May Emeralds 2014! :)

Felix - yes, I'm planning to breastfeed. I've got my antenatal class on it soon as well... Today actually, if I'm not mistaken.

I've got a scan next week to check if baby has put on enough weight since last time. I hope he did, if not it'll mean I'll have to go back for yet another scan (I hate that the waiting time at that clinic) and my chances of a birth outside the hospital will be lower. I look bigger than last week and baby feels heavier too, so there's still hope!

Felix - yes, I'm planning to breastfeed. I've got my antenatal class on it soon as well... Today actually, if I'm not mistaken.

I've got a scan next week to check if baby has put on enough weight since last time. I hope he did, if not it'll mean I'll have to go back for yet another scan (I hate that the waiting time at that clinic) and my chances of a birth outside the hospital will be lower. I look bigger than last week and baby feels heavier too, so there's still hope!

Oh I hope so! These babies are enjoying making us worry so much, and they aren't even here yet.

I had a dream last night I was breastfeeding and had twins. But went to my grandmothers house and she had been bottle feeding them, and it was the brand I didn't want to use too. So in my dream I was crying and shouting, took my baby back and got my boobs out to feed lol. It really just tells me how much I want to breastfeed. If I can't, then I need to try expressing before going to bottles. For me that's right. I know people say not to feel like a failure if I can't breastfeed but I think I really will. And I can't help it.

Bit of a rant there, sorry x

I'm planning to breastfeed, I'm desperate too. I had a dream last night that this baby wouldn't latch either :(

I'm planning to breastfeed, I'm desperate too. I had a dream last night that this baby wouldn't latch either :(

Something we seem to be fearing now, as the time is getting so close. I'm not planning to buy bottles or formula before hand, unless that seems a good idea? What's everyone else doing? Xx

I had a hard time trying to breast feed my DD, I got baffled with info at the hosp, "if baby is tired, wake it up, if baby does this, stop it, if you do this you can't do that" ugh it was infuriating. I just wanted to try and feed my baby as simply as possible.
I managed to do it all night with no intervention and she was sicky afterwards too, so I knew she got something.

In the morning I asked a midwife if I was doing it right, and she said "it shouldn't hurt, you're doing it wrong" and showed me many ways of trying to get her to latch properly.

Needless to say I then had massive self doubt as a FTM, lied, said she was feeding well and got discharged.
I tried to feed again at home but the words kept ringing in my head, ended up in tears and gave up. Someone bought us a tin of formula and I had already got a few bottles because I wanted to express, but we made a bottle up and never went back. I felt defeated and sad and like a failure!!

Over time it was easier and the fact my baby was fed and happy, I then stopped caring about not breast feeding.

This time I've got the same bottles (new ones) and a tin of formula but using a different hospital who really push and help breast feeding, so hopefully I won't need it :thumbup:

So that's what I'm doing. :haha: essay.

Mayb_baby - Omg. Seriously. 5 weeks!!? That will fly by. Exciting how close you are!

Starry - I hope you get your VBAC. Why can't doctors start listening to what the mother want more often and at least taking that into consideration? Also, if the do induce, why in the world do they let it go to 42 weeks? You'll have a XL baby on your hands then...

Stargazer - The amount of things you are taking on is very impressive. I don't know how you are managing Kids, classes and double dinners. By the time I get home from work each night and get my kiddo settled, I'm so tired my eyes are crossing!!

Fleur - Is your baby measuring too small? Are the doctors worried about something?

Felix- I am definitely going to give breastfeeding a go this time around. I tried with my daughter, but she didn't want to latch on. Eventually, we were forced into bottle feeding. I personally think you should have at least 1-2 bottles and some formula on hand just in case. I have all my breastfeeding gear ready to go, but also got some bottles as a back up. You can also switch between bottle and breastfeeding so OH can help with feedings. I'm probably going to put that into effect. :)

What's everyone else doing? Xx

I'll buy a few bottles and a small can of formula prior just in case.

Sometimes pregnancy is such a lose/lose situation. I have terrible heartburn at night, no matter how many antiacids I take, and the only way to relieve it is to sleep angled up. If I do that, then I wake up in horribly sore all over. Wah. :(

I feel your pain on that one! Heartburn can ruin a good nights sleep quickly. I can't hardly wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again. When you look at the big picture, it's the little things that matter :) Hope it eases up, even if only for one night of quality sleep.

