~*May Miracles 2020*~

Ladies do you have the measurements from your 20 week scans if you've had them already? I keep worrying about mine. The sonographer said baby was all OK but she's on a lower percentile for her brain size and higher percentile for her abdomen size. I'm sure it's all fine as still within the expected ranges but I can't help but read into it too much! Damn anxious mummy troubles!

Mine will also be on the 8th. With my first, I don't remember the measurements anymore. All I remember is that her head was measuring 5 days behind, her abdomen was measuring 2 days ahead and her femurs were 5 days ahead! At 14m old, her head is still pretty small (much below average) and her height and weight is roughly in the 30th percentile. She is super intelligent though (in my own opinion of course). Believe me, once you give birth you will be glad for that small head. Either way, I don't think that you need to worry about these measurements now unless a doctor tells you that it's too far outside the norm.

She might have a small head, but I think it just makes her prettier :oops:
SmartSelect_20191226-212552_Gallery.jpg

Both Kirree and this one measured ahead for abdomen at 20 weeks.
Kirree then measured massive for head at about 30 weeks (which made me wince in anticipation!). She was born absolutely in proportion.
I don’t remember with Finlo, but he was in proportion at birth too (just miniature everything at 5lb7oz- though he is now the same as his peers at nearly 3 years old.)

I was told that different parts of the growing baby will have growth spurts at different times, so a scan could catch baby just after a growth spurt for one part.
Seriously, you have no need to worry. Are you having any more scans?

I will have growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks due to Finlo being born a few weeks premature after he stopped growing and then what happened afterwards.
With Kirree, I had scans roughly every 2 weeks from 28 weeks because of my anxiety after what happened to Finlo.

Thanks ladies. Her head size is fine it was the cerebellum that's smaller. I guess foetal percentiles are just like child growth percentiles as in not every child is going to follow them exactly as predicted but they grow and develop all the same.

Im so tempted to book a private scan at a later date. I really want to see her again!

So how are you all sleeping? I keep waking for the loo and then I'm also worried about cramp - my legs always feel like they might cramp up when I get into bed! They haven't yet, but I'm sure they will at some point.

My plan is to invest in a huge body pillow :lol:

In the UK our Mothercare stores are closing down and some discounts have been really good. Yesterday I got some maternity cloths with 70% off! My daughter picked a going home sleepsuit for baby and also a pretty dress for when the warmer weather comes. My husband bought the car seat there too as it was half price so I'm very pleased with what we got. The only big thing we need now is a new mattress for the cot but baby won't be using that for a while as I have a crib to be next to me. My plan is to start collected reusable nappies and then in early April I'll start getting wipes and disposable nappies, bedding and stuff for my boobs like the lanolin a ointment and breast pads.

Im so impatient and already can't wait for her to be here :cloud9:

I’m glad you managed to find some bits from Mothercare, we found the sale really disappointing, everything we wanted was only about 10% off so didn’t feel much like a bargain so we didn’t get anything!

I’m glad you managed to find some bits from Mothercare, we found the sale really disappointing, everything we wanted was only about 10% off so didn’t feel much like a bargain so we didn’t get anything!

From what I've heard it's been varying across the country what people have managed to get. Some stores have already closed too so I guess we were lucky where we are. I was dreading spending however much on maternity jeans but thankfully the sale was perfect timing. So that's what I was most pleased about.

This is going to be long!!!

I’ve picked up so much from Mothercare in Taunton. I’m so sad it’s closing, but have benefitted a lot from the sales. I’m currently wearing the most comfy maternity trousers I’ve ever owned. Went back for more but they were out of size 12s - only had sizes 8 and 20 left!!!
We bought a new Moses basket because Finlo trashed the one we had when Kirree was just growing out of it. I also future proofed clothes for F and K and bought one neutral sleepsuit for the baby. Not going to buy it much new stuff as I have all of F and K’s clothes in boxes, so we are covered! Newborn and 0-3 clothes barely get worn, so it will be good to use them again.

TMI stuff:
I’m pretty sure I have a haemorrhoid. I had a 3b tear during Kirree’s birth just 15 months ago and the wound healed really well, but since I’ve been pregnant again, it’s been a bit sore and now I’m getting pain and blood when I do a poo.
I’m being seen by my consultant on Thursday, because of the pain with my scar site, but I think the appointment will be more about my other area now. Lovely. I hate all that stuff, but I need to get things sorted before my next delivery.

Sleep has been a lot more broken recently. I find that if I wake up needing to wee, I won’t get back to sleep until I do. It’s usually 2 or 3 times a night. I also don’t dare stretch my legs at all now, after the most hideous cramps the other week! I get them every pregnancy around now, so I should never have stretched!

The main thing for me though is the extreme tiredness. It’s got even worse now, to the point that I may end up having to take some time off work next term. I’m going to ask the consultant about it, because last time I felt like this I was quite badly anaemic, so probably should get my iron checked.

So that’s me. Hope everyone is ok and had a nice Christmas. Ours was so lovely, though Finlo (nearly 3) struggled with the lack of routine and excitement and had a lot of tantrums. He will be better once he’s back at nursery 3 days a week.

For those of you with leg cramps: have you tried potassium supplements? I take 150mg twice daily and it started to work after about 3 days. Took away my restless legs completely and really reduced the night leg cramps to almost nothing. I did the same with my previous pregnancy.

