~*May Miracles 2020*~

I feel like I’ve sunk to a new all time low, I’m wearing maternity trousers to work today (10 weeks) :blush: Because when I sit down my normal trousers dig in and hurt! I don’t think I was in maternity trousers until about 25 weeks last time! And I never wore maternity tops at all! :shrug:
I’m already in maternity pants too. I think it’s true that then belly bulges out sooner with your second. I’m telling my boss today about the pregnancy because I see her and others glancing at the belly. Last time I didn’t tell my boss till I was 20 weeks!

Kittykat, I am struggling too with trousers! So uncomfortable now, I cant wait till I can tell work then can wear comfort clothes and it doesnt matter if I show!!

I'm still able to fit into my jeans etc but they are a bit stretchy anyway. My nurse uniform dresses still fit OK but I think my belly is starting to show so I don't know for how much longer they'll fit.

I had my flu jab today! I usually feel awful for a couple of days after so I've waited until my nausea has mostly gone before agreeing to it lol

I had my prenatal visit today. Took another scan at 10weeks and heard heartbeat again today! It is sounding so strong. I took my own video so I can hear it over and over. Lol

I did my blood work and urine today so I have to wait for the results.

I go back in 2 weeks for nuchal. I’m getting so excited for this little one.

So my jeans, which my wardrobe consists of mainly, are digging in. I went to the doctor today with them unbuttoned.
The nurse told me to use a hair band to close them up. I’ll look into getting some before buying new jeans. Lol

So my jeans, which my wardrobe consists of mainly, are digging in. I went to the doctor today with them unbuttoned.
The nurse told me to use a hair band to close them up. I’ll look into getting some before buying new jeans. Lol

I have seen special stretchy panels you can use on jeans as well, might be worth looking into those? Xx

So far I can still wear my normal clothes but I don’t think it’s going to be for much longer. My stomach seems to bloat late afternoon and evening then I look have pregnant but in the morning it’s not noticeable yet

cnote, how did your work take the news of your pregnancy?

I haven’t told anyone at work. I don’t think I’m saying anything until January, lol.

The next two months ppl will be taking a lot of time off and/or working from home. I plan to WFH as much as possible. So Jan seems best for me.

I've had the hairband on my jeans since 5 weeks because I hated anything tight on my tummy! It's such a good idea lol

Nausea is definitely getting better and I think my appetite is starting to come back too. Fingers crossed for a nice second Trimester!

I have been wearing maternity pants for a while now! I think they're super comfy! Doc told me to expect a quick belly since the time between the pregnancies was so short, my body was still in the "mode".

My work has known for a while too. So I don't have to hide it which makes it much simpler.

Glad to hear some peoples nausea is easing up!

I've been looking at nub theory and my scans and now convinced I'm having another girl lol. All could change by 20 week scan but for now it defo seems like a girly nub!

So far I can still wear my normal clothes but I don’t think it’s going to be for much longer. My stomach seems to bloat late afternoon and evening then I look have pregnant but in the morning it’s not noticeable yet

cnote, how did your work take the news of your pregnancy?
Well, they were fine with it. I told my boss in the same conversation after she had yelled at me and said I wasn't a team player, which is nuts. My whole team is new, like less than 1 year, it's only 3 people. The other two people have buddied up and are BFFs - they are also younger than me, and very ambitious, always extra enthusiastic and really roll our the red carpet for the boss. I am busy with my life and don't have the time nor energy for office politics and brown nosing. I do my job (and I do it well) and I go home and focus on the family. Apparently this is being seen as "anti social" even though I meet every deadline and am probably the most productive person on the team. I decided to tell my boss I was pregnant so she could either a) fire me and let me collect unemployment, or b) hopefully ease up on me until the baby comes. I thoroughly intend to leave the job once the baby arrives.

