May Marvels 2018

Rosie-I know hydration helps with ‘plumping up’ the vein but if you have naturally small or flat veins I’m not sure how to improve. I have really small veins but a well trained nurse has no issues with them.
Cheluzal- I really hope you have some reprieve soon. I wouldn’t wean off any time soon if I was you either. Sitting and getting your hair done is a small feat that probably felt fantastic!
Chibi-so excited for you!

Broken so relieved for you!!

Had my scan yesterday and everything was great. Baby was wriggling away, waving it's arms and legs everywhere! Naughty baby had it's back to us the whole time, so they sent me away for a walk and some water. Scanned me again and it still had it's back to us, so couldn't get the screening measurements, so I have not have another blood test at 16 weeks for that. Otherwise all looks well, moved forward one day so now due 14th May :) Won't let me add the photo as it's too large apparently, but it's on the Facebook group.

If anyone else's due date has been moved, let me know and I'll update the first post :)

So awesome you got to see the baby move so much emzy! Sorry they couldn't get the measurements they needed.

Ahh lovely emzy. I find if I zoom in a bit on the picture then retake the photo it uploads. X

Ahh how lovely chi!
I think I felt a little something a few moments ago while sitting on the sofa!
A week today til my scan!! Who else has one next week? Anyone bought anything yet? I'm waiting til after my scan. X

I have my NT scan next Tuesday.
Haven't bought anything. Waiting until after my stitch is in and everything is declared ok. Starting to get really nervous for that as it isn't without risks. Just feeling a bit of an emotional wreck today about the next 2 weeks.

How's everyone doing with the no-no's of the pregnancy diet?

I had 2 pieces of Brie the other night without even thinking! And I have been eating deli meat since it's one of the only things I can stomach. In the morning I fry it for a breakfast sandwich but if I have it for lunch it's cold...! And still runnyyolks in my eggs.

So basically I haven't had alcohol and everything else I've eaten lol!

Ricschick my scan is a week today as well. I havent bought anything though, I think we're going to wait until the gender scan and also possible wait until Christmas is out of the way. If that last couple of months have been any indication it's gunna go flipping quick!

Oh my gosh Rosie. So many bloods!!! You'll be a pin cushion with a flat arm.

I'm really nervous about my bloods cos it's such a flipping drama to get them I end like pin cushion and in pain. I always seem to get midwives that can't take from my hands and have one half assed go with my elbow and send me to the hospital.

I've only got one good vein; I will be the best mate of the phlebotomists; how does one improve veins?!

I have given plenty of blood-drawers plenty of problems in the past, and in the past year or two, I got a LOT better about hydration and it's been a breeze with a few different phlebotomists (at least three, in different offices). Not a cure-all but definitely something to keep on top of!

Nearly 100% sure I felt baby yesterday! :) :) :)

Eeeeeeeee!

A week today til my scan!! Who else has one next week? Anyone bought anything yet? I'm waiting til after my scan. X

I have my NT scan next Tuesday.
Haven't bought anything. Waiting until after my stitch is in and everything is declared ok. Starting to get really nervous for that as it isn't without risks. Just feeling a bit of an emotional wreck today about the next 2 weeks.

NT scan & other screening fun (blood & ultrasounds, oh my) for me next Tuesday, too! Haven't bought a thing yet, but we've got a hand-me-down crib that a dear friend made (he teaches technical theater so making stuff is a huge part of his expertise), and they brought over a little box of books for babies, books for parents, and a few toys. That all seems soooooo far away for now.

How's everyone doing with the no-no's of the pregnancy diet?

I had 2 pieces of Brie the other night without even thinking! And I have been eating deli meat since it's one of the only things I can stomach. In the morning I fry it for a breakfast sandwich but if I have it for lunch it's cold...! And still runnyyolks in my eggs.

So basically I haven't had alcohol and everything else I've eaten lol!

It's been kind of hilarious as a vegan...the list basically drops to "sprouts, unpasteurized juice, and maybe things from deli cases." Definitely have had some sprouts on things at restaurants. The juice thing will drive me up the wall if I let it. Haven't missed alcohol, which has been a real surprise for cocktail-loving me! (My husband makes a fiiine cocktail. But he's wildly adaptable and makes really fun nonalcoholic drinks, too.)

Oh, and today's 13 weeks for me, which means Ovia says I have one more week until the second trimester, and Pregnancy+ says I'm in it now. Who knows! It's all made up!

Emzy yay for seeing baby! Sorry you didn’t get your measurements.
Could you change my due date to May 14 and I’m having a girl if you are adding that to the front?

Happy 13 weeks Kitten!

