~*May Miracles 2020*~

Congratulations Missie! Your 2 boys will have so much fun together <3

Congrats Missie!!!

Glad everyone is doing so well!

We have finally narrowed names down to 2 options; Josh or Jordan but I am totally stuck as to which I like more. Our surname is Levey (pronounced Lee-vee). What do you ladies think?

I taught a Jordan Levi a few years ago... so that one doesn’t feel right for me! Maybe you could wait until you meet him and see which one he looks like?

I’m waiting to see the perinatal mental health midwife and am off work today. I have been so exhausted and am feeling myself sliding down the slope to anxiety and depression. I really wanted to get through this pregnancy without needing extra support, but the meltdown I had last night made me realise that I can’t go on like this. I’m so tired that I just can’t function - working as a teacher and looking after 2 small toddlers is hard anyway, but adding on a third pregnancy in 3 years means I’m done in. I think they will recommend that I take some time off work and I think that is what I need. The kids are at nursery Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and I think I need those days to try to rest.
I feel like a total failure at everything - I’m not teaching well, I’m a horrible, angry parent and wife and I’m not getting much joy out of anything at the moment.

I’m waiting to see the perinatal mental health midwife and am off work today. I have been so exhausted and am feeling myself sliding down the slope to anxiety and depression. I really wanted to get through this pregnancy without needing extra support, but the meltdown I had last night made me realise that I can’t go on like this. I’m so tired that I just can’t function - working as a teacher and looking after 2 small toddlers is hard anyway, but adding on a third pregnancy in 3 years means I’m done in. I think they will recommend that I take some time off work and I think that is what I need. The kids are at nursery Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and I think I need those days to try to rest.
I feel like a total failure at everything - I’m not teaching well, I’m a horrible, angry parent and wife and I’m not getting much joy out of anything at the moment.

Oh Ellie I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Please don't feel like a failure.... You've just explained in your post why you're so exhausted and it's perfectly understandable why youre feeling the way you're feeling. I think definitely resting days are needed for you and it will make a difference. If you can discuss with work about any way to lift the work pressure off you a little or even taking time out of work. It'll be far better in the long run.

Im trying to rest where I can but now I have a love hate relationship with my bed because it's so comfy and I'm tired but the pelvic pain when turning in bed is already getting bad. I'm dreading how bad it will get.

Aphy, I am a big fan of Jordan!

Ellie, I am so sorry you feel this way. I was on a sloppery slope after giving birth. I hope you get the rest and support you need to get you through this tough time. Its never easy :hugs:

Aphy - Jordan gets my vote too!!

Ellie - sorry to hear your not feeling good, but please know, you are not a failure at all!! I hope some rest makes you feel better. And dont forget, we're all here to support you too!

Great news about the scan missie!!

Aphy, I like josh! Or Joshua. I tried to convince my husband to name our bub Joshua but no dice. We are struggling to come up with a name big time. Our son who will be three next week said we should name the baby “friend”! :D

ellie I totally understand your position and if you need time off, you take it! 3 babies in 3 years would take a big toll on anyone and sometimes you just gotta slow down and take a break. I am also going to take some time off work when the baby comes, for similar reasons. My husband and I both work demanding jobs and I told him I need a break when the baby comes and possibly a new career path. I’m currently an analyst in govt and I just don’t want to parent in a fog and barely get through each day of these precious years with my kids. I dunno, just gonna take a break and think about it. Anyway you’re not alone! Gotta take care of yourself, no shame in needing help/a break. Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you for the opinions ladies!

Ellie, nothing wrong with feeling overwhelmed, I am amazed you are still functional with having to balance all that! I hope you start feeling better soon xxx

Jary, I know what you mean bout pelvic pain...My hips ache horribly some nights then I struggle to fall asleep again. Iv also started with some pain in the front pelvis/crotch area and tailbone whenever I have been sitting and then have to stand up...so painful

Aphy I've self referred to physio so I will hopefully get some support from them! I have a birthing ball to help at the moment.

