born 9 days early after basically scratching her way out :lol: 12 days before my due date I told OH I could feel her fingers rubbing against me and a couple of hours later my waters broke so I like to joke that she broke the membranes. Ended up being induced a couple of days later since labour didn't start on its own.

I wonder if it has any relation to when subsequent babies arrive :)

I think it depends on the person/ baby. I know off women who's babies ask come around the same gestation, and quite a few that have big differences. 10 days early with # 1, 10 days late with #2.

I, for one am hoping this little miss stays put until 41 weeks like her brother. if she decides to come early, she just might arrive on her brothers birthday!

I'm worried about going into early labour :/ My midwife told me I had a slightly higher risk and I really don't like that. I want to be able to deliver at the birth center, away from the hospital, and if baby comes too soon it won't be possible...

The hip pain is driving me crazy! If it keeps getting worse I might have to call my midwife because walking is becoming increasingly difficult... which is nothing compared to what it is when I try to bend down.
Do you think a maternity belt would help? I doubt my pain has anything to do with SPD, that's why I haven't been in a hurry to go and get one already.

A friend of mine sent this to me today! Free car seat cover, nursing cover and nursing pillow.

https://www.carseatcanopy.com/
https://www.uddercovers.com/
https://www.nursingpillow.com/

Insert "save50" at check out, just pay S&H. :flower:

This is great!!! Just ordered a car seat canopy and nursing pillow. Free is great with just S&H!! Thanks for the great info.

So I got my maternity belt today.
It's awkward and baby moves loads (or I can just feel it more because it's nice and snug on the bump)
Anyone else used them before? I can't wear it around the house because I need to bend but I guess, walking around without bending it may help in the long term.
I've also just undone the top strap when I sit (so it's not digging in) X

Appreciate any tips etc x

It's like this, but in black, it feels supportive!
https://i40.tinypic.com/161cpbm.jpg

mine is pretty much the same but without the bit that goes top of the bump, i got mine off physio and was told to wear for just walking and not sitting and it does help she said to wear it if im stood ironing hoovering etc x

weve made a start on decorating our little mans room tonight, managed to get it all painted just need to wait for the wall art to come and get the blind curtains and furniture built :) x

I'm worried about going into early labour :/ My midwife told me I had a slightly higher risk and I really don't like that. I want to be able to deliver at the birth center, away from the hospital, and if baby comes too soon it won't be possible...

The hip pain is driving me crazy! If it keeps getting worse I might have to call my midwife because walking is becoming increasingly difficult... which is nothing compared to what it is when I try to bend down.
Do you think a maternity belt would help? I doubt my pain has anything to do with SPD, that's why I haven't been in a hurry to go and get one already.

Daddiesgift and magic too:
Find my last post, that's a maternity belt, I put it on yesterday and immediately felt it pulling my back in correctly (not too much!) it's used "usually" to support a pregnant woman's back as it can become stressful on that area during the 9 months.
I wouldn't suggest getting one without a medical professional suggesting it, but some people do, that's just me.
My physio recommended one because my muscles aren't working correctly and they are doing nothing to support my pelvis/back so I'm using it as muscle support rather than counteracting the weight of a bump

Don't ever put up with the pain, get checked and see what's going on xx

I wear a maternity belt for SPD. It's an elasticated belt that I wear across my pelvis (below the bump) and it reduces how much my joints rub together when I walk by stabilising my pelvis. My physio recommended it.
It's made quite a difference to my SPD and I can actually go for walks again which is great!

Feel like all my energy has been sapped today. Went out for a couple of hrs this morning and was struggling to keep walking by the end. Think a lazy weekend with lots of sleep is in order!

Might talk to MW about a maternity belt on my next visit getting a fair amount of back ache but think it's more to do with having a desk job and sitting for hours every day.

weve made a start on decorating our little mans room tonight, managed to get it all painted just need to wait for the wall art to come and get the blind curtains and furniture built :) x

Planning to do ours soon got most of the decor just need to finish shifting the junk into the lift :D

Thanks for the explanation :) I've seen them I just didn't understand what exactly they helped with! I've never been recommended one.

I do however wish they had something for muscle cramps! I get them in every pregnancy usually 30 weeks after but this time it started nearly right away. My thighs and legs constantly feel like I've worked out too hard or ran a marathon! In the middle of night my feet will cramp up real bad where I have to wake up and massage them till they aren't in the shape of claws anymore!

Pretty sure I had my first Braxton hicks yesterday. My back and bump hurt real bad and tensed up

achy all over all the time, like ive been on my feet all day but i haven't been :dohh:

makes me really wish i had a bath

Wish I had a bath too!! Wouldn't be able to get out but it would be lovely x

Daddiesgift- I read extra dairy can help. Or if you're not big on dairy, you could take a couple of "Tums" before bed to see if that helps as they have extra calcium.

I actually took a nice bath yesterday. I wish I could have had a steaming hot bath, but it was still wonderful to have one. I didn't have trouble getting out, but Im starting to have some issues shaving! :-/

i so want a bath :brat:

ahh shaving ive now leave it until the last minuite to shave :haha: i can just about shave somethings on a certain angle. wont be long until i wont be able to see a thing :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->