May Emeralds 2014! :)

Hot water lemon and honey is great the lemon is antiseptic and the honey coats your throat and soothes soreness

hiya girls sorry to bring a bit of a downer, we went for scan this afternoon and weve lost one of our babies :cry::cry: looks like its heart stopped literally days after my scan at 10w1d sonographer was quite shocked because everything looked perfect at my alst 2 scans, other baby looked totally fine and was bouncing and flipping about all over I just pray that this one is going to be ok xx

Oh, so sorry Rosie... hopefully everything stays ok with your other precious bean :hugs:

So sorry Rosie!! I hope the other baby will continue being well!

I am sorry Rosie. This happened to one of my IVF friends and she went on to have a happy healthy little girl. I think it's more common than people realise which of course doesn't make it any easier.

Thinking of you xxxx

I've been in town today. OH took me for lunch and got some. New clothes as nothing fits.

Got 2 pairs of maternity jeans, 2 tops, a jumper, a cardigan and some pumps and knee high boots.

Also got measured for our wedding rings.

Been well and truly spoilt.

Oh and pregnacare is buy one get one half price in Superdrug if anyone is interested.

I've had a shopping trip today too! I can't find anything I like :( I'm glad you found things x

H&m was awful :( x

So sorry Rosie :hugs:

Had my first appt yesterday! Everything went great! They were even able to find heart beat with simple Doppler! Ultrasound scheduled for November 18th :dance:

I went into h&m and thought it was really expensive for maternity but got a nice cardigan for £7.

I got two pairs of jeans for £35.00 from new look. Some black skinny under bump ones and some denim boot cut over bump ones. So comfy.

Just ordered this;

https://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=261314863037

One of my friends recommended it and I had a look in mothercare and it looked awesome but was £25!!

Mental how much cheaper stuff is online.

Also going to order my hypnobirthing book next month and CD!! So excited. Really want a natural pain relief free birth!

I got the hypnobirthing book and CD! Like it besides the claim that it can help have a pain free birth. Having had two kids myself there is no such thing as a pain free birth unless you get an epidural and even then its not a for sure! So Im looking into methods to help cope with the pain, instead of thinking I can completely stop it. That just sets women up for failure. Been there done that!

Occasionally you will hear women who say that their birth was not painful it was just pressure, those are super human women in my opinion :haha:

To be honest I have a quite high pain threshold and I understand it will be painful to a degree but I think the idea that it's what our bodies are made to do is right.

I've been looking at tens machines too as they look pretty cool.

x

I think it depends on how well you can cope with pain. I've done it 3 times and I know I'm weak at that and so I always ask for an epidural at some point.

I used the breathing methods and visualizing the uterus contracting from the hypno birthing book when I had my daughter at home 2.5 years ago.
I had HORRIBLE back labor starting from way early on (my husband and midwifes assistant actually had to GRAB and massage the bulging muscle that was popping out of my back to make me feel a LITTLE better) and my labor was 32 hours long, but I managed.
I had 1 tylenol throughout it to fall asleep for a few hours and that's it!

Yes it hurt but the pain was manageable because I knew my baby was going to come out soon.

Oh I am 10 weeks today, still nauseous every day, ugh.

Oh it's for sure manageable I just mean there is no way to have a pain free labor. Even if its bearable pain its still there. The methods to claim to make it pain free instead of make it manageable to me may harm a woman's birth than do good because when they are in pain they will think something's wrong with baby, them, labor ect when the natural process is being in pain and working your way through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->