Hello ladies, having a small panic, I decided to feel my cervix today, not sure why but I just did, anyway it feels super short and incredibly soft. Like it feels like it did a few days before I gave birth to Evie. It’s really freaking me out that I’m going to go into very early preterm labour given I’m only 20 weeks! I didn’t dare touch the hole just in case I irritated something, I’ve been having what I thought were braxton Hicks sporadically over the last few weeks now worried they were true contractions. Am I going nuts?

I think if its worrying you you should maybe phone in for an apt? I never felt my cervix so I couldn't say if it's normal or not. Although I would be inclined to believe that its BH you're having because a contraction you know its one. But I would say nothing wrong with getting a check up.

On my side DS has a gastro. So I have it. Cant even drink water. I feel like death.

Hello ladies, having a small panic, I decided to feel my cervix today, not sure why but I just did, anyway it feels super short and incredibly soft. Like it feels like it did a few days before I gave birth to Evie. It’s really freaking me out that I’m going to go into very early preterm labour given I’m only 20 weeks! I didn’t dare touch the hole just in case I irritated something, I’ve been having what I thought were braxton Hicks sporadically over the last few weeks now worried they were true contractions. Am I going nuts?

They measured my cervix at my 20 week check up and I have a short cervix, 2.5. They put me on progesterone. You should get an official diagnosis before you start worrying.

Kitty I would call your midwife so they can check you over! I'm sure it's fine but I can see why it's worried you!

Have any of you managed to see baby movements in your tummy?? My daughter got to see her sister kick my belly last night which made it wobble and jump. She was absolutely thrilled at seeing it!! Definitely getting the beginnings of defined movements like different limbs and more purposeful!

Despite my anterior placenta, I am starting to get regular movements at last and plenty that show from the outside. It’s a relief but also makes it very real... in 16 weeks I’m going to have 3 small children.
I’ve been off work since last Friday. I’m completely exhausted. I’m supposed to go back next week, but I don’t know if that’s too likely right now. I feel so guilty leaving my classes with supply teachers, but I’m so tired right now that I’m not sure I’d be able to deal with teenagers without crying. I keep having massive meltdowns and crying/screaming. I’ve never been this much of a mess before.

Thanks for all the encouragement, I felt it again just now and it’s still super soft but it doesn’t feel like super short/thin anymore, not sure if baby was just down in the pelvis area and it was stretching it out or what! My main worry is that braxton hicks and contractions feel the same for me, they did with my daughter, only reason I knew I was in labour were they didn’t stop after 10 minutes! I had regular braxton hicks from 17 weeks, from about 30 weeks onwards I’d have patches of braxton hicks lasting 5-10 minutes but they would be regular like how you would expect labour to be, like occasionally every 2 minutes lasting 20-30 seconds! Only time they got more intense was when I was already 10cm! It’s something I’m careful about this time because last time I brushed it off as braxton hicks every time!

Well that was scary.
Went to the GP yesterday lunchtime to collect my fit note for work (midwife signed me off because I’m so tired). While I was there, I had a dizzy spell and woke up covered in ECG pads and very tachycardic. GP called an ambulance and I spent a few hours in A&E being checked out. Every time I over exert myself, my pulse races and I get dizzy.
They’ve taken lots of bloods and I’ll hear more on Monday, but they think I’m exhausted and I need to take it easy.
I’ve been signed off for 3 more weeks.

Well that was scary.
Went to the GP yesterday lunchtime to collect my fit note for work (midwife signed me off because I’m so tired). While I was there, I had a dizzy spell and woke up covered in ECG pads and very tachycardic. GP called an ambulance and I spent a few hours in A&E being checked out. Every time I over exert myself, my pulse races and I get dizzy.
They’ve taken lots of bloods and I’ll hear more on Monday, but they think I’m exhausted and I need to take it easy.
I’ve been signed off for 3 more weeks.

gosh that is scary!!! I had that happen but I wasn’t pregnant then, and I was about 83lbs so I knew why! Hope you manage to take it a bit easier (although I imagine that’s hard with 2 young children) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->