Well, they were fine with it. I told my boss in the same conversation after she had yelled at me and said I wasn't a team player, which is nuts. My whole team is new, like less than 1 year, it's only 3 people. The other two people have buddied up and are BFFs - they are also younger than me, and very ambitious, always extra enthusiastic and really roll our the red carpet for the boss. I am busy with my life and don't have the time nor energy for office politics and brown nosing. I do my job (and I do it well) and I go home and focus on the family. Apparently this is being seen as "anti social" even though I meet every deadline and am probably the most productive person on the team. I decided to tell my boss I was pregnant so she could either a) fire me and let me collect unemployment, or b) hopefully ease up on me until the baby comes. I thoroughly intend to leave the job once the baby arrives.

I had a similar situation with my first. I had started teaching at a new school and a month in fell pregnant. I was so sick and struggling a lot. Well this math resource teacher took offense to me not jumping to listen to her complaints about how I was doing something right at that moment when I also had a screaming kid and was about to puke. She went to the principal who called me into her office and basically said people thought I wasn’t being a team player. I told her then I was pregnant and you should have seen her switch gears so fast. They definitely don’t want to pull at that thread in our school system they will get in a ton of trouble for discrimination. So everyone eased up on me and I proved how big of an asset I was after I was done being sick and the principal was very nice at the end of the year when I left to stay home. It’s annoying how quick people are to judge women for not being a “team player” if we are not 10000% in at every moment.

I had a similar situation with my first. I had started teaching at a new school and a month in fell pregnant. I was so sick and struggling a lot. Well this math resource teacher took offense to me not jumping to listen to her complaints about how I was doing something right at that moment when I also had a screaming kid and was about to puke. She went to the principal who called me into her office and basically said people thought I wasn’t being a team player. I told her then I was pregnant and you should have seen her switch gears so fast. They definitely don’t want to pull at that thread in our school system they will get in a ton of trouble for discrimination. So everyone eased up on me and I proved how big of an asset I was after I was done being sick and the principal was very nice at the end of the year when I left to stay home. It’s annoying how quick people are to judge women for not being a “team player” if we are not 10000% in at every moment.
Wow. What is wrong with people? Some people just look for perceived mistakes and are so quick to judge and make conclusions. I too work in a predominately female field and I have never learned to deal with all the mind games/mind reading/office politics...I decided after this baby I am done with toxic work environments. Life is just too short and the time with our kids is too short! Anyway, super glad they eased up on you and you were able to enjoy the pregnancy! Thanks for sharing your experience =)

I’ve been in maternity trousers since about 10 weeks and even put on a pair of big old granny knickers today too! This is my third pregnancy in 3 years and my bloat is terrible. I’m so relieved I can tell people now, because I can stop trying to hide my stomach! Even though it’s bloat and not baby yet, I’ve decided to embrace it and go with it for comfort’s sake.
I also bought 3 new comfy maternity tops last week, so I’m going all in when I go back to work tomorrow (I’ve been off for a week - I’m a teacher and it was half term)! I wonder what the kids will say :lol::rofl::haha:

How are we all doing this week ladies?? Hope everyone is feeling better :)

I doing good! And feeling much better now too! Hope everyone else is doing okay too :)

I guess I’m feeling better but that’s relative. I’m vomiting still a lot and nauseous but it’s less. I don’t feel like I’m dying but I don’t feel excellent.

I’ve managed a few photo shoots so that is something. Still haven’t started exercising yet maybe next week I’ll be feeling well enough. Do wish I could find something to eat though.

Glad you're both feeling better ladies but Symphony I hope the vomiting eases off soon.

I just have issues with my reflux. The nausea has pretty much gone and some days I feel totally normal but when the indigestion hits its awful! I think that's getting less tho. Gag reflex still isn't brilliant but I can't complain too much!

Hi ladies

I’m doing great! I dreamt last night I was having a baby girl, I was holding her in my arms showing her off, lol.

My only complaints are still being tired and sore boobs. I haven’t had any morning sickness thankfully.

My 12 week mark is next Friday I have the nuchal scan. I can’t wait to see miracle baby again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"