I'm looking forward to sleeping on my tummy!!! I'm such a tummy sleeper.
And, napping in the day while Amelia's busy with daddy or being quiet!! :haha:

I'm planning to breastfeed too, won't be buying any bottles or formula in advance but we have a co op and 24 hr asda within walking distance so if things get desperate I'll send DH out for some.

I'm planning to breastfeed too, won't be buying any bottles or formula in advance but we have a co op and 24 hr asda within walking distance so if things get desperate I'll send DH out for some.

You can always grab a box full of ready mades too - makes it easier for OH :haha:

I'm aiming to breastfeed but hoping to express so OH can help with feeds to :)
Ah don't get me started on heartburn, I can't seem to get rid of it :(

Feeling SO rough these few days. Feeling huge and tight all the time. I think her butt is currently up in my ribs and its super uncomfortable sitting, which is my job 10 (11) hours a day!! Yesterday I went to lay in bed an hour hoping to not get busted. Im tired, I am super cranky/emotional again, heartburn is killer and just plain achey. 45 days to go!!!

With DH not back to work yet from his Jan lay off, my getting denied short term disability for pre-existing condition, and NOW denied for emergency PTO shared donation from my company since preg is NOT an unforseen circumstance.. I am REALLY stressing about what we are going to do. 12 weeks off and I only have 15 days of PTO to use.

At least we have the shower this weekend. SO excited for that on Sunday and something to look forward to. Trying to schedule a pregnancy massage and pedicure etc to attempt to relax more.

I'd like to breast feed. My previous experience was a night mare, that I refuse to repeat. I have bottles and formula ready, just a bit of liquid stuff, just in case. If you don't have easy access to formula at any time of day, I recommend having it on hand.

My only bit of advice. Don't be foolish like me. If it's not working, your not a failure. I beat myself up so badly over it, I ruined the first 6 weeks of my relationship with my child. Those weeks should be about loving and snuggling that sweet little being, and all I remember is anger, sadness and resentment towards my boy, because he refused to latch, and cried every time I tried to feed him. It took months to form an attachment, and over a year to be able to talk about breastfeeding without feeling guilty. Formula will not ruin your baby. My child was a thousand times happier and healthier on formula than he ever was on breastmilk.

It's not easy. I hope that everyone here can be successful with it :)

My experience was similar to bumpin's though I quit even sooner. My son hadn't peed in 2 days in spite of hour-long-plus nursing sessions every 2 hours (so 45 minute breaks in between) and I was so resentful towards him and got panic attacks every time another feed came around. I even pumped for 1/2 hour after each feed so my life revolved around feeding and I STILL was only able to get 30mL pumped a day and after a week it was done to 5mL. So yeah....supply was definitely an issue.

I'm worried supply will be an issue again. I'm starting to get some colostrum already but when I hand-express I only get a few bubbles. I know it's early yet but that's what happened with my DS. I noticed that formula is on sale for $10 at our grocery store so am tempted to pick up a canister as those type of prices are super rare....

But I definitely would like to breast feed. Seems easier and cheaper. Bottle feeding is definitely not a cop out as it's so pricey and such an annoying hassle! It does work though.

Rosie - Aww bless, I'm sure he won't be that big :hugs:

Amour - Lovely bump pic :D

Hannah & Nic - Happy 34 weeks for yesterday :happydance:

Emalou & Magic - Happy 33 weeks for yesterday :dance:

I'm hoping to breastfeed, I managed to breastfeed Tyler for 2 weeks but with him being such a big baby and also having a tongue tie, we had to move to formula and I felt ever so guilty, I actually cried because I had to give breastfeeding up! Tyler was so much happier on Formula though :cloud9:

Argh! Hiccups with breech baby, I've been feeling hiccups everyday up high near my ribs (where head would be)

Tonight they are so so low... AND I'm getting movements near my pubic bone, which I haven't before.

Eek hope baby has moved

Eeeeek 5 weeks today and i should be having cuddles with my squishy new born little man!!!:cloud9:

ha ha excalibur! my mum predicts 9lbs and thats a week early lol!

I do intend to breastfeed again i tried with DD but only lasted around 2 weeks she wasnt latching properly and would feed for an hour and half at a time every 2 hours there was no relief, it wasnt till she was over a year old we found out she had liptie something that doesnt tend to get picked up upon, this time ive bought no bottles no formula as i think because i had them in the house i gave up easier and i have to say to this day its one of my biggest regrets and i wish i had perverveared with it! so i am going to give it my best shot this time plus i feel much more informed this time and know more what to look for and to know not to be afraid to ask for help!

emalou fingers crossed baby has done a flip for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->