As for shopping, I've not bought anything. We have everything we need since Leila is practically still a baby and she had waaay too much clothes and blankets and cloths etc anyway. I might buy 2 or 3 sleepers for the hospital just so that the new baby has something new and I don't feel too guilty. And considering a double stroller, but might end up wearing the new baby for the first few months and then Leila can stay in her stroller.
I don't know what else I will need apart from diapers :shrug:

I haven't bought much, for myself or for the baby. My last pregnancy wasn't that long ago, so I've kept the same clothes. As for the baby, well, I'm in your boat Blo, haha. My son is only 15 months, and we're having another boy, so I've got a ton of clothes that weren't even put away yet. Mateo was born small at 5lbs and a half, so, I even have a lot of up to 7lbs clothes and 0-3 and 3-6 and etc, etc. Most of it barely used, so! They will finally get used.

For Christmas people already gave Rafael clothes, so I don't even think I'll be buying a few things, and my MIL and my mom are planning another baby shower, so I don't even think I'll need to go through buying a few new pieces so that like you Blo, I don't feel guilty about giving new baby only hands me down.

During black friday on amazon we got a box of newborn size diapers (88diapers) (since I ended up needing 3 boxes of those with Mateo...) for 8$ and a box size 1 (144 diapers) for 10$ so. And a wipe warmer. And we already bought a new bedroom set for the new baby, so. I don't think we need much more.

I might ask the consultant about potassium - good call, thanks.

I have a similar gap between Finlo and Kirree (19 months) and I can’t bear double buggies, so he went straight onto the buggy board when she was in the pushchair/carrycot. But he was never a massive fan of being strapped into the pushchair anyway. Kirree likes it much more, so we have just bought a second hand Silver Cross Pop for her (so light and easy for me to fold up and put into the car when pregnant) and will attach the buggy board to that. I’ll sling the baby when I have all 3 kids.

I might ask the consultant about potassium - good call, thanks.

I have a similar gap between Finlo and Kirree (19 months) and I can’t bear double buggies, so he went straight onto the buggy board when she was in the pushchair/carrycot. But he was never a massive fan of being strapped into the pushchair anyway. Kirree likes it much more, so we have just bought a second hand Silver Cross Pop for her (so light and easy for me to fold up and put into the car when pregnant) and will attach the buggy board to that. I’ll sling the baby when I have all 3 kids.

Never heard of a buggy board before. I just googled it and it looks awesome! What a great alternative to a double stroller, wow! Thanks <3
I love our current stroller (Cybex Balios S) so much, and this would mean that I don't have to replace it :dance:

That potassium supplement might come in useful! My husband certainly needs it as he gets awful restless legs!

It's been 7 years since I was last pregnant so we pretty much had to start from scratch with baby things. Although we kept Alice's cot so just need a mattress for it. We have some baby clothes from when she was tiny but we gave most of it away!

Im certain our girly knows when I get my husband to watch or touch my bump - she stops kicking as soon as I do it.... Cheeky bubba already!! :lol:

We haven't bought anything for the new baby. Our son is three in January and we still have basically all his baby clothes and toys, bottles, etc., so we will try to reuse as much of it as possible. I think we just need newborn diapers and formula (I ended up formula feeding last time since I didn't produce enough milk), and maybe a few newborn outfits. I've been so sick for so long, since early Nov, with severe cold symptoms and a stomach flu thrown in, that I haven't been able to even think about prepping for the baby.

cnote, don’t assume you definitely won’t be able to breastfeed this baby if you would like to.
I’ll put the rest behind a spoiler and won’t say anything more after this, because I know it’s a sensitive subject and can upset people.
I had a lot more milk with my second baby and was even able to donate some, despite struggling for ages with my first (while he was on a feeding tube in the NICU, he had to have some formula because my supply kept dropping). The second time, I started expressing colostrum from 37 weeks and then my milk came in on day 2 and I had the most amazing supply.
I’m now a trained breastfeeding peer supporter, so if you would like any advice or support, please just ask.

Its finally my 20 week scan tomorrow!!! I've no idea how I'm gonna sleep tonight! I'm so excited!! I've kept myself busy today by redecorating our bedroom, it was so sparse and needed jazzing up! I stripped the wallpaper on xmas eve so I knew I had to do something quick haha.

I think I'm gonna be team blue, I'd say I'm secretly hoping team pink but I just dont feel like I'm destined to have a girl. DS really wants a brother though so if its blue I wont be sad as I'll be so happy for him, if that makes sense!

Good luck with your scan babylove! It's so exciting to see our little bubs again!

Anyone else being plagued by BH? It's been a pain. and it's making me nervous.

Good luck Baby Love! I'm sure everything is great and you will be so excited for either gender!

Missielibra - YES! I've been having painful BH the last couple weeks. I did some research and it can be triggered by dehydration so I drank a bunch of water when it happened yesterday and they eased up. It makes me nervous too...

Also the baby kicks and rolls have become really strong and very frequent! My husband and I can both see them when I pull my shirt up. I was thinking maybe this baby is more mellow than my first but now I fear the opposite! Lol. It's still really nice to know he's growing fast and strong enough to make his presence known =)

Good luck with your scan babylove! It's so exciting to see our little bubs again!

Anyone else being plagued by BH? It's been a pain. and it's making me nervous.

I wouldn’t worry too much, with my last baby I had bad braxton hicks from 17 weeks and she still didn’t make an appearance until 39 weeks!

almost positive I have an anterior placenta as still not feeling proper kicks, at this point last time my husband was feeling them too! It’s so strange! I also have an incredibly low bump compared to last time, my bump ends at my belly button and I just looked at comparative shots from last time and my bump went all the way up by this point! It’s a very different pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->