~*May Miracles 2020*~

Thanks Kittykat, it reassures me. I had them early with DS1 but, not this early. Then again, last time I didnt have to run after a 15 months old... haha. I just always fear the pain will shot up and it'll feel like a real one. really can't wait for my apt next week so I can relax a little.

I have a similar bump to yours, very low as well! It makes you think eh? When people say different belly and whatnot make for different genders! Guess not!

I feel you, turns out my placenta is half anterior, half posterior *didn't know that was a thing* so, I go from feeling movements to nothing for days (I guess it depends on where bub is kicking and hanging out that day)

I have anterior placenta this time and it’s taken until now (22 weeks today) to feel more consistent movements. Still nowhere near as much as previous pregnancies at this point though.

I’ve also had a few bouts of BH. It’s an odd feeling, but they do ease up when I rest and drink more fluid.

Well that was the longest scan ever!!!! 3 hours we were there, the baby was in the wrong position to get 2 of the measurements, 5 walks and 3 technicians trying baby finally moved and so we could finish up!!!

Have to go back at 28 weeks as my placenta is low but I had that with my son and it had moved up out the way in plenty of time.

Oh and.....its a :pink:

Little bub didn't want to cooperate haha!
Congrats on the little girl!

FX the placenta moves up by then! Did they say it was low as in covering the cervix, or just much lower than they would like?

Thank you!

Low and covering the cervix as I understand. FX it moves!

I’m sorry about the placenta previa. Fingers crossed it moves away. Congratulations on baby girl - just what you secretly hoped for and one of each is so lovely!
I have a scan at 28 weeks too (and 32 and 36 and probably more) because my son stopped growing, so they like to do growth scans. I find scans make me very nervous, but I appreciate that they are doing it to look after my baby.
I was in the unit yesterday to see the consultant (she wasn’t there yet again and they tried to get me to see an SHO but I need to see my consultant, so they have rebooked me next week) and I saw the lovely sonography who has done many of our scans. I’ll see her again in just 6 weeks!

I've known quite a few people like that and it moved up so, I'm keeping my FX for you!

Ellie, I had extra growth scans too last pregnancy because I was at risk for IUGR (I mean he was born little but never stopped growing), and I only saw briefly the private test results last time, I'll know more next week, but I do believe I have the same low level hormone again that could lead to IUGR again...

I feel you about the stress of extra scan, although I don't know why, this pregnancy I feel like something is wrong every second, so I'm telling myself extra scans will keep me calm?

Yay congrats on the baby girl Babylove!

Our girl seems to have one day lazy then one day active etc lmao, but it was lovely on NYE as hubs finally felt two little kicks.

I've had a bit of a morning so far. I was taking my daughter to a kids disco, went round a roundabout and a car the other side wasn't going to stop (he did last minute) but I swerved and bumped my car so the front tyre took the impact and split it. So that's going to be close to £100 to replace the tyre. We are all OK I'm just angry about it all.

Debating taking my rings off, struggled a little to get them off this morning which makes me sad. I’m only 20 weeks and still weigh less than pre pregnancy but I guess I have some water retention! I don’t want to take them off, I look really young and I don’t want horrible comments from people like I did last time. I can still wear them but I’m worried that I will have to get them cut off if I’m not careful and I really really don’t want that!!

If it helps Kittykat, I look really young (buying alcohol, lottery etc is 18yo and I get ID every time). My rings are very obvious. And yet I got comments last time, this time as well... (When we went to see santa at the mall at christmas, a mom told her teenager daughter, if you bring me home a kid this young, I will slap you across the face... like Maam, we are almost 30 with our own home kthanks... and she was giving us a nasty look. And I was holding my son with my ring hand on full display).

If people feel like being nasty and judgy even though they know nothing... they'll do it rings or not. Unfortunately. I'd say if it gets bad, don't risk having to damage them or hurt yourself. What I did at the end of my first pregnancy, I would only put it on sometimes when we went out. And take it off again once we'd be home/in the car.

I took off my engagement ring already and am just wearing my wedding ring. Last time I wore my wedding band on a chain around my neck. Honestly I think that most people these days doesn't give a f... about having kids without being married or when you are young. And those that do and who will judge you for it are not the type of people you want to give attention to anyway.
Try to just ignore them. :shrug:

I am also blessed/cursed with looking younger than I am. When I was out with my daughter I was told I am a very motherly big sister...ummm that’s because I am her mother. People are weird and judgemental.

I have two wedding rings. One a couple of sizes bigger than the other, not expensive just nice to have one to wear regardless of my fingers swelling. I don’t actually care what people think I just feel weird without a ring on now. Habit after nearly 7 years I guess!

I honestly never even think about how others perceive me without my ring, but I am so lazy and I live in a very liberal US city so I guess I’m just use to not caring! I wear my ring now cause it’s not causing issues but I remember with my son I took it off around the 32 week mark.

I’m more worried that I’ll be thought to be my kids’ grandma if I stop dyeing my grey roots! I’m told I don’t look 42, but I’m starting to feel it and I do sometimes wonder how it will be being in my 50s when my kids go to secondary school.

Oh god my first pregnancy gave me so many grey hair. I wanted to cry. Not dying them right now though. Too chicken haha.

I had my apt today. HB was good. I was officially ruled out of the anomaly. My hormone PAPPA is borderline but within the norm this time. So after all no extra follow up this time for risk of IUGR!

Now all thats left is tomorrow afternoons anatomy scan!

That's great news missie! I bet your relieved!! Good luck for your anatomy scan today, yay for seeing baby again!!!

Oh god my first pregnancy gave me so many grey hair. I wanted to cry. Not dying them right now though. Too chicken haha.

I had my apt today. HB was good. I was officially ruled out of the anomaly. My hormone PAPPA is borderline but within the norm this time. So after all no extra follow up this time for risk of IUGR!

Now all thats left is tomorrow afternoons anatomy scan!
Awesome news missie! Hoping the good news keeps on coming! So grateful for all the good health and results on this thread, we sure are a lucky group of mamas.

Yes agreed we are doing so well with our babies!

It's weird to think in a few months they'll be ready to make an appearance :cloud9:

Thank you everyone.
It went amazing all was good.

Almost hugged the radiologist who said it was easy to do the echo cause I was so skinny. Hahahahaha.

And its WITHOUT a doubt... a boy hahaha!!

20200108_162053_compress41.jpg
20200108_162120_compress82.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you everyone.
It went amazing all was good.

Almost hugged the radiologist who said it was easy to do the echo cause I was so skinny. Hahahahaha.

And its WITHOUT a doubt... a boy hahaha!!

View attachment 1076532
View attachment 1076526

Congrats on another beautiful boy!!!!

And yep there is no mistaking he's definitely a boy :lol:

My girly has been like a little octopus this evening. She mostly likes to jump on my bladder and cervix like they're trampolines tho :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->