May Marvels 2018

Welcome all the new bumps :flower:

Where do you ladies find these CB digi's with week indicator? I've driven all around town and can't find them anywhere. Been to Walgreens, CVS, Target, Walmart... maybe they just don't sell them 'round here :/

BUT I did schedule my 1st appointment/US for October 2nd, should be able to see and hear babies heart.:cloud9: I'll be 7+4 then.

The first one I used had test error, so I called their help line. They said the ones that show weeks are currently not being marketed in US. She implied it will be after the insert and packaging are updated but didn't say when.

Oh no broken I hope it eases! Have they said what's causing it? Have you bleed in previous pregnancies? Xx

Oh no broken! I hope it stops soon.

Ladies with older children - how do you get your child excited about a new baby? My son (nearly 6) has absolutely NO desire to have a sibling! I have a scan in 3 weeks that I wanted to take him to as my way of telling him about the pregnancy, but now I'm worried he's going to be mega upset when I'm wanting to be happy. Trying to think of positives of having siblings and have googled some book titles of story books about good sibling relationships that I want to see if our library has. But I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to make him excited at the thought and keen to have a sibling.

Oh broken! I hope the bleeding stops soon.

Huggles my son is 6 in three weeks and he wasn't happy at first that a new baby is coming. We then asked him if he'd like a little brother or sister, that's when he got excited on the possibility of having a brother as he already has two sisters lol.
I like your scan idea though, it might just do the trick!

I've recently move house so I need to register at a new GP before i can have my booking appointment. I'm going to try and get the registration finished this week. Took another test this morning and it looks the same as yesterday so getting abit worried the levels aren't rising so hopefully this little one sticks!

Thanks ladies. I bled at 8 weeks with my son. All my other pregnancies had ended in miscarriages. I've been bleeding on and off from the start this time so I'm trying not to panic. This mornings tests was instant and strong! So that can only be good right?

Huggles my son is 6 in December and we're not going to tell him until 12 weeks. We want to be sure everything is okay and the danger has passed. He's been asking about a sibling and is excited to talk about it.

When you have your scan and you're ready to tell your DS, maybe get him a little gift 'from the baby' to soften the blow a little. I think looking for stories is a great idea. Does he have any friends with younger siblings? Maybe arrange a play date and let him see that babies can be fun.

My son is adamant he wants a brother. 100%. If I ever have a girl I have to send it back or he's going to put it in the bin :haha:

My son is adamant he wants a brother. 100%. If I ever have a girl I have to send it back or he's going to put it in the bin :haha:

:rofl:

All his friends have younger siblings! Except one who he's not even that close to. He's great with babies, really sweet, and pretends his teddies are his babies etc. He just doesn't seem to want a real baby that's his sibling :shrug:

Maybe it's a fear of the unknown and the changes that might occur as a result.

:ROFL:

All his friends have younger siblings! Except one who he's not even that close to. He's great with babies, really sweet, and pretends his teddies are his babies etc. He just doesn't seem to want a real baby that's his sibling :shrug:

Maybe it's a fear of the unknown and the changes that might occur as a result.

I agree it's probably fear of the unknown. Or fear that he's going to be replaced.

If it were me I'd get a little gift from the baby when you tell him and keep talking about what a great a big brother he's going to be, and how much baby is going to love him and how excited baby is to meet him. I imagine once the shock wears off he will get super excited at the idea of being a big brother and the idea that he will have someone to look up to him. And play with him ofc. That's a big one.

I talked my son down from putting a sister in the bin by pointing out he'd be able to look after her and protect her as a big brother. And also that he could play dress up with her and all that. That mellowed him out a bit.

With mine I always mad sure they felt like it was our baby and that I would need their help with looking after the baby etc
Luckily they've always been quite excited about it. Xx

I made my first appointment for September 25th. I will be 7 weeks 6 days.

As for the nausea, today is pretty miserable, if I don't keep my stomach filled at least a little at all times I feel awful. Have to go buy myself some healthy snacks for work.

Had to talk my parents down from visiting us next year in March (we live abroad). I was like no, come in May, there are way more holidays (true) and it will be easier for us to take leave (half true, I will be on maternity leave, hehe). We won't tell anyone before our first scan, so I have to hold off a bit more.

Broken I hope it stops soon.

Ricschick-good luck!

Huggles- there is 9 years between my ds and dd. He stressed most of the pg and the first few months that he would be forgotten. I reassured him and had conversations with all of the close relatives so they were aware of how he felt so as not to be 'distracted' by the baby and leave him out. He always wanted to hold her so if anything he would get attention. He soon realized he wasn't forgotten. Now she's the one looking for his attention but manages to rile him up when he doesn't give it to her lol.

Afm-my betas are in Thursday 922 and yesterday 2420. That's a doubling time of 69 hours. Anything I read says after 1200 doubling time is 72-96 hours so I should be ok. I've never had my levels checked this high so I don't know what to think. I was expecting a higher number. Anyone have their betas checked over 1000 before?

Good delaying tactics Chibi! Well done.

I've told my very close friends and my cousin. Between me and DH we have no really close family to tell. We're estranged from my in laws, my mum died 3 years ago, my dad is busy shacking up with his new fiancé and the closest family we have is 200 miles away.
Still it'll be nice not to have overbearing in laws or family this time around. Silver lining and all that.

Thanks RnW. I think the fear of being forgotten is a very real one. Will just have to have some very careful chats with him these next few weeks.

As for your betas, the numbers sound great to me. With my first pg my betas were around 1300 at cd37, with second they were around 1600 I think, same CD.this is the first time I've ever done a second draw so no idea how long it took the previous numbers to double, but I think yours sound great.

Good luck Ricschick how exciting!

Broken I hope the bleeding settles down!

I just phoned and booked my first appointment and apparently they don't see you until 10 weeks now at my surgery so appointment isn't until 11th Oct which seems ages away!
I guess that also means I won't get my scan in early before I go on holiday on 24th Oct :nope: was hoping to have the 12 week scan before we went away so I could go knowing whether everything was ok!

Anyways ... just for my own satisfaction a little progression pic :happydance: I have promised myself I shall stop testing by Friday!!

Not sure why the pic is sideways ... but I love it when the test lime finally goes darker than the control!

Attachments

• 20170912_053656.jpg
    20170912_053656.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom