May Marvels 2018

Gah, I joined the group then remembered my mom has my FB password so she can play her FB games! (She has her own profile but if she plays on my profile too she gets further on her games LoL). So I removed myself again. Too scared something shows up in the newsfeed and she sees it. Might join again after we tell them after my 8 week scan.

Yes we will definitely post here too! It's there ready for us to use when we're a bit further along too :) Plus we have our new signature coming soon for on here!!

I didn't realise this thread had started, I'm so behind the times. I'm due about the 6th of May.
I'll try and join the FB group now, I'm Stacey

What are betas?

I don't think we have them in the UK lol

What are betas?

HCG tests.
There's the qualitative one which is just HCG and only gives you a yes/no answer, and there's the quantitative one which is beta HCG (or bHCG) which gives the actual levels of HCG in your blood.

What are betas?

Beta hcg is the hormone the embryo gives off which enters our bloodstream. Drs will do a quantitative blood test to see how much you have in your system. It determines (to a degree) how the pregnancy is progressing.

ooh thinking about it, I think someone made an April/May/June Mums group on fb. I'll make one just for May Mummies if you like so we can all chat on there? A bit easier on there. If you want to join, add me on my personal profile and I'll add you. If you want to delete me right away that's fine, it's only so I can add you and keep the group secret :) https://www.facebook.com/emzywemzy83

Right, voting so far for the group name, May Marvels is winning so far with 5 votes! I've found the lady who does the graphics and she said she can make us a signature, so if everyone is happy to go with May Marvels, I'll ask her for that :)

I added you - I'm Terah :)

I'm a Luddite and don't have a FB so hope everyone keeps posting here! *hint hint nudge*

Am I the only one who kinda doesn't want lots of betas, etc.? I mean, I know it's necessary to keep track, but a part of me thinks if I don't know, nothing bad can take place, ha!

I have much less cramping today (minor tingles going down to pubic bone) and am hoping things have just settled for now.

I got 3 beta tests done. The first was too far away from the second to determine doubling time, so that was the point if the second and third. I'm not getting any more, though. I think it is easier for me to not have to think about and stress over.

Oh ok thanks :) I've never had one they don't do much in the UK you go and tell them your pregnant they just say ok come back at week 12 for your scan lol

I had them with my first and second as I had really bad cramps. Haven't this time though, as although I have the cramps again, I know they are normal!

Oh ok thanks :) I've never had one they don't do much in the UK you go and tell them your pregnant they just say ok come back at week 12 for your scan lol

Typically you don't have them done unless you have had prior issues. I didn't have any until after 2 losses. I now request them for my own sanity.

Hey emzy I just added you, I'm Susana.

Just did my last digi to calm my nerves and see if hcg has risen any. I got a 2-3! So very happy about that. I've been going over my very erratic and extremely long chart and I think I may be due around the 17th but guess all will be confirmed at the scan in two weeks. I hate not knowing lol

Hey ladies, I'm excited and overwhelmed to be joining you all! I got my BFP a couple of weeks ago and my EDD is around May 1st. This pregnancy was a total surprise. I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old. :wacko::coffee::headspin:

I cant wait to go on this journey with all of you!

I know most don't feel too much during W4, but my mondo cramps have subsided...talk me off the ledge and tell me it's normal, rofl. I have minor twinges still and crazy CM.

Also, OB just called to cancel tomorrow's appointment (first one) due to 3 offices being without electricity. Not sure what much she'd do so soon anyway, but now I wait for them to call and reschedule me...they book up so darn quickly!

Welcome traveling mom!

I wish I'd been able to get betas done. My gp didn't even entertain it though. I suppose EPU will do them if they think there is an issue. They did last time when I wasn't as far as I should have been and bleeding.

So exciting sushai!

Welcome traveling mom! You're gonna have some interesting times with a toddler and baby AND newborn!

Cheluzal, similar happened to me last week thurs/fri. Thurs (4+3) I had tons of bouts of nausea and boobs were a bit sensitive and just generally felt pregnant with lots going on inside. Friday (4+4) all of a sudden nothing, Nada, zip, zilch. No nausea. No tender boobs. Nothing. I wasn't even sure I was urinating as often. And then I did betas and got a number much lower than I expected. Really got me nervous. But as the weekend progressed I got a new full feeling in lower abdomen and Sunday night I had one bout of queasiness. Today's betas were much HIGHER than I expected so clearly things are growing in there, even if the symptoms.sporadically leave me in the lurch.

Regarding betas - I just take myself :haha:
My gyne has never requested them and I've never asked a GP to do them. I just take myself to the pathology lab and request them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->