May Emeralds 2014! :)

Yesh Lilly. I use breathing techniques for pain generally.

Early on in this pregnancy (3 weeks!) I ended up in A&E with ovarian hyperstimulstion and ovarian torsion. Most pain of my life. Morphine wouldn't touch it so relied a lot on breathing.

Apparently ovarian torsion is worse than childbirth. Problem with that it was that I didn't see an end to it. Gas and air was more helpful for the pain than morphine weirdly!!

Least with labour it's purposeful and you get a baby at the end. The pain is for a good reason and productive!

Nic you waiting till after your scan?

xx

4magpies no I just won't fit into maternity clothes yet! I'm very little so I doubt I'm really going to get a bump :(

Ohhh! After saying my shopping sucks I thought I'm going back shopping lol my mum and dad house is across the road from farnborough town (it sounds strange but better the it sounds lol) so I got maternity jeggings and Leggins, a normal jumper and some vest tops! So cute!

Then I poped into the half price toy sale and bought Ava a la la lopsie or whatever they are called but this one has a baby sister! Awww!

Rosie - I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of one of your babies :( :hugs:

thank you girls trying to stay positive and concentrate on the baby we still have I just pray its a little fighter just feel a little numb at the minute, have to go for my consultant apt on Tuesday still x

Woohoo, I have a friend who works in retail and found a pair of super comfy maternity jeans for less than $1 on sale at her store! I will likely not fit into them for too much longer, being that they're a size 2... but hopefully I can wear them for a couple more months. They are beyond comfy and none of my other jeans will button!

thank you girls trying to stay positive and concentrate on the baby we still have I just pray its a little fighter just feel a little numb at the minute, have to go for my consultant apt on Tuesday still x

:hugs:

Huge hugs, Rosie. :hugs:

My tummy was bothering me and kept me up all night long the other night. I couldn't figure out why until I woke up and noticed my bump had doubled in size! Have some stretching!

https://imageshack.us/a/img853/6063/esg6.jpg

12+5! (And a silly LO.)

:haha:! Shannon tori is so cute! bumps coming along nicely:)

I had tried all the breathing techniques, visualizations etc, but with contractions every 90 seconds lasting every 90 seconds, I couldn't progress. in 5 hours, I progressed half a centimeter. after I agreed to an epidural, I went the final 4.5 cm in less than an hour. totally worth it :)

I don't know yet if I'm having a VBAC or another c-section but if I do end up with a VBAC I will definitely ask for an epidural. I got one with my son and it helped take some edge off. But it didn't work completely and only lasted about 20 minutes.

I have a fairly high threshold of pain but I was not prepared for the pain of full-on contractions nor how strong the urge to push would be. I imagined it would be a sort of "oh, I feel like pushing now, la dee da". It was more like my whole body started to push down against my will and fighting that urge took every ounce of mental strength I had....which I don't have a lot of. I admit to having a full-blown panic attack and needing some oxygen to calming down. The contractions felt like a giant grinding his elbow into my gut. It sucked all the air out of me. All my friends had told me how they didn't feel a thing with their epidurals. I felt so ripped off. :haha:

Since the epidural didn't really take I had to be put under for the emergency c-section. I was feeling everything.

Rosie - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your twin. I hope your other precious baby holds on tight and grows big and strong. I lost a twin with my son. It's tough but there is some solace when you still get to hold a baby at the end. There is mixed feelings though.

yay for finding the heartbeat!

My uterus has been achy since last night, so annoying!
And I have been more nauseous again too.
Must be a growth spurt because this morning I found babies heartbeat about an inch under my belly button while before it was way lower! (I always do it in the morning, with full bladder so it is pushing my uterus out )
Also super loud :)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/PhantomNicole/f337628a-f21d-40ed-82f9-b033c188fad0_zpsc61e7e1d.jpg

10 week bump. I tried on 4 pairs of pants today, and 3 of them didn't fit. :wacko: I hope I get clothes for Christmas.

Nice bump, phantom!

I can still do up my jeans but it's really uncomfortable. I mostly wear my PJs or old maternity pants at this point. I need a new pair of jeans though as I wore my old pair completely through. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do for a winter coat. I don't want to buy a maternity coat as they're expensive and this probably will be my last baby. With my son, I was on bed rest so I didn't go out much and when I did, we lived in an area that never got very cold so I could live my coat unzipped whenever I dashed to the car for a doctor's appointment. But now I live in an area that gets to minus 35 degrees. I'd freeze before I made it to the car!:wacko:

Nice bump, phantom!

I can still do up my jeans but it's really uncomfortable. I mostly wear my PJs or old maternity pants at this point. I need a new pair of jeans though as I wore my old pair completely through. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do for a winter coat. I don't want to buy a maternity coat as they're expensive and this probably will be my last baby. With my son, I was on bed rest so I didn't go out much and when I did, we lived in an area that never got very cold so I could live my coat unzipped whenever I dashed to the car for a doctor's appointment. But now I live in an area that gets to minus 35 degrees. I'd freeze before I made it to the car!:wacko:

You could get a cape style coat like these rather than a maternity one https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/fashion/ideas/29958/31/best-capes-cape-coats.html

I'm going to need a coat.

They aren't cheap are they.

Going to try and hold off as long as possible on that one though.

I'm cooking brownies and watching a movie. Horrible weather here.

Got my overbump maternity jeans on today. They're amazing. So comfy but definitely accentuate my bump!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"