Huggles I’m sorry you are starting to stress about that but I completely understand how you are feeling. What risks are attached to having it done? I know nothing about it.

Ricschick I def went shopping today with the intention of buying something but didn’t find anything that jumped out at me. I literally have 5 totes of girls clothes, shoes, coats and accessories aged 0-12 months. I need to discriminate a little when shopping for this baby because I really need nothing lol.

Reiko I’ve really just been eating bread and cereal it feels like for the past 5 weeks. All of our cheese is pasteurized so no worries there. I think the listeria issue is under control especially with all of the issues from a few years ago. Health Canada scares the shit out of people but the likelihood of eating something while pg that may actually cause any problems is low. Unless you are eating foods that aren’t stored properly or past their expiry by a lot. The public health standards are high for foods sold.

I am feeling much better today, only a few gags this am because my stomach was empty but nausea is virtually gone and no headaches. Hallelujah!

Happy 13 weeks kitten!!

Glad your feeling better RnW!!! I don't really have any baby stuff as our last baby was meant to be our last lol!!! So I gave a lot of her stuff away ( wish I hadn't now!)

Welcome, VieraSky! This group is awesome, but moves quickly! Glad to have another member :thumbup:

Broken, I am so glad for your happy news (and so relieved for you)! Emzy, it's great to hear about your good scan, too. I can't believe some of us are already in the 2nd tri... I'm kind of envious, but also just happy to be progressing. I'll be 11 weeks on Saturday, but with the diabetes complications, it feels like time has been dragging since week 4. I'm sure all the HG and MS ladies feel somewhat the same!

Speaking of HG/MS, Chel, I am so happy that your symptoms have been more manageable. I agree with others that you don't need to try weaning off meds yet. Just enjoy the (momentary?) calm :haha:

Rosie, I am watching your Rh factor posts with great interest. It all sounds like such a mystery! I am Rh neg, but my donor is Rh pos, so I've already had to get a rhogam shot. Definitely no fun, as shots go, but at least it's better than the alternative scenario. I hope yours turns out to be no big deal! Oh, and I have terrible veins ever since I got pregnant. I have deep veins that are hard to find, but now they won't give up any blood! I hope you don't have too much trouble with the blood draws going forward. Ugh.

I forgot to ask, ladies who have begun feeling movement/flutters (or have in prior pregnancies), what do they feel like? As a first time mom, I am excited to experience this, but it sounds like most FTMs don't recognize the feeling as early as repeat moms. Right now, I'll just live vicariously through those of you who are feeling movements :haha:

Since this is my first, I think we're going to announce to "the world" after my 12 week scan on 11/14. We need everything, as the only thing we've bought so far is a 2nd hand cosleeper/bassinet. Our plan is to get some stuff onto the baby registry before the holidays so that our family can use that for Christmas shopping and my birthday (January). That way, we can begin getting things early and the shower will hopefully get us to where we don't have to buy too much before baby comes.

I'm just nervous about trying to do a baby registry between now and Thanksgiving... it seems so rushed, since I kind of have no clue what we need, aside from the obvious changing table, baby furniture, and room decor. Ahhh... just thinking about it makes me feel overwhelmed! :dohh:

The downside of being an older FTM is that my friends were done having babies so long ago that there are no hand-me-downs to be had, so we have to buy everything we'll need. If anyone has any recommendations of things to include on a registry or things to definitely not include, I'm all ears.

Welcome VieraSky!!

Wicky from what I remember it feels like butterflies fluttering in your tummy. Some say gas bubbles as well. I only felt DS a few tims before I could identify definite movement.

I have to say, it was so strange watching baby move on the scan without being able to feel anything. Really bizarre.

Welcome and congratulations Viera!

Ricschick I had nothing left after ds so we had to start over with dd. We did have a couple showers thrown for us which basically got all we needed.

Wicky after you eat you may notice the feeling of gas in your lower abdomen or slight bubbles. It’s easier to notice after 14 weeks. Some people describe it as butterfly wings tickling your insides...I’ve never felt butterfly wings so this makes no sense to me lol.
Dd I felt around 13-14 weeks, ds2 I felt around 13 weeks but this baby with the anterior placenta probably won’t be for a while. I’ve had a couple moments where I thought I had but it’s so very light I don’t trust that it’s baby.

Here are items that I used all the time swing, high chair that attaches to chair (later turns to booster), play yard, sleep sacks, receiving blankets, face cloths, burp pads, sleep sheep, video monitor. I’m sure there is way more I’m not thinking about. Most places that have registries also have lists of ‘essentials’ so then you just need to decide on brands and such. Since you are in the states Toys R Us has a great list of needs for 1